Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2005, 22:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Getting married or buying a car, they are all the same
Luckily for me, both my marraiges (Matiz & Palio S10) were super successful. Specially the second marraige. I had a perfect "partner". Great looks, Lovely complexion (Canary yellow color ), took good care of me, supported me totally no matter what weather conditions and contrary to popular belif that says beautiful "partners" are high maintainence mine wasnt!
On a serious note, I think one of the most ways we decide on a car has a lot to do with our personalities. I,pesonally, take decisions with my heart. Not only in cars but in most of the respects. That explains why i bought a Palio as recenlty as in October 2003, when Fiat's Palio bubble had burst long time back.
Old 17th October 2005, 01:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer
In the past whenever its possible, I have requested the dealer for a long test drive of about 150 Kms. on various types of tracks and road conditions that I have used frequently.
150 km? Amazing! I had heard of long test drives, but this will be king of all. It is as good as asking the dealer to loan the car for a few days fo evaluation. Great way to test cars, but may be impractical with most dealers, I suppose.
Old 17th October 2005, 01:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer

In the past whenever its possible, I have requested the dealer for a long test drive of about 150 Kms. on various types of tracks and road conditions that I have used frequently.

Not many dealers like the idea, but when they see that you are serious about their cars they do co-operate. On several occassions I have offered to even pay them the test drive charges on Km basis,or at times offered to fill the fuel for such test drives. In fact I feel that all manufacturers should insist that their dealers offer such facilities on nominal payment.

150 km ??? Thats unbelievable ... atleast in Delhi for sure.
Guys ... if 150 or even 100 is all that easy , do let me know. Maybe I am being to polite to the showroom guys.

But yes ... if there is facility to take the car for 150 or even 100 Km on my own expense ...it would be great.
And by my expense I mean just the fuel cost ...
Old 17th October 2005, 02:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

No marraige is different and more dnagerous. U cant change your wife again.LOL.

but I definitely bought a lancer because I liked it. I had the option of a octavia 2.0(1.8 was not out) wonder why I didnt buy a skoda.

now that is one helluva eg of buying from the heart.
Old 12th November 2005, 22:54   #20
BHPian

How many of you have kissed or patted your car after a long journey. This January, I did about 4,500 kms. in about 10 days. Beleive it or not, no coolant top-up, no oil top-up and no Tyre pressure checked either. I criss-crossed 5 states and I all did was fill up fuel and nothing else. I won't tell you which car it was because thats not what matters but its about your emotions ?
Old 13th November 2005, 03:31   #21
BHPian

Sticking to the cars , i feel in todays world choosing the right car has to be a blend of both ,Heart and Mind .
In my case , what i do first is to see how good my heart feels when
i test drive the car (whether it really goes Hmmm...) and when my heart gives me the green signal ,thats where the mind comes into play and all the calculations starts ....

At the end of the day it has to be a blend of both to keep us happy throught (unlike marriage .lol) and i am sure thats what we all do ....
Old 11th September 2008, 14:55   #22

The emotional aspect of buying a car

This is my first post, so please excuse me if you have heard this before, of if it sounds too much out of whack. I would love any feedback you may have.

I am putting up a link to my blog as the write-up, in two parts, is quite long.

Buying a car blues

This is the more intangible part of the buying process – the overall experience, the gut-feel, the hearsay – in short, everything that is not admissible as evidence in court, but IMHO, counts more. All through the buying process, I wanted to rave and rant in turns. This is it.

I don’t think my wife and I are any different from others. Buying a car is as much an emotional process as it is a rational one for most families/couples, and manufacturers/dealers may just be able to close that elusive sale if they paid more attention to this aspect (I may be wrong, but I doubt it).

Hope this is useful!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks