Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2005, 11:51   #1

multiple tone paint jobs for cars

Hi guys,

Yesterday i happened to see a maruti swift with a mint green body and a velvet black roof. It really transformed the car into a striking prowler on the road. I really liked the look. Now i have to admit i did not like the swift much to begin with. I have seen the old pajero and it does not look all that good with a combination of red and silver paint.

But the maruti swift finish looked great and i was wondering about a couple of things:
1. has anyone seen maruti releasing the swift with two different paint coats
2. why in the world do manufacturers not adopt multiple colours for most cars. Is it just the manufacturing overhead or do consumers really hate multiple colours on a single car?
3. what do you guys think? would you go in for multiple matching paint jobs on different parts of your car?
Old 11th October 2005, 13:06   #2
BHPian

i thing what you saw was a custom paint job i've seen mainly santros in multi colored tone white + maroon/dark green (custom ofcourse). guess the multi paint job increases the cost of production thats why the manufacturers do not follow it moreover it dosent looks good on all the cars i feel multi paint job is design specific and the application matters a lot

Last edited by streetlife : 11th October 2005 at 13:10.
Old 12th October 2005, 02:10   #3

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well there are thousands of customers and each one of them will have different colour preferences...so thecompany cannot possibly screw up their sales by offending paint jobs.so they keep it simple.anyone interested can get it done from outside
Old 12th October 2005, 14:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

If this comes into the market, we need to earmark a place atleast three feet ht on the rear to the full length to paint a single color.

In the RC book, we need to mention this color as base color with multi color paint.

For example, if we paint Green color in that area, the RC book will read as Green base with multi color.

They can have a premium price for this multicolor and interested can get it upon request,

Last edited by Surprise : 12th October 2005 at 14:34.
Old 13th October 2005, 02:49   #5
BHPian

hi iDrive,

well, if one has the money, then there are some special Multiple tone colours available in the market! Dupont makes some very special multitone colors, its like the car looks a differnt color from every angle u look at it!!! like its a MAGIC! they range from 3 to i think around 13-15 diffent colors at different angles! i saw their demo vehicle in the Auto Expo some time back, and in Melbounre had seen a couple of them, the cost a bomb! around 3-4 times the cost of normal paintjobs! but, every penny worth it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks