Team-BHP - Would you buy a hatchback for 10L?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Would you buy a hatchback for 10L? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/75180-would-you-buy-hatchback-10l.html)

I'm curious to see if the old stereotype of hatchbacks being small, low-budget cars with inferior status as compared to saloons still holds true.

I've voted yes, because of the following:
- I have a budget of 10L for a new car
- I live in a big city (Bombay)
- Parking space is tight in my apartment building as well as in the city
- I dont need a boot (can always fold down the seats)
- Rarely travel with passengers in the backseat

I'm quite frustrated that there are no options in my price range. The main culprits are:
- Honda decided not to put the 1.5 iVTEC in the Jazz, in order to keep it below 10L. The 1.2 Jazz is overpriced and underpowered.
- Fiat doesn't plan to put the 1.4 TJET in the Punto. An excellent car spoiled by underpowered engines.
- VW has gone on a cost cutting spree with the Polo and the car looks disappointing so far. Also, the 1.6 engine is not as good as the 1.2TSI sold elsewhere.

So thats why I want to see if people like me are very limited in number or if there is a genuine market for a 10L hatchback (OTR price).

If you vote yes or no, please list your reasons.

I would, if:
1. There is a hatchback available for > 10L that appeals to me, and
2. Supposing I have > 10L available to spend on a car.

But then, I prefer hatches to sedans (and 3-door hatches to 5-door hatches, and coupes to both :D).

Note that this poll will suffer from self-selection bias, wherein those people who are willing to make such a purchase would be more likely to vote on the poll.

I voted No because I don't have money to buy 10L car. And even if I have then I will prefer sedan over hatch back.

If @10L for a hatchback they include :

I'm definitely buying oneclap:
Its more like a dream!

other than the car's features, I feel that a hatch back is totally practical in city driving!
especially if one specifically needs a car!

I've known single ppl roaming around in Innovas etc.!!:eek:(maybe planning for a big family! lol)

In a 10L package you get a more practical car with loads of features!
definitely worth it!

I voted NO because I have defination of hatchback in my minds which indicates hatchback =< 6 Lakh only. Above the settled limit is for luxury and oomph factor.

Has to be a hot hatch (looks & engine)

Quote:

Originally Posted by theEnd (Post 1724003)
I've voted yes, because of the following:
- I live in a big city (Bombay)
- Parking space is tight in my apartment building as well as in the city
- I dont need a boot (can always fold down the seats)
- Rarely travel with passengers in the backseat

I've voted no, because of the following:
- I don't live in a big city (like Bombay)
- Parking space is not an issue at my house
- I dont need a boot (can always fold down the seats) but I still like the sedan layout.
- Rarely travel with passengers in the backseat (has got nothing to do with the car being a hatch or a sedan)

@#1#

something on the lines of chevrolet SRV, just everything better..

I'd rather have a Punto or i20 for my hatchback, and get a sedan for that kinda money.

Voted "No".

For me a Hatchback is meant to be a city car, with some highway drives, now and then. Even if you put in all safety features and a powerful or efficient engine, the cost should not cross 10L. Today we are getting hatches with ABS and airbags for under 5-6L! Even if you add additional cost for better engines, the cost cannot cross 10L.

Quote:

I'm quite frustrated that there are no options in my price range. The main culprits are:
- Honda decided not to put the 1.5 iVTEC in the Jazz, in order to keep it below 10L. The 1.2 Jazz is overpriced and underpowered.
- Fiat doesn't plan to put the 1.4 TJET in the Punto. An excellent car spoiled by underpowered engines.
- VW has gone on a cost cutting spree with the Polo and the car looks disappointing so far. Also, the 1.6 engine is not as good as the 1.2TSI sold elsewhere.
Well there is the i20 1.4 Auto or the CRDi which is just the right car for such requirement, they meet the expectations quite well I think :)

Doesn't a small Rio-sized yet better-engineered SUV make more sense at that price? You get the comforts of a big car and takes the space of a near-small car and with 10 lakhs, you can stuff it up with goodies!! a Perfect all-rounder...

with that much money to spend(considering all other basic need is taken care off)I would go for a sedan. If you already have a sedan and looking for variety then go for a hatch vice versa Or else go for a Scorpio/Safari if you like presence on the road keeping in mind that you have one more car @ home.So voted NO

Voted NO since it doesn't make sense.

If I get a Bravo with a very tasty engine option...then its an absolute YES!