Team-BHP - April 2010 sales
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   April 2010 sales (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/80691-april-2010-sales.html)

Does anyone have any news about sales figures in April. I found some infomation from NDTV. Please contribute if you have any more info. Thanks.

In April, the country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India reported a jump of 29.70 per cent in total sales at 93,058 units over the same month last year.

Maruti Suzuki had sold 71,748 units during the same month last year.

Rival Hyundai Motor's total sales for April 2010 jumped 17.24 per cent at 52,020 units against 44,370 units in the year-ago period.

Homegrown auto major Tata Motors reported a 52.47 per cent increase in total sales last month at 57,202 units, compared to 37,518 units in the same month in 2009.

Another leading carmaker General Motors India saw its sales climbing over two-fold to 10,601 units in April this year compared to 4,823 units in the same month last year.

Carmaker Ford India also reported an over three-fold jump in April sales at 7,509 units on the back of a good response to its new small car Figo. It had sold 2,034 vehicle units in April, 2009.

Premium carmaker Toyota Kirloskar Motor's sales rose by 77.23 per cent at 6,001 units against 3,386 units in the corresponding month last year.

Source: [COLOR=#0066cc]http://beta.profit.ndtv.com/news/show/auto-sales-continue-to-cruise-ahead-in-april-37668?cp[/COLOR]

Fiat India's sold 1800 cars in domestic market, don't know about export market.

FIAT Numbers are dwindling down by the day. They need to get the punto out with the VGT version of the MJD as standard and improve the finish with the plastics.

More importantly, advertise the car. Its just not enough to give a couple ads in news papers and an ad on the news channels. Flog every ad space with the Punto and Linea ads.

FIAT are you listening!

Ford has sold only 7.5k? surprising - given that they have sold 10k cars in March on the back of Figo launch, and it was not even a full month. So did Figo numbers come down in only the second month after launch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 1866156)
FIAT Numbers are dwindling down by the day. They need to get the punto out with the VGT version of the MJD as standard and improve the finish with the plastics.

More importantly, advertise the car. Its just not enough to give a couple ads in news papers and an ad on the news channels. Flog every ad space with the Punto and Linea ads.

FIAT are you listening!

More importantly need to advertise on the A.S.S. image of FIAT. The main reasons people walk out on FIAT is due to this perception.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 1866156)

FIAT are you listening!

FIAT is listening. Recently, FIAT was the sponsor in the Miss India event. All Miss India participants were being transferred in Lineas and were made to speak some memorized lines about the amazing ride quality and luxurious interiors.
The winner took home a Linea too. Wonder how she'll manage between her falling dresses and Linea's falling plastics. lol:

TATA MOTORS

Source: Tata Motors - Media Centre

Tata Motors April sales at 57,202 nos.
  • Tata Motors’ total sales (including exports) of Tata commercial and passenger vehicles in April 2010 were 57,202 vehicles, a growth of 52% over 37,518 vehicles sold in April 2009.
  • The company’s domestic sales of Tata commercial and passenger vehicles for April 2010 were 54,065 nos., a 49% growth over 36,257 nos. sold in April last year.
Commercial Vehicles
  • The company’s sales of commercial vehicles in April 2010 in the domestic market were 30,963 nos., a 36% growth compared to 22,847 vehicles sold in April last year.
  • LCV sales were 17,806 nos., a growth of 20% over April last year.
  • M&HCV sales stood at 13,157 nos., a growth of 63% over April last year.
Passenger Vehicles
  • The passenger vehicles business reported a total sale and distribution offtake of 24,902 nos. (23,102 Tata + 1,800 Fiat) in the domestic market in April 2010, a 70% increase compared to 14,615 nos. (13,410 Tata + 1,205 Fiat) in April last year.
  • Sales of the Tata Nano were 3,525 nos. (seems like nano sales have crashed a bit as compared to last month)
  • The Indica range sales were 9,036 nos., a growth of 5% over April last year.
  • The Indigo range recorded sales of 7,201 nos., a growth of 180% over April last year.
  • The Sumo/Safari range accounted for sales of 3,340 nos., higher by 51% over April last year.
Jaguar Land Rover sales continued their upward trend since launch in June 2009.

Exports
  • The company's sales from exports at 3,137 vehicles in April 2010 registered a growth of 149% compared to 1,261 vehicles in April last year.

As someone hoping to buy the Punto (waiting to see if the Punto Sports version will be within my budget), the Fiat numbers are starting to worry me a little bit. It looks like this is the second straight month where Punto sales are below 1000. I'm wondering whether I should look at other options as well.

FIAT needs to improve *** and Quality to improve the sales. Earlier *** was the only issue with Fiat now it comes on Quality too.

I am interested to see how the Jazz is doing. I guess the new select model did not do much to improve the sales.

Are we going to have the xl version of the sales figures, which we are typically use to?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuboid (Post 1866239)
Ford has sold only 7.5k? surprising - given that they have sold 10k cars in March on the back of Figo launch, and it was not even a full month. So did Figo numbers come down in only the second month after launch?

Ford has a production constraint at the moment. They probably sold 4-5K Figos. They can continue to sell only that many a month until they start the second shift in June. Certain variants and colors have a one month waiting list I think. Bookings for the Figo has crossed 15K.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/5879759.cms

Quote:

Figo already has over 15,000 bookings in the last seven weeks. The company now plans to start the second shift of production at its Chennai facility from June to meet the demand of the hatchback, Ford India said in a statement.

Guys Excel sheet will follow soon, but until then

Jetta = 385
Passat = 110
Beetle = 92
Polo = 904
Touraeg = 3

Innova = 4134
Corolla = 851
Fortuner = 922
Prado = 37
Camry = 32
Prius = 21
Land Cruiser = 5

Only 904 Polos? The way the dealerships are talking and informing about the waiting period it would seem that they are selling in thousands. I would say Ford has done a fabulous job with the Figo sales. I am seeing lots of Figos on road and hardly any Polos. Looks like no matter what the auto mags or car review web sites say about how good some cars are, we Indians still put a lot of emphasis on ownership costs.

Does the '904' indicate the number of Polos delivered in April? Because there have been over 5000 bookings since launch.

Read in Autocar this month that the VW Polo goes through stringent quality checks and hence the delay in deliveries.