Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 16:36   #16
BHPian

It's illegal mate. It might get you some benefits, but if you are caught, you are in for big trouble (impersonating a public servant) I guess.

Avoid it.
Old 8th February 2010, 16:40   #17
BHPian

I have seen stickers that say "Republic of India" in a similar font/colour as that of the GoI stickers
Old 8th February 2010, 16:44   #18
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Only vehicles registered in the name of GOI can have GOI sticker. Personal vehicles of GOI officials ( even cabinet secretary, highest civilian officer for GOI) can not have sticker. it is punishable offence
rkg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2010, 16:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yaar dekho.

If you are the frivolous kind, please don't.

If you want to use it to ensure safety while driving through badass places like MP tribal areas at night - its illegal but I personally would think its a great idea. However, no one would clearly support you in that.

But if you do manage it, PM me - I'd want such a sticker on my car before I embark on a MP road trip second half of 2010!

/Dear moralists - its horses for courses!
Old 8th February 2010, 17:05   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

This brings to mind a yesteryear (Or do people follow it even now?) practice in TN.

People are used to displaying Advocate or Press stickers on their vehicles. Useful at times to getaway from traffic constables who are keen in extracting money from us or getting access to roads blocked for silly reasons like VIP visit.

My dad's an advocate and I used to have the advocate sticker on my scooty in school days. It did work. Have escaped manytimes and was able to bring the fine amount since my dad was an advocate
Old 8th February 2010, 17:37   #21
BHPian

FYI. There is a scheme in some public sector companies that employees can use to acquire a vehicle for office use and eventually own as a a personal vehicle in the long term. Initially it will be owned by the PSU and carry stickers such as "Ministry of Defence". It is even eligible for free tolls on toll-roads. The employee uses it as an official vehicle and makes monthly (interest free) payments to the PSU and in 4-5 years will become a personal vehicle. I wonder if in many cases the MoD sticker never comes off ;-)
Old 8th February 2010, 17:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Well over here in Hyderabad every other vehicle is either Govt. or on Govt. Duty. These get abused left right and centre over here and don't get any special mention.

BTW GoI sticker on a HONDA Accord will definitely look out of place.
MileCruncher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2010, 17:52   #23
BHPian

Just read this in today's Ahmedabad Mirror

Article Window

Going OT, but the latest "trend" is to sport stickers : All India Anti Corruption Committe!!

Seems it's a Political Party having that name and people become members and get ID cards et all.
Old 8th February 2010, 17:55   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

I echo condor: why why why?

You know the first thought that comes into my mind when i see an amby or such a government car with a bharat sarkar sticker on the bonnet and boot? BHARAT SUCKER! Cause, that's what most of these guys do - suck out everything from the country!
Old 9th February 2010, 15:43   #25
BHPian

Why would anyone want to do that? I understand that have a state govt. or GOI sticker gets extra benefits at some places, but if you are not a govt. servant it will attract imprisonment as well. Out of curiosity on the same lines: Is it possible to get that infamous green sticker on the number plate which says Govt. Of Karnataka? Ther reason i ask is because almost every second car near my residence has this sticker. At times i wonder if its non govt. folks pretending to be a neta!
Old 9th February 2010, 15:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

Most of if there is a dharna or an andolan or a protest against the governement which turns violent people are going to vent out anger on the stickered vehicle.
Old 22nd May 2017, 12:22   #27
BANNED

Re: Government of India sticker on car

OK, So lets assume the vehicle owner is a Government of India employee, either Gazetted or Non-Gazetted. So the intention of displaying "Government of India" or "Bharat Sarkar" would be to remotely impress upon the viewer that the vehicle/owner has some connection with GOI, this would help in avoiding unnecessary hassle in day to day traffic to some extent. Of course just display without any direct link to GoI would be illegal I guess, however, if stopped an actual employee can produce his GoI ID.

I found guidelines regarding display of State Emblem however, could not find guidelines or rules regarding display of "Government of India" or "Government of State" rules anywhere. If someone has information o that, please let us know. My reasoning is - afterall the owner is displaying the name of his/her employer. Thats all.
Old 22nd May 2017, 14:27   #28
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboooooom View Post
My reasoning is - afterall the owner is displaying the name of his/her employer. Thats all.
Not correct. Sticker with GOI or State Govt implies vehicle belongs to Govt. An employee can not put organization name on personal vehicle. No way. It is like impersonation.
I work in a Autonomous Central Government organization, which was registered as a Society. We are funded 100% by GOI. But we are not supposed to have GOI on our ID cards and our ID cards do not have it.
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 13:04   #29
BANNED

Not being cheeky here, so would it be okay if one puts "Employer: Government of India" or "Government of India Employee" or "In service of Government of India"
Old 1st June 2017, 13:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

No Govt Of India/Union etc stickers can be put on a private vehicle. Only Govt owned/hired/leased vehicles are permitted to do it. Plus why would anyone want to do that on a private vehicle.

Last edited by bigron : 1st June 2017 at 13:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks