Team-BHP - Better legroom - Getz or Swift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Better legroom - Getz or Swift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8082-better-legroom-getz-swift.html)

Though the specifications of Getz quote higher length in comparison with Swift, I believe that extra space was consumed by the Rear Boot and front dash board. I feel that leg room space is cramped in Getz when you compare it with Swift.

I had an opportunity of testing Swift and Getz placing next to each other with three other guys with me.

Getz was known for its better leg room availability & all the Hyundai sales man will mention this without fail.

But seems to the other way around

hmm the swift is definitely a bigger car in the inside...but the boot space is really cramped...as for the rear legroom i thin the getz beats it to the mark marginally....compare the spec on the auticarindia website....cause they did the drive some month back!

i dont think swift is that spacious inside.. it has shorter wheelbase but yes it is wide.
talking about rear legroom the gets scores over there it has more legroom than swift.. also the rear gates are not long enough in the swift do you guys feel it too...

Rear Leg Room Min / Max ( indica getz swift)
640mm / 750mm 680mm / 895mm 585mm / 820mm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
Rear Leg Room Min / Max ( indica getz swift)
640mm / 750mm 680mm / 895mm 585mm / 820mm

Iam not able to understand.

Streetlife: I too was under that impression before testing it placed next to each other.

If anyone has got that chance, pls verify & post it

leg room in the getz is marginnaly better than the swift. but the swift seats will make the back seat ride much better, inspite of the small difference in the leg space.

guys, the spec sheet says it all...Getz has more rear legroom.

I have driven both swift & Getz in the city,on the highway,with 4 people on board ( two of them 6 footers ),trust me Swift can no way match Getz's comfort.Added to this is the rear seat recline which really helps.Read the auto magazines,they all tell you that Getz is roomier than most mid sizers.....it is true.

No comparision........the Getz wins hannnndss down! For all the guys who said Swift is better... why dont u sit in the backseat of the swift and then jump to the back seat of the getz ...its another world out there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise
Iam not able to understand.

Streetlife: I too was under that impression before testing it placed next to each other.

If anyone has got that chance, pls verify & post it

i got that frm Tata's site! well, tatas new indica v2 turbo link to b precise

ON the whole. It depends on what you find comfortable and more spacious. Swift is more upright and Getz is streched kinda. seat yourself and see. I dont think some mm's make a big difference until you are above 6 feet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil
No comparision........the Getz wins hannnndss down! For all the guys who said Swift is better... why dont u sit in the backseat of the swift and then jump to the back seat of the getz ...its another world out there!

Which car do you own??? A different world with 60 mm more is exhagerated. Firstly I acknowledge that Getz has more leg room in the rear, but mainly due to the fact that Swifts front seat go more back than Getz. Thats why in the spec, although the minimum being so less for Swift, the max is greater than Indica and comparable to Getz.
However where the Swift scores over Getz is that the front seats being higher give u a Fusion feel, whereas Getz almost feels like an Esteem with low seating. I like the big car feel given when seated in front in Swift as compared to Getz!

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
ON the whole. It depends on what you find comfortable and more spacious. Swift is more upright and Getz is streched kinda. seat yourself and see. I dont think some mm's make a big difference until you are above 6 feet.

so there u go....poor mans getz wins hands down.....hmmmm or is it....!!!!!!being more expensive i mean,,,,,,!!!!

The Getz - i have sat in both the cars and the Getz has more legroom for sure - my only gripe is the seats slope a bit forward ! anyone noticed that ?

Getz definately. Swift for me was cramped behind, me being a little tall!

Measurements in cms or inches dont make a difference. Sit in both cars and decide for yourself - I think you will find that the Getz is more comfortable, much more than the theoretical difference of a few cms.