Team-BHP - Pay and park in Bangalore/Any other indian city
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Pay and park in Bangalore/Any other indian city (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/76293-pay-park-bangalore-any-other-indian-city-2.html)

This is everywhere even in U.S.A. At the back of the parking ticket they usually have that written. Amco is a a very popular parking company over in U.S.A. and they also have that written at the back of the ticket.

So, I guess it is standard disclaimer. Its not something that is being followed in India only.

Malls can provide CCTV coverage of the parking lot, and a big indication that the entire area is being covered. This is a deterrent for thieves/terrorist and also help solve the crime.
This by itself shouldnt be so costly for malls to achieve

Vehicle theft in a mall parking is very unlikely. But in case of a theft, such a sign board holds no value in the court of law.

These signs are displayed so that customers can't hold the management responsible if their car gets damaged while it was parked.

There have been several instances when a car parked in a mall parking got scratched/dented by another vehicle.

IIRC, Rudra Sir's Optra was damaged in the parking of a well known mall in Bangalore.

I have personally seen a parked car getting scratched by another car, even when 2 attendants were guiding the car as the driver was reversing. The attendants shouted stop stop, but the overconfident driver won't stop and ended up scratching his brand new car and another person's parked car. This happened in Swagath Mall in Jayanagar.

Rohan

There is a pay and park next to padma theater, kochi. The only one time i went there, the thugs wanted me to hand over the keys to them. I told them to get lost and looked elsewhere. They were looking like a bunch of goons in lungies and all and in case something is missing from my car, i cant imagine getting into an argument with them. I wonder how they even expect total strangers to hand them over the keys to their precious possession. I would say please keep away from them

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigneshA (Post 1756132)
Malls can provide CCTV coverage of the parking lot, and a big indication that the entire area is being covered. This is a deterrent for thieves/terrorist and also help solve the crime.
This by itself shouldnt be so costly for malls to achieve

I doubt on this idea. A separate CCTV then staff to monitor these 24/7 etc . There are lots of infrastructure cost involved. But if the local corporation insists this before giving the license then this can be done

@AirWind, @Shishir & @Spitfire - Thanks for the tip; But why not the mall also implement to collect the parking token? Atleast the theft can be brought down to some extend right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1758158)
@AirWind, @Shishir & @Spitfire - Thanks for the tip; But why not the mall also implement to collect the parking token? Atleast the theft can be brought down to some extend right?

As I had already mentioned the parking token will contain only the time at which you enter(90% of times) and you know how our thieves are. they will duplicate the aprking token system and just rde wawy with the vehicle and at the token collection point they will pay the amount and speed away.

I had a question for those who often visit and park their cars in south Bombay. Most of the SoBo commercial spots have the MCGM pay and park. Now ideally, this system is meant to discourage people from bringing their private vehicles on a daily basis and for the same reason the rates have hiked up to Rs.15 for the first hour and Rs.10 for every consecutive hour. I know most of the people who park their cars in such places daily give the parking guys a fixed amount per day/ week/ month. Also that in the middle the system of electronic receipt was introduced which could monitor the money collected by these guys daily but now they no longer give the electronic receipts. They just tear out a slip when you are paying them with nothing written on it but demand the full amount.

My question is who monitors these guys and the amount collected?? More than the govt, it is these guys who are earning revenue from the not bothered car owners.

Now people might think I am crying over 15 odd bux but just think about it. 1 car owner, 20 days of the month parks his car for 1 hour per day (assume the least), so that is Rs.300 (15x20) per month from 1 car person. Obviously, there are anywhere between 20-50 cars under 1 guy who works for atleast 25 days a month (and yes they donot take only 15 bux). Now do the math:Shockked:!

Just wanted to let Mumbai bhpians know that the Pay and Park opposite Mahesh Lunch Home, Juhu has been permanently closed. Not sure of the reason - but the land was owned by the Airport Authority of India (AAI). Had seen a couple of cars parked there for an extended period - a Volvo V70 Estate, G55 AMG, a couple of W124 Mercs, 2 rotting W220s (one being an S500 AMG) and very recently an old 4wd truck (not sure if it was a Tata MB or any other make) but was fully covered.