Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 18:31   #76

Brilliant topic! I am presenting another perspective to it having been at the receiving end fairly recently - shouldn't there be a specific longer term separate warranty that covers critical, and high value parts? My Endeavour (2004, 2nd owner) in only its sixth year (and barely 50000 kms) has had, believe it or not, its camshaft (in the engine compartment) broken into half! The expected bill of repair - INR 100,000/- plus... the camshaft as we all know is a monolith and but for a manufacturing / material defect there is little else that could have gone wrong - but here I am hopeless, frustrated and helpless staring at this possible hole in my pocket - frustrated even to the level of contemplating action against the manufacturer.
Traveloholic73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2010, 19:26   #77
BHPian

I have tried taking additional warranty for my 3 year old Aveo as my warranty is going to over now. First, i checked with GMI and got information that, they are providing addition warranty at the cost of Rs 5700 and valid for 1 year or 20K km which ever comes first. They asked me to contact local dealer for this.

I have contacted Korpex(Chevy dealer in Bangalore) and they asked me to submit the copy of RC book and complete vehicle history for process this. I have submitted all these documents and latter I got an update from Korpex saying "My application for additional warranty is rejected by GMI because GMI is going to stop giving additional warranty". I have sent a mail to GMI about this and waiting for their reply.
Any idea whether they have stopped providing additional warranty?
Old 3rd November 2010, 01:36   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveloholic73 View Post
My Endeavour (2004, 2nd owner) in only its sixth year (and barely 50000 kms) has had, believe it or not, its camshaft (in the engine compartment) broken into half! The expected bill of repair - INR 100,000/- plus...
I could not help but notice this. My Brother-In-Law has a 4x4 Ford Endeavour, 2nd owner, 5 years total, 80,000+ kms - camshaft in engine broke into half. Repair estimate - Rs.1,85,000/- He suspects some spurious parts and has asked the service station to identify, if any. I don't know - is it possible to put spurious components in there? Prior to the engine seizing up, it was drinking a lot of oil.

Now he is driving a rented Toyota Qualis doing 4,00,000+ kms.
sourav21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2010, 17:07   #79
Senior - BHPian

Re: Indian Car Warranties : The best, the average and the worst!

Tata motors has extended the warranty to 4 years / 60 thousand kilometer . Existing customers can avail the same . Also Tata motors has presented some comprehensive plans at nominal price
Old 15th January 2012, 16:01   #80
BHPian

I don't know if this is OT.
I am trying to figure out if the second owner is eligible for warranty cover if the car is still in warranty at the time of claim.

I am looking into a deal of less than 5 months old T jet Plus and was wondering if this car would stay under warranty if at all I buy it. Since the lineas are known to be cars with niggles, I wanted to make it sure before hand.

Rgds.
Old 5th January 2015, 09:36   #81
BHPian

Honda Anytime Warranty

Honda cars have launched a new product called Honda Anytime Warranty (ATW).

This allows any Honda car, on which warranty has lapsed or about to lapse, to get extended warranty for upto 7 years from date of purchase.

It is applicable for cars which are less than 7 years old and have covered less than 100,000 kms on odo at the time of entering the warranty and has a clear service record

Prices vary as per the age and model of the car. For instance, i purchased the ATW for my 5.5 year old Civic for INR 14410 (Incl of tax).

My car has done 84K Kms. The warranty is valid for 1 year and 20K kms, whichever is earlier.

If i don't cross 100K Kms in the next 1 year, i will be able to renew it again for 1 year.

Is there any other car manufacturer in India that has launched such a warranty?

Rgds
VineetG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 17:27   #82
BHPian

Bought my FIAT Punto MJD Active in May 2011. Got 24 months standard, plus 26 months extended warranty with Europ Assistance. Total validity for 50 months or 1,50,000 kms, whichever is earlier.

Got the elastic pads changed earlier under extended warranty. And recently the hydraulic dampers on the boot-lid failed, and got them also changed under extended warranty.
jessie007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 13:18   #83
Senior - BHPian

4 year / 80,000 km warranty not standard on Renault any more

Thanks to BHPian gauravdgr8 for bringing this to our notice.

Until 2014, Renault was known to offer one of the best factory warranties in India on their vehicles - 4 years or 80,000 kms. However, 2015 onwards, Renault too like other manufacturers, offers a standard warranty of 2 years (or 50,000 kms from the date of delivery).

