Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 16:30   #16
BHPian

Honda India has cleared the recent media reports about the early launch of its new small car in India. Honda's new small car will not be launched in India before scheduled time. It will be launched as intended earlier, by next year.

source: OfficialWire: New Small Car From Honda Will Not See An Early Launch

-
Old 7th October 2010, 10:31   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

HONDA's new small car - BRIO

Got some news about the new small car from Honda - "Brio". This is the same which was showcased in Auto expo with code name CV2.

Brio means "funny small car". Expected launch in Q1, 2011.

Expected engine is the de-tuned version of 1.2 l engine to cut down costs.

Got the below info from a malayalam daily.

This is designed with the Indian customers at the forefront. Also Honda claims that this car will be easy to ingress and egress for "women wearing saree". Now thats quite some focus on Indian market I would say.

Looks like they have performed good testing with models sporting "saree" to check the comfort aspect.

Also mentioned that 80% is the localisation of components for this car to reduce the costs - might be priced at 5 lacs.

More details on the car in the below links.

Honda Brio launch expected in 2011, Honda Brio vs Toyota Etios battle likely comparison | DWS Auto India

Honda Brio Small Car Launch in 2011: New Honda Brio Compact Car India | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog

Mods, Could not find any posts with the car name - If there are related threads, please merge and request to update the thread title with the car name.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th October 2010 at 10:33.
Old 11th November 2010, 09:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Some more info on the Honda Brio --- Motoroids

It says the car will be powered by a 3 cyl 900cc i-Vtec - based on the Jazz engine! That really looks underpowered on paper, and with Honda engines generally delivering all the power higher up, it'll be interesting to see how they tune this engine for good driveability in the city.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 11th November 2010 at 09:40.
Old 11th November 2010, 10:43   #19
BHPian

Here is some more info from Cars Bikes India Blog:
Thailand Motor Expo to host Honda small car prototype | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog
Honda Brio Small Car Launch in 2011: New Honda Brio Compact Car India | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog
Sticky Fuel: Honda’s turn for a diesel engine in it’s small car concept | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog
Honda Siel Cars India on Tuesday said that they will be showcasing the prototype of the small car at the upcoming Thailand International Motor Expo this month & will launch the vehicle in India in 2011.
Old 11th November 2010, 11:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

What's with the latest launches and reducing window space at rear? Beat's rear window is a prisoner's window. Cervo's looks pretty small. This one tops it. Guess next few years will see only door for rear passanger, and no window!
Old 11th November 2010, 12:22   #21
BHPian

I hope the they do something to the side profile of the car esp the CRV styled rear. It looks really ugly. What with Toyota and Honda? Toyota is giving India a dated design while Honda wants to goo too futuristic and make the car look odd. But the front and rear is quite good on the Brio!
Old 23rd November 2010, 19:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Just found the pics of Honda Brio. Looks very close to the concept version

Source : Auto Esporte
Old 23rd November 2010, 20:33   #23
BHPian

I doubt whether we will get those alloys. Any clue about the engine option? Why honda has removed iDSI engine from it's cars which is also an advanced technology?
Old 24th November 2010, 00:07   #24
BHPian

I didn't feel the iDSI was really that great.
The iDSI engine in my City is a lot louder and sounds more unrefined when compared to the i-vtec in my Civic, especially when high revved.

My guess is a 1.0 litre i-vtec.
Old 24th November 2010, 07:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
The iDSI engine in my City is a lot louder and sounds more unrefined when compared to the i-vtec in my Civic, especially when high revved.

But i-DSI is high on mileage , so it will matter in india.
Old 28th November 2010, 15:37   #26
BHPian

Quote:

The segment where Honda is planning compete need higher torque at lower rpm. Otherwise it will be stamped as underpowered car. Even look at the number of old Honda city(iDSI). People were OK with 77 Bhp because the torque were at their foot in all practical situations.
Old 29th November 2010, 13:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Just found the pics of Honda Brio. Looks very close to the concept version

Source : Auto Esporte
Rest thing being acceptable, I feel that the rear seats will real claustrophobic, because of the rising waistline of the car combined with the design of the rear window that narrows down to its end.
Old 29th November 2010, 16:21   #28
Team-BHP Support

From the pictures on this page, I can say that there is more than a hint of Renault's older Megane in the window-line/roof-line. That, in no way, is bad! But it just somehow doesn't have that Honda-ish thing about it!

That window/roof-line at the back isn't going to help matters inside. It's going to make its occupants feel quite claustrophobic. But small cars these days seem to be designed like that. The Chevy Beat, Maruti's A-Star and now this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
Any clue about the engine option? Why honda has removed iDSI engine from it's cars which is also an advanced technology?
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
But i-DSI is high on mileage , so it will matter in india.
Anyway, it's said to be powered by a 900cc 3-pot motor which is essentially the same engine that does duty in the Jazz, albeit de-tuned and one cylinder less. I don't expect it to be as refined as the 1.2 4-potter in the Jazz, but this 900cc engine should be able to produce enough power to keep up with the competition.

Power isn't its strong point though. Mileage should be its trump card. Considering that the Jazz manages phenomenal FE figures, I expect this new small Honda to set a benchmark!

However, they might just dump the iVtec system for a regular valve-train. Let's hope that doesn't happen as it's already a 3-potter!

In any case, the Brio should be a promising little hatch for our Indian market.

But at 5-6 lakhs, I'm not too sure.
Old 29th November 2010, 21:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Dimension-wise this thing does not look any better than an A-star.However i am sure Honda will price this in the 5-6l range.
But it might just be worth the price,Honda usually has brilliant inside space usage so will expect lots of innovative storage places.Also i guess the brilliant FE of idsi engines,refinement and build quality will sweeten the deal.
Honda however must not skimp on features.
Old 30th November 2010, 14:27   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

ODMAG live twitter update

Guys, am receiving the LIVE twitter feeds from ODMAG on Brio.

Honda's new small car is to be called the Brio and the price tag is set to be below Rs 5 lakh.

Flat, height adjustable seats, nearly flat rear bench...

Stereo similar to city panel and india will get two tone interior option sort of familial resemblance to civic steering

Very plain interior though looks smart neat and minimal

Engine will be 1.2-litre VTEC. Jazz engine? Makes sense, but not confirmed

1.2 engine will be derived from the jazz 1.2vtec so perhaps less power, same or similar torque for better city driving

Only diff between india Thailand will be Cvt in Thai and manual in india

No two tone interiors at show. Beige is where it's at

Integrated headrests

3.6metres long x 1.68 width x 1.475 height and here in Thailand claimed eff is 20kmpl from an automatic tranny

No production figures for . To be made at Greater Noida Honda plant

Indian trials are already on. Expect launch by Dusshera 2011. Or Diwali latest

Huge air dam on front bumper with fog lamps incorporated. Lots of muscular and sculpted edges

looks almost exactly the same as the Expo car but clearer detailing with Civicish grille and logo and a wide edge line across grille

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks