Team-BHP - Higher range nano (Rs. 3 Lakh) from Tata
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Higher range nano (Rs. 3 Lakh) from Tata (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/79560-higher-range-nano-rs-3-lakh-tata.html)

From Vicky.in
Tata moves to higher range Nano- Rs 3 lakh | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos
Quote:

Resisting the success rate of the world’s cheapest car Nano, Tata Motors is stepping next to the Rs3lakh bigger version of Nano. The car is targeted at the customers who can throw Rs3lakhs and the car is code named as Dolphin. It will lie between Nano and Indica Vista, powered by 800cc – 1.0 lit engine. Falling below Fiat’s new small car it may hit the roads by next two years. If it happens, then Tata will fill in the void created by it in the compact car segment. This segment constitutes 50% of the net share and Tata’s entry might not be too late, say experts.

Tata may achieve its desire in this segment with its winning capacities in terms of price and brand equity. Much depends on the response from the rural sector, for increasing the sale in the car industry. The expectations of the rural customers are – durable, long lasting and low cost cars- which Maruti and Tata alone are capable of fulfilling. In the event of this car getting shape, then it would be an exit gift for Ratan Tata. As there would be no hitches on the lines of Indica and Nano, the timing is the crucial issue, which would be the litmus test for Tata.
Is this Nano Europa?

well all of a sudden a poor man's dream car is slowly going out of his reach.
There is always a very good chance of Tata Increasing the Base variants price tag after this launch.

The Base version already costs 1.57 lacs on road in Bangalore . My Guess is within 3 years it will touch 2.1 lacs on road .

*groan* Why on earth would they codename it Dolphin when there is so much controversy over burning Nanos. The original Dolphins had a history of burning up as well. Maybe someone in Tata Motors has a sense of irony. :D

I reckon that this could be the European Nano for India!

Quote:

It will lie between Nano and Indica Vista, powered by 800cc – 1.0 lit engine
This indicates that the new car might replace the original Indica. Let's see if this is only the speculation.

Tata should have made the vista a slightly larger car (almost 4 m long, instead of the 3.7 m that it is now). And this dolphin could have been the next generation Indica.

I dont think this is the Nano europa because it seems from the article they are aiming for a "bigger" car,so i guess longer wheelbase,new platform and design.

Tata developing all-new Rs 3 lakh compact car - NDTV Profit

This is the original news article. Well, this is not Nano europa for sure. Ratan Tata has mentioned in the past that Nano Europa will be launched in india too. But with the modifications it's going to cost close to 3 lakh I guess. Indica vista starts at 3.5 lakhs. This vehicle may cannabalize sales of either Nano or Indica. It would be interesting to see how Tata positions this vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbender (Post 1838402)
Tata developing all-new Rs 3 lakh compact car - NDTV Profit

This is the original news article. Well, this is not Nano europa for sure. Ratan Tata has mentioned in the past that Nano Europa will be launched in india too. But with the modifications it's going to cost close to 3 lakh I guess. Indica vista starts at 3.5 lakhs. This vehicle may cannabalize sales of either Nano or Indica. It would be interesting to see how Tata positions this vehicle.

Like ottocycle said, this may replace the current Indica to fit between the Vista and the Nano

They should launch an automatic nano. I'm sure there is a market for small automatics in India, something below the i10. It will definitely sell in the cities especially for lady drivers. Only hyundai seems to be interested in automatics in India. Come on Tata.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiat_tarun (Post 1838480)
They should launch an automatic nano. I'm sure there is a market for small automatics in India, something below the i10. It will definitely sell in the cities especially for lady drivers. Only hyundai seems to be interested in automatics in India. Come on Tata.

+1 to that. I support a automatic Nano.

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbender (Post 1838516)
+1 to that. I support a automatic Nano.

Tata was supposed to be developing a CVT transmission for the Nano.what happened to that?

Quote:

They should launch an automatic nano
+1 from me too. It will be very good for women driver to go around city for their household shopping’s without much hassle![FONT=Consolas][/FONT]

Quote:

My Guess is within 3 years it will touch 2.1 lacs on road .
my exact thoughts. Soon the 1L car will be 2L car!

The nano platform is such that it can be used for cars right from 1L to 3L so it is perfectly fine for them have higher priced variants with more features.

Those who are complaining about the Rs. 1.5L+ pricing in Bang need to note that the remaining amount above 1L is going to the government so we can't blame TATA for it.

The immediate reason behind the Dolphin is probably the Thai eco car project in which Tata is interested. Thailand imposes high duties and taxes on cars (that's why pick ups are popular there) but will impose 50% lower taxes on the small eco cars provided they are made locally. Of course, if Tata makes such a car, it'll sell in India and elsewhere too.

Here's more about Tata's interest in the project. See the pic too:

http://***************.com/2009/06/t...co-car-project

Dolphin is not the Nano Europa and mods may like to change the thread title.