Customers now have the option to purchase extended warranty for an additional 2 years or 30,000 kms, by paying a certain amount. Pricing of this extended warranty varies on the basis of city and vehicle.

Prices for extended warranty in Mumbai are as below:

Duster: Rs. 10,400/10,650 (P/D)
Pulse: Rs. 6,150/6,300 (P/D)
Scala: Rs. 7,450
Fluence: Rs. 19,200
Koleos: Rs. 26,500

Last edited by S2!!! : 21st February 2015 at 13:21.
S2!!! is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 14:46   #84
Senior - BHPian

Fiat changed its warranty policy as well starting 1st 2013 , as per the information on the website the standard offered is 3 years with there being a difference in pvt vs commercial ownership of car . FOr example a private Linea is now 3 years / 100,000 KM's but a commercial is 3 years/ 60,000. I bought My Jet in July 2013 and hence the benefit of the additional year was with me - but i do plan on picking up the extended warranty nevertheless when i go to the service center next.

http://www.fiat-india.com/service/

Last edited by puchoo : 21st February 2015 at 14:46. Reason: link inclusion.
Old 21st February 2015, 16:11   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

I am surprised Toyota doesn't provide extended warranty. Or does it?
Their standard warranty is among the best in the market with coverage for 3 years or 1L kms. But given that they are known for their niggle free nature and low maintenance costs, it is surprising that they don't offer extended warranty options. Since there are hardly any warranty claims, Toyota stands to only profit from offering such a extended warranty policy. At the least they can keep the number of kms same but increase the years from 3 to 5. Is it possible that a high use of there vehicles by the commercial sector prevents them from offering such a plan as the wear and tear will be much more on those cars?

The dealership although does offer extended warranty at its own level. I bought the same for my Altis for Rs. 17000 which covers the car for 2 extra years. Honestly at the time of purchase I was made to believe ( or I blindly trusted them) that it is being offered from Toyota but only later figured it out that it is offered by the local dealership only. Hopefully there won't be any claims made.

Last edited by drmohitg : 21st February 2015 at 16:12.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 11:05   #86
BHPian

Re: 4 year / 80,000 km warranty not standard on Renault any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Until 2014, Renault was known to offer one of the best factory warranties in India on their vehicles - 4 years or 80,000 kms. However, 2015 onwards, Renault too like other manufacturers, offers a standard warranty of 2 years (or 50,000 kms from the date of delivery).
The only thing this tells me is that the 3rd and 4th year warranty claims are so high for Renault that they simply cant afford to (or dare not) cover them under the standard warranty. Couple it with reported cases of pre-mature rusting etc, and this move does not evoke confidence at all.

The extended warranty, I suspect, may also be by the dealer "on behalf of" Renault. I would double check that.

Seriously, anyone thinking of buying a pre-owned Renault should do a serious, soul-searching, introspection before put in their hard earned money.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 10:43   #87
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4 year / 80,000 km warranty not standard on Renault any more

The only thing this tells me is that the 3rd and 4th year warranty claims are so high for Renault that they simply cant afford to (or dare not) cover them under the standard warranty. Couple it with reported cases of pre-mature rusting etc, and this move does not evoke confidence at all.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
The extended warranty, I suspect, may also be by the dealer "on behalf of" Renault. I would double check that.
4 years or 80,000 kms was the standard cover till 2015. Now it is 2 years / 50,000 kms + extended to 2 years / 30,000 which adds up to the same. So technically, Renault is still offering the same coverage albeit, they're charging the customer this time. I doubt this is a 'dealer' extended warranty. You could check Renault's official website too.
Old 23rd February 2015, 15:25   #88
rkg
Senior - BHPian

TATA ARIA comes with 3 years/1 lakh km standard warranty and can be extended to 4 years or 1.5 lakh km. Engine and all its components are covered for 3 years/1.5 lakh km comprehensive standard warranty

In addition one can take extended warranty of 1 year or 50K km for a specific sum if taken with one month of buying the vehicle. This is not dealer offer but a company offered one valid across all TASS. It is through one of the insurance companies.

Last edited by GTO : 28th February 2015 at 12:09. Reason: Typo
Old 1st July 2018, 23:14   #89
BHPian

Toyota does have extended warranty since a year now I have etios liva diesel , and by my running I got 5 years 180000 km extended warranty which I took in the 3rd year and cost me nearly 20k , believe it's available from the purchase date and will be lot cheaper when purchasing the car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks