Team-BHP - SX4 to come with VW Jetta Diesel engine?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   SX4 to come with VW Jetta Diesel engine? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/75873-sx4-come-vw-jetta-diesel-engine-2.html)

Now with the launch of vw polo wouldnt it be more economical for maruti to source a 4 pot engine of the 1.2L 3 pot engine. Maruti would most certainly be toying with idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baleno4397 (Post 1747416)
SX4 is an indian car. I don't think they would go for a 1.9 engine from VW -- rather, they shouldn't be. Average Indians go for Maruti products (IMHO) and I think it would be a little harsh on us to maintain an expensive, trouble prone engine. We might have to sell our kidneys to maintain it lol:

On the other hand, Maruti should be thinking of getting the same engine that powers Cruze. I think this is a pretty bad move. :(

Maruti still has'nt learnt the art of making a good diesel engine. Cruze..forget it. You think GM is out of its mind ?
The VW engines may be noisy, but they are excellent mechanically. Fiat is doing a good thing by refusing/or avoiding Maruti w.r.t these engines. I think the SX4 with 1.3 75 bhp Multijet itself will sell. Let Maruti/Suzuki come up with its own diesel engines.Then we will see who buys them.

The SX4 in the international market comes in 3 diesel trims:- 1.6TD, 1.9TD and 2.0TD. Do you think any of these would be feasible for India?
Interestingly, the SX4 is also sold as the Fiat Sedici, a mini SUV in Eupore. This car is a JV between Fiat and Suzuki. That car comes with a 1.9 Multijet Diesel. I feel that the same engine will be sourced to power the SX4 diesel.

Source: Suzuki SX4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes. If that same 1.9 MJD is brought in SX4 here, then it is going to be one one hot selling car for a looooong time to come. SX4 is reasonably well built, has good features and equipment levels. The only thing missing is the 1.9MJD. Once that is in, the sales will take off. But how near is it to reality ? Any idea ?

For now, SX4 is soon coming with 1.3L 90 BHP DDiS engine, same as Linea, Manza. I read this sometime back in some auto magazine.
But difference will be in engine tuning, which I feel Maruti is so far better at compared to Fiat and Tata!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baleno4397 (Post 1747416)
SX4 is an indian car.

Sorry, didn't get the point here. How can a car which was designed by Fiat & Suzuki, where they have a 1 to 3 sales agreement, become Indian? Even in this forum I've often felt the sentiments that Maruti-Suzuki is an Indian company. With 54.2% of shares owned by Suzuki, MSIL is more Japanese than Indian.
:OT

Anyway, back to the topic. Worldwide, the diesel engines for the current SX4's are Fiat MJDs. I this speculation came into existence after the Suzuki-VW joint venture. But, I think there are some agreements between Suzuki and Fiat regarding the SX4, which will still be valid. But overall, the PD diesel may not be a good choice for SX4.

I had earlier read somewhere that the 1.6td is sourced from Peugeot and not from Fiat.

2010 Suzuki SX4 - Automobiles Review

The specs of 1.6L Diesel engine is very low. 90HP -215NM can be now achieved in a 1.3L engine. I do not want such an engine in my car. I pay higher excise and still get an underpowered engine. I do not think this engine will come to India. it doesn't make sense.

This thread does not provide any new information. As nobody has any concrete information on SX4 diesel i would suggest the mods to close the thread for the time being till any confirmed news comes. Some misinformed salesman cannot be taken as reliable source.

Agreed, Sx4 with a Diesel heart has been discussed in detail.

Since there is no confirmed news.

Thread Closed

I know the thread is closed, but just couldn't resist from adding one comment:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpmx1000 (Post 1749782)
Maruti still has'nt learnt the art of making a good diesel engine.

Making a good diesel engine? Maruti don't know how to many ANY diesel engine, whether good or bad.

However, they sure as hell know how to tune an engine. The best application of the 1.3 MJD is in the Swift. Surprising, isn't it? That Fiat engine works better in a Maruti than a Fiat!