Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 14:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Import Tariff on CBU/CKDs to be reduced??

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Abolutely. Make ABS+2 front airbags must on all vehicles. car makers in US start basic versions without A/C, stereo, manual roll windows, and manual adjustable ORVMs, but even the base version has ABS+Airbags+TMPS. All due to governmnet norms, open economy and fair competition.
+100, I could not agree more
I am looking for a car with ABS + airbags but I have to buy all the bells and whistles too. I will end up paying more for things which I dont really need, like wipers with rain sensors for example.
I would also like to add that children/ babies should be counted as separate passengers and child car seat + seatbelt + number of passengers rules should be strictly enforced for all passengers
I know that I asking for the moon. But, if it is not done now, it will never be done.
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:42   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
I think it is now time to open the floodgates and bring in the best to compete on fair turf. It need not be done radically, it can be done in a phased manner (gradual duty cuts) but it needs to be done.

What say?
Whatever sad excuse passes for 'roads' in our country, they are already flooded! Let the crooks passing as 'politicians' remedy that situation first. Till then, I don't mind the higher prices.

Spur - You already have your bimmer. Imagine what will happen to the resale if a 7 is sold for ~50lacs!
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

This is incredible news and i really hope it finally happens. We keep hearing of this year after year but nothing ever happens. The article only speaks about the plus 50 L cars. What will the effect be on a BMW 3 Seriers or a C Class ? Is it possible that we can get one for the price of an Accord ??
Old 23rd February 2011, 01:24   #34

Just heard the same news. My brother in Delhi was at the Mercedes showroom yesterday looking on putting down money on a GL when this person he knows told him that this was about 99% sure following the budget.

Fingers crossed.
Old 23rd February 2011, 21:07   #35
BHPian

Lets hope some gud news comes out of the budget.....But is it only me who thinks that we are hoping for the impossible?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks