Team-BHP - Tata Indigo LWB and Tata 1 lakh car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Indigo LWB and Tata 1 lakh car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7779-tata-indigo-lwb-tata-1-lakh-car.html)

Tata is upping the game with the new indigo in LWB(Long Wheel Base).
Guess what, it will have more legroom for both front and rear! Also later in 2006 the indigo LWB will be equipped with a common rail head.
Now only if they offer a 115bhp dicor indigo :D. But my guess it will be either delphi or fiat head on 1.4 block.

Also prototypes for the 1 lakh car are ready and it will start production in 2008.

Source: Autocar India & Businessworld

Daymm. More space in the Indigo. Wont it be an overkill :D
I hope they launch the Common rail engined Indigo soon as that is the need of the hour.

It WOULD be an overkill. I think Tata should address the dated interiors and the quality of plastics on the Indigo rather than giving even more space...one would think a company is more focussed on addressing its weaknesses rather than going overboard on its strengths.

Is someone listening? We dont want an Indi-limo - give us a much better Indica/go instead. First the 1-lakh car and now this - they seem to be thinking along totally opposing lines...

It would be a narrow long car and not exactly light and manuverable either. Its already a class leader in space so there's no point in making it bigger.

As far as Fiat CR head, its too early to make it happen. If the're gonna launch in 2006 they should've started working on it last year.

Hi!
as per a news report in today hindu supplement(bangalore edition) indigo LWB petrol has dual cam head with 16 valves 1.4L engine with output of 100 BHP. it has DVD player, seperate AC controls for rear seat etc etc

Quote:

indigo LWB petrol has dual cam head with 16 valves 1.4L engine with output of 100 BHP.
Whoa...Watch out Accent, esteem,ikon. If only they upped the quality of parts..

Yup, if tata can spend more on the gearbox! I have been driving a petrol indica V2 since my GTX was tail gated. Power is adequate enough for driving in town. Its the gearbox and the niggling quality issues that bother me. If the gear shift has improved in the V2, then imagine what it would have been in previous models!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrie
Yup, if tata can spend more on the gearbox!...... If the gear shift has improved in the V2, then imagine what it would have been in previous models!!!

Looks like they have a problem with small gearboxes...the one on the Safari is pretty decent and doesnt have that rubbery feel of the Indica/gos. IMHO the Indigo gearbox seems better than that on the Indica, but since they share the same box it could have been a perception thing...

Hi!
they have put a interior photo also. it is mentioned that it will be available in the Accent price range. they have undertaken short test drive also as per the write up. i have tried to get it online version but i couldnot.

Indigo gearbox has different ratio's than indica and indica turbo. In changing the gear ratio's I guess they made the box more refined. Since turbo gets the same ratios as the NA indica, same gearbox gets carried over without any improvement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
Since turbo gets the same ratios as the NA indica

Are you sure about this? Because i read somewhere in the review section (was it you) who said that gear ratios have been slightly altered to aid better city driving.

Indica turbo has short ratios, just like indica NA. this is the reason 0-100 times are 2 sec better than indigo, but top speed is less by about 10kmph. The amount of gear ratio tweaking on indigo is more than that on indica turbo. I think you will be hard pressed to find any difference between indica and indica turbo gear ratio's.
also when I took a test drive of indica turbo and indigo, both brand new, indigo gears and seating felt more comfortable.

well its nice to see TATA is also upgrading its vehicles time to time, freshness keeps the model going on. Abt the 1lk car! i wonder what they gonna make of it! even Autos cost more these dayz!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Devil
well its nice to see TATA is also upgrading its vehicles time to time, freshness keeps the model going on. Abt the 1lk car! i wonder what they gonna make of it! even Autos cost more these dayz!

One thing that I have seen all these days and learnt about Tatas is to never doubt their capabilities once they have set their minds on something. This has right from the Indica days (pre-v2). People laughed when RT dreamt of a spacious car (amby) with M800 price line... welll... he did prove a point later. He did that again with Indigo.

So now that RT's next dream is to make a people's car at 1L (a-la Dhirubhai and his people's mobile), which is not an auto or a stripped down car, you can rest assured that they won't miss the mark by much. Ok, so you may not get a metal bodied car or for that matter a car with V6 Lol... but a car it will be for sure... probably something of the size of the M800 this time and the price to beat it hands down.

i saw the LWB indigo in feb issue of ACI and was surpeised to see the legroom which is in league of s-class rather than any of small cars,.....................AMAZING...........isnt it