Team-BHP - Superb M/T Launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Superb M/T Launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/78724-superb-m-t-launched.html)

well i think i'm the 1st person on team-bhp, hence new thread.

Skoda has launched the superb in Manual transmission (6 speed), at a price of
rs 18,285,63 ex-showroom delhi.
The trim level remains the same.

That brilliant value for money.This undercuts the recently launched Passat Tsi.

Fantastic vfm! The chauffeur driven crowd will be even happier - same spec car at a cheaper price with better FE! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by avishar (Post 1816361)
That brilliant value for money.This undercuts the recently launched Passat Tsi.

Oops undercutting a car from the same family!:D
Anyways this is 'Superb' value for money!

The superb has more features than the passat and more room as well. Earlier it made a mockery of the passat which was quite a few lacs more, but now the price difference is much lesser. I see a lot of people going for the passat now. VW has a better brand image than Skoda (atleast on team-bhp).

One thing is for sure. The accord's days are over.

Thats nice a Superb car at a superb price, But i have a question for the thread starter from where did you got price of Rs18,28,563 Ex showroom Delhi because Skoda India website has a different price for this Model 19,81,137.

is this diesel or petro; ??????

ohh its petrol got it now ! Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI MT Launched - Specifications, Features, Review And Price In India

Good idea by Skoda there. I think they were waiting for VW to play their move and then they played this. Great price, though this will lower the sales for Laura L&K I guess.

For some reason VW and Skoda seem to be slugging it out in India. The price now seems more justified and decent choice between the 2.4 Accord and this.

Hey, any news on the Laura? I had heard that the Laura 1.8 TSI would get an A/T box in April and the Laura diesel the 2.0 litre CRDi engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivar1951 (Post 1816725)
Hey, any news on the Laura? I had heard that the Laura 1.8 TSI would get an A/T box in April and the Laura diesel the 2.0 litre CRDi engine.

Yup, You are correct..!

+ 1 Superb will also have the CRDI Engine ( but with more power) :)

All Skoda and VW have decided to move towards the CRDI engines. Correct me if I am wrong when t comes to VW, not too sure here

Quote:

Originally Posted by holysmoke (Post 1816411)
One thing is for sure. The accord's days are over.

Not so soon. Not until Skoda takes their A.S.S. seriously to match the stellar reliability Accord offers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by razrman (Post 1816989)
Not so soon. Not until Skoda takes their A.S.S. seriously to match the stellar reliability Accord offers.

I agree, but the MT Superb and Passat will do either one or two things:

1) Expand this segment again like the DSG Superb did (Highly Unlikely, but possible).
2) Eat into Accord sales big time.

The Honda may have better reliability, but when compared with the Passat and Superb, it is found wanting in many areas.