Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:38   #1
BHPian

Auto & Accessories Expo in Chennai

Hi guys. I heard that there was Auto expo that was happened on 20-21 feb 2010 in Chennai. I think its kind of an exhibition that took place. Any you guys who had been there. It would be good to see some pics if you guys have it..
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:34   #2
GSP

I had gone to the expo with great expectations, especially the banner saying "Largest Auto Expo in Chennai"
Except one car from Dubai, I didn't find any car that is not found on the streets. Ah yes .. there was one Harley also on display.
I think garages of many of our Team-BHPians may have more car than what was displayed in the Expo.
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

It is actually Auto & Accessories Expo. I went there on 20th Feb. It was by biggest weekend disappointment. Absolutely waste of time . I expected there will be a variety of accessories on offer. But, nothing was there . I just did a Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura plus TD and came back home.
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

It was a grand fiasco by Times of India..
check out here formore details.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post1744846
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Lured by TOI's daily ads, I landed up there as well. What a waste of time! There were just a few cars displayed here and there and a couple of pathetic accessories stalls. My kid was petrified looking at the Mahindra Gio parked at the entrance. Is that possibly the ugliest vehicle ever made in India? It's so ugly that it looked kind of cute to me.
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:02   #6
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Me and my wife walked in and walked out faster than it took to walk from the parked car to the entrance.
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:03   #7
Senior - BHPian

I think they committed similar crime couple of months back in Bangalore. I was one of the victim:-((
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:09   #8
BHPian

it was nothing but a GLORIFIED USED CAR MELA, that happens in these college grounds. what a waste of time, from adyar it took me 25 mins to reach there, but was out of there in like 2 or three mins. I guess if i had driven 2 more mins down the road and entered GP Road, I would have seen more accessories and cars. , I would add more but forum rules stop me.
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:36   #9
BHPian

Maybe i think that they would have thought that chennai people are not that interested. Very bad. They should have made some efforts to make it big.
Old 23rd February 2010, 04:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
I guess if i had driven 2 more mins down the road and entered GP Road, I would have seen more accessories and cars
Couldn't agree more.
Old 24th February 2010, 07:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

it was sad that they were pedelling such an abysmal show as an "auto expo". no new cars, hardly any cars. The harley and the cadillac had some jewellers banner splattered across that you could not even take a picture. There was a beat being driven around, and that idiot was doing nothing but kicking up dust. Automobil Association had a stall which was tucked away into a corner. and to boot there was a "VIP Lounge" .. yeah right!
Old 22nd October 2011, 18:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto & Accessories Expo in Chennai

Flop Saturday. I too one among the Cennaites who went all the way making lots of compromise with the kids at home to the Flop Auto expo and Foodpro expo on the sameday in the same campus. It is more a dealers Show minus Maruti, MAximo,Ashok Leyland,Magic etc. Auto expo with out commercial vehicles. The displayed the cars which we reviewed and analyzed here. Flop # 2 Food pro expo we took the entry tickets but in the entrance they told kids are not allowed. Returned without a visit on getting refund of the ticket amount. Here are some photos of the exibited cars. Worth seeing the vintage cars. Here are some snaps from there
Attached Thumbnails
Auto & Accessories Expo in Chennai-vinta.jpg  

Auto & Accessories Expo in Chennai-vint.jpg  

Auto & Accessories Expo in Chennai-skoda-l.jpg  

Auto & Accessories Expo in Chennai-nissan-sun.jpg  

Auto & Accessories Expo in Chennai-nissan-f.jpg  

Auto & Accessories Expo in Chennai-nissan.jpg  

Auto & Accessories Expo in Chennai-audi.jpg  

Auto & Accessories Expo in Chennai-bmw-sdrive.jpg  

Auto & Accessories Expo in Chennai-bmw-x-3.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 22nd October 2011, 18:49   #13
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I guess it is one of those "Naam ke Vaaste"/"Half-Hearted" exhibitions in Chennai Trade Centre.

From your pictures
- Nissan Sunny seemed to attract a lot of crowd
- So did Renault Fluence
- The hostess in the Audi stall did not seem to be bothered about the people all over the Q5

Thank God I'm travelling or else i would have witnessed the flop show first hand.
Old 22nd October 2011, 18:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

I went there yesterday - the foodpro was a more business oriented exhibition and it was amazing.
The Autoexpo was another sham! Total waste of INR50. There was nothing to see, in the Skoda stall the vRS looked awesome and that guy there was borderline rude when I told him I was just checking it out. There was no superb nor the Yeti at the skoda stall, the Tata Stall had no Safari and Mahindra's absence was quite apparent.

I would have assumed Force1 would have made its presence felt, and the the Toyota lineup was missing the Fortuner and most of the premium cars. Also, Mitsubishi was missing as well. Most ridiculous was the Panemera being "displayed" what was the point of that exercise?

I think someone should really tell them to think twice before organizing such half baked "Auto Expos" and should be termed as "Car exhibitions for the 3-20L Range" Sorry to rant so much but I was really disappointed yesterday!
Old 22nd October 2011, 20:35   #15
Senior - BHPian

Madan! It is so sad that the The Hindu has organized such a flop expo. I expected some good accessories in the expo but saw some seat covers, and tool sets stalls only.To fill upthe part of the hall they have put up the Hindu archives on Automobiles.Even they have failed to bring the Two wheelers for the show.Rest you have mentioned in your post. Can you tell something more about the food pro. I got angry when they did not allow my grand children. If it is worth I will make it after Ford's course. Are they selling the kitchen appliances?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks