Team-BHP - Skoda Combi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Skoda Combi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7549-skoda-combi.html)

Guys
did U people look at the newspapers today about the combi release and the subsequent ads.
The hot Hatch( or wagon or??) looks mindblowing with the RS specs.
13.8 lakhs.
Now, why is that I am a sucker for hatch lookalikes.?

Yeah dude combi rocks. But do u think it will do well in the Indian market?

Quote:

Originally Posted by caroholic1
But do u think it will do well in the Indian market?

I dont think so...even though the car looks pretty smart for a station wagon, there is no market for this segment yet.Also The 1.8T engine is not the most economical one around and now with the added weight the fuel effciency will drop more. I think Skoda has done the most ridiculous thing by not introducing it in the 1.9Tdi engine!

Firstly, the Combi is not yet launched. its going to come soon according to adverts!

Quote:

I think Skoda has done the most ridiculous thing by not introducing it in the 1.9Tdi engine!
It is clearly mentioned in the paper that its available in RS and L n K i.e 1.9TDi

Wagons are for people who seek utility. Keeping that in mind, they should launch it with base trim and Tdi diesel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Wagons are for people who seek utility. Keeping that in mind, they should launch it with base trim and Tdi diesel.

Spot on. IF they're going to sell a Wagon they should price it below the rest of the diesel market and keep it basic (wonder what they will take off, though - the Ambiente is already pretty basic and costs about 12 lakhs plus on the road)...

I think it's only available in the L&K spec. The back seats are the same so buyer might wait and the the New Octavia instead

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA

It is clearly mentioned in the paper that its available in RS and L n K i.e 1.9TDi

Oops my bad. I thought the LnK came with the 2.0 petrol engine, but to come to think of it doesnt make sence why they would get two petrol engines one being far superior than the other so I guess i was too dumb to figure that out at first :p
Station wagons have never picked up in India and skoda is hoping to break through in this segment by trendsetting an openign to a new segment. I dont see much potential in it honest specially when the the only plus point that the combi has over the hatchback normal octavia is boot space...which is not much different as the hatchback has a huuge enough boot already. Lets get down to the figures to really compare the 'SPACE' factor...which is main selling point for the combi over the octavia.... The combi has 1500 liters of boot space and the hatchback version has 1330 liters (both figures r with the rear seats dropped) I dont see the point of driving around with the combis large tail just for 170 liters more of boot space, unless ofcourse there are some other changes like more leg room than the hatchback which could be a big plus point as the octavias rear space is very cramped.

excuse me guys..did i hear anyone say it looks good ??
and 12 laks + for basic model..man its way too much

Quote:

Originally Posted by karizma_devil
excuse me guys..did i hear anyone say it looks good ??
and 12 laks + for basic model..man its way too much

Dude there is no basic model here.......each of the two models r fully loaded ... so all the frills are standard on this car....with the LnK you get out right luxury and with the RS you get luxury with sportiness.Eitherways the car is fully loaded!
As for the looks I think the pretty good looking for a station wagon.... station wagons are ugly imo and this one is the better looking out of the lot......if u compare it to the other wagons that we have had like the baleno altura, fiat siena wagon,etc this one is wayyy better looking the only other one that comes close to a good looking wagon is the Forester... I am the little market that the Chevy forester created for itself will be taken over by the combi.

looks like skoda has missed the plot here. will be interesting to see how they try and sell this here in india at these prices.

the fabia would have been a far better proposition, especially in buiding up the brand and penetrating the market.

imho, its a case of too little and too late.

but yes, it looks stunning and probably, based on precedence, performs admirably as well.

Instead they should have bought the Fabia station wagon at 7Lacs.

but as a car the Octavia Combi is very good.but it wont sell,since most people in that segment want to show their status and a station wagon is not upto that job.

I just fell for it. The price is hurting. At 14 lakhs, it is beyond what i would like to spend. Looks a stunner
Skoda has this great Build, solid engineered Automobiles.

Combi appears to be a good machine and completes the Octavia offerings in the Indian market. In my view now LnK should launch Fabia, probably this machine would generate greater volumes for the manufacturer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil
if u compare it to the other wagons that we have had like the baleno altura, fiat siena wagon,etc this one is wayyy better looking the only other one that comes close to a good looking wagon is the Forester... be taken over by the combi.

Hi
What happened to the baleno Altura.
i have seen a couple of them here in the chennai roads and they looked good.

Is there any way they can be ordered from MUL?