Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2010, 22:15   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
Nice combo...You expect all these for just 4.8 on road . Sorry to say but my personal opinion is quality does not come cheap and on the other hand high price does not always guarantee quality. So if these features were to be in a hatch and manufactured sincerely it would cost atleast 6 - 6.5 Lakhs on road for base model. I would blindly buy this car even if its priced below 7.5 Lakhs.

Lets say your an excellent engineer, totally a Nobel prize stuff, would you work for lesser salary? No I guess.
SAM started off well. Have you ever imagined five years back the current Indian telecom scenario?

I feel we are not dreaming something impossible. True to my wisdon we, THE INDIANs are robbed royally for the stuff what we get in the market.

Days are not far for the AUTO giants to queue to sell us all we want may be with a caption "No down payment", "Zero percent interest". "Pay whenever you feel like", etc to INDIA & INDIANS
Old 14th March 2010, 04:40   #17
CPH
BHPian

Fiat Punto

Bring the 1.6 M-Jet and the T-Jet to India.

All manufacturers

Make the cars lighter and give more options that people can leave out what they don't want.
Old 14th March 2010, 07:40   #18
Team-BHP Support

Most important: Design all hatches with good GC ! That's one thing which kills every one in India.
Old 15th March 2010, 23:45   #19
BHPian

I think Skoda can answer the prayers by replacing their current 1.2 L petrol engine with the 1.2 TSI. The Engine is sure to come to India to serve in the petrol Yeti. Since the excise cut benifits will still be retained, Skoda can offer something to the enthusiast community without any steep pricing.
Punto and Swift might be better handling cars but the mix of ride, handling, interiors and most importantly rear legroom that Fabia provides is yet unmatched.
There are currently only two grouses with the car, the pathetic After Sales Service and the lazy engines. The 1.2 TSI certainly takes care of the latter.
Old 16th March 2010, 02:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

I think the best solution is to provide OEM upgrade/modification kits. Firstly cost, emmission, fuel efficiency restrictions make manufacturers walk on a tight rope and power ends up going down the priority list. DIY kits for suspension, engine mods would be an easier and effective way to counter this, provided manufacturers supply the kits at reasonable prices and stick to their warranties.
This will give enthusiasts room to chase their own requirements whether its just straightline speed, handling, looks whatever...Also to do it at stages according to the depth of their pockets, rather than shell out a lot of dosh upfront. It will also save the car from cheap aftermarket accessories, where unsuspecting customers will fall for the price rather than safety or quality.
Old 16th March 2010, 07:01   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

what i would dearly love to see;

More powerful engines, great alloys + wider profile performance tyres -
1.6 petrol in the Suzuki Swift Zxi (Sport version) + fat tyres + great alloys + improved suspension = wicked performance.
more powerful performance Diesel in the Swift + regular availability of a Zdi version with above pluses.
1.6 petrol in the VW Polo & Fabia + fat tyres + great alloys + improved suspension = great feeling
1.6 petrol in the Grande Punto + fat tyres + great alloys + improved suspension = evil.
1.6 petrol rocam in the Ford Figo + fat tyres + great alloys + improved suspension = great car.

Would also like to see Suzuki not making cheap compromises like non provision of left side rear view mirror etc to control costs.

Would love to see a reduction in CBU duties in India - which will give us poor beasts a chance to see top cars like the Mini and the Beetle and the 500 etc at more reachable pricing!
Old 16th March 2010, 08:11   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
Make the cars lighter and give more options that people can leave out what they don't want.
Without compromising the bodyshell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Most important: Design all hatches with good GC ! That's one thing which kills every one in India.
It won't be a hot hatch if it has good GC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Beige interior is not suitable for Indian driving condition, even if you are driving 100% AC ON. Why do we Indians think beige is hot/premium?
My +1 to that. I hate those beige interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
- HEAVINESS (eating away performance and mileage)
Inspite of being heavier, the Punto matches the Swift in milege. Same was the case of the Uno v/s Zen. The Octavia returns decent milege despite being heavy. Besides, the solidly built cars are safer and last longer.

Lastly why didn't anyone suggest a 2 door version. Most hot hatches around the world are 2 doors.

Last edited by Live To Jive : 16th March 2010 at 08:12.
Old 16th March 2010, 09:37   #23
Team-BHP Support

Once the Yeti makes its presence, one is sure to find 1.2TSI making its way to the highend versions of Polo/Golf/Skoda at least one if not all.

My guess says, VW will hold it for Golf launch next year rather introduce into any of the current releases.
Old 16th March 2010, 10:55   #24
mxx
BHPian

I have only 1 suggestion.
Change definition of "hot hatch".
Just because a hatch is priced upwards of 6 lakhs, it does not become a hot hatch. And this request is not just for the manufacturer but also for auto mags, customers and auto enthusiasts including ones in team-bhp.
Cmon, how can you call swift, jazz, i201.2kappa or punto with puny 1.2 engines a hot hatch? I have driven these and I dont find anything hot in it. Jazz has the most power(90 PS) as per figures and true it is slightly better than other 1.2s but not a hot hatch.
Polo GTi, Abarth Punto are examples of hot hatch.

Last edited by mxx : 16th March 2010 at 11:01.
Old 16th March 2010, 16:11   #25
BHPian

Volkswagen... If you are listening... Instead of getting in the Beetle...

You could have got a cost cut version of the Scirocco....!!!

Image Source: Wikipedia

Old 28th March 2010, 10:47   #26
BHPian

Those who are not too keen on 'extreme handling' characteristics, do we have the option of going in for a 'softer' set of suspension for Swift?

Reason why Iam asking is because Iam using an Esteem since 2005 and Iam so so impressed by its soft suspension. It gives a 'soft' feeling while going over tiny patches on the roads. (Yeah it lands in bigger pothholes with a bad THUDD!) Going over long trips, for rear passengers Esteem is so comfortable. And riding this car for around 50k kms both long and short drives alike,last 5 years, I never felt esteem was that bad a handler either. I mean I have done all sorts of stunts on esteem. I have done enough trips on the ghats as well.

So whats the whole point here? Why cant we go for (an after market atleast) soft suspension for swift? And What can u say about Ritz then (Ritz has the soft suspension). Hows Ritz handling?

PS: 75% Swift owners dont usually admit the suspension of swift is bad (comfort wise, nto performance wise) bcoz most of them are 'drivers' and not passengers. As a driver swift is super cool no doubt. Sitting in the rear seat I have felt so so irritating that swift picks up all those tiny patches and traverses the 'shock' straight to the spine. Its so annoying. And moreover we are sitting right on the rear axle, so obviously its gonne hurt!

NOTE: Iam not a sane driver. I drive above 100kmph most times as and when possible

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks