Team-BHP - Is the 1.6 Palio Stile Sport now available?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Is the 1.6 Palio Stile Sport now available? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/80856-1-6-palio-stile-sport-now-available.html)

About 4 months back, Fiat had stopped production of the 1.6 Palio. We also had a thread on the same: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-any-more.html

But now the Fiat website displays the 1.6 Sport which was earlier missing.
Fiat India

Has Fiat launched a BS4 version of the 1.6 Palio?

as far as I remember,fiat in a statement said that the 1.6 palio stile would continue to be sold,it would be made to order to cater to the enthusiast

sukrit7 you have made my day buddy!!
Your post was THE BEST ONE on Tbhp for ME!! I was so dissappointed to know that 1.6s was obselete but now I will do anything to try and get one Home!! :)

May not be available. Doubt they upgraded its engine to BS-4 compliance.

It IS still available.

no problem!
glad I made someones day.
do confirm please even though I remember reading so distinctly.
just noticed,pedal2metal has confirmed.
congratulations,i hope you buy it soon and bring her home

It is NOT available in the BS-4 cities.

Fiat Palio will not be sold in 13 major cities from April

Not available in BS4 cities. In Bangalore, Concorde might have one or two 2009 models of the Palio 1.6 still left unsold. Apart from that, your other bet would be to buy in BS3 cities, where the Palio 1.6 still can be ordered.

Cheers,

Jay

There were few with Balaji Motors in Thane. A friend of mine was checking for FIAT cars there and the SA told about a 1.6 Palio in stock. You might wanna check with them if you are seriously looking for one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayPrashanth (Post 1870892)
Not available in BS4 cities. In Bangalore, Concorde might have one or two 2009 models of the Palio 1.6 still left unsold. Apart from that, your other bet would be to buy in BS3 cities, where the Palio 1.6 still can be ordered.

Cheers,

Jay

:OT

If we buy the car in non BS-III city (say Managlore,Mysore) can we register the car in the city where BS-IV norm city like Bangalore? I think it is not possible but just want to confirm since one of my friends was looking to Buy a M-800

No, a BS3 vehicle cannot be registered in a BS4 city. You can register it in a BS3 city though (provided you have the required documents like local address proof, etc) and drive it anywhere else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by recshenoy (Post 1871088)
:OT

If we buy the car in non BS-III city (say Managlore,Mysore) can we register the car in the city where BS-IV norm city like Bangalore? I think it is not possible but just want to confirm since one of my friends was looking to Buy a M-800

No you can't, even 2nd hand car from BS-iii cities with BS-iii cars can't be registered in BS-iV cities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksons (Post 1871132)
No you can't, even 2nd hand car from BS-iii cities with BS-iii cars can't be registered in BS-iV cities.

Guys, I might be wrong or the info I recieved might be incorrect, but last evening spoke to a rep from Fiat who confirmed that he could get a 1.6S for me !! :D

I as well confirmed with him twice regarding the registration and he told me that they had registered about 5 Tata Sumo's with BSIII in the past couple days.:eek:

He says that the vehicles that were manufactured with BSIII norms can be registered until they are all sold.

My suggestion, get a barely used (1 yr old) Palio 1.6 if possible. Turn the low resale value to your advantage :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajushank84 (Post 1872032)
My suggestion, get a barely used (1 yr old) Palio 1.6 if possible. Turn the low resale value to your advantage :)

I agree it does not make sense to go for a new one at this point in time.
get hold of a used on in decent shape and a great price and enjoy.