Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2005, 04:54   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Mercedes S-Class DISCOUNT BIG TIME!

Thinking of buying an E-class??strech your budget a lil bit more and u could land up with an S. Since the new S-class is being laucnhed there is Big discounts on teh S was just informed by my dad.... and by Big i reaaaaally mean BIG! ready for the magic number 9 LAKHS!!!
I am keeping my fingers harddd crossed this time

P.S - Mods I had mentioned earlier too we need a thread to discounts like this so that we can click one thread and know the savings on each car. If you guys have already done that pls add this to that thread. Thnx.
Old 12th October 2005, 05:16   #2
BHPian

How much does the S-class work out to in India right now?

Cheers,
-Ajay
Old 12th October 2005, 13:29   #3
bhp
BHPian

something around 70 lakhs on road mumbai
Old 12th October 2005, 16:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

thats great discount

but by stretching budget of E-class to S
in that stretched budget you can buy Honda Accord

Quote:
How much does the S-class work out to in India right now?
On road Mumbai 65.65L (source ACI Sept '05)
Old 12th October 2005, 16:25   #5
BHPian

Good discount..but dude,there still remains quite a few lakhs difference between the E and S price figures..

best,
sr
Old 12th October 2005, 18:14   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
Good discount..but dude,there still remains quite a few lakhs difference between the E and S price figures..

best,
sr
Agreed... but dude there also is a BIG difference between the E and S....most E-class owners hope to upgrade to an S sometime or the other so now is the best time to bridge this gap. The 25 Lakh difference btwn the two cars has come down to 15 Lakhs, which is pretty substancial ... u cant really ask for a better deal than this.
Old 12th October 2005, 19:02   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Sweet.
Adya, the price mentioned in ACI is ex showroom.
But bro, a 15L margin is still massive. That is almost 1/3rd the price of the E 240.
And also, considering the S Class's horrible resale, if you stretch so much mkight as well put in just a bit more 3L and get an Audi A8. You will make up in other areas such as resale price wise and technology, safety, looks, exclusivity otherwise.
Old 12th October 2005, 19:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Adya, the price mentioned in ACI is ex showroom.
nope it is on road
the names with two stars have the price of Ex-Showroom
Old 13th October 2005, 02:39   #9
BHPian

Sahil, what u say is rite for a very little number of ppl!

People buying the E-Class, are mostly already on a tighter budget, who have stretched from the C-class to the E-class as the dif. between the C and E aint that much, but even after the 9 lk discount, it would cost around 55-60 lk onroad, its still around 20-25lk difference in the price! for that price, one would rather go buy an E and a C class!

unless someone is going for an additional E class while already owning the current model, where he aint that worried about budgets, for him its a good buy, as he wont mind paying the extra!
Old 13th October 2005, 05:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

Numbers are big but percentage wise its not a big deal. Besides S ownership is all about having the latest and the greatest and therfore they wont find too many takers for a seven year old bodystyle.
Old 13th October 2005, 07:32   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
Sahil, what u say is rite for a very little number of ppl!

People buying the E-Class, are mostly already on a tighter budget, who have stretched from the C-class to the E-class as the dif. between the C and E aint that much, but even after the 9 lk discount, it would cost around 55-60 lk onroad, its still around 20-25lk difference in the price! for that price, one would rather go buy an E and a C class!

unless someone is going for an additional E class while already owning the current model, where he aint that worried about budgets, for him its a good buy, as he wont mind paying the extra!
coz i am in the same situation now... My dad was plannin to get the E 270 but this 9 lakh discount on the S is really tempting him now... and tempting me all the more.......its almost like now or never kind of a thing....maybe i am being unrealistic but i am gonna keep my fingers crossed and the persuation on.... but i doubt its gonna work this time I wouldnt mind him selling my accord too if he would get an S for himself... its sort of the ulitmate machine for most of r old guys... they all have a soft corner for it somewhr once they r in the mercedes family all they wanna do is aim to move up to the ultimate S

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks