Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 16:54   #1
BHPian

Tata Motors’ Rajiv Dube resigns

From the official press release.

Quote:
Statement from Tata Motors

Mr. Rajiv Dube, President of the Passenger Car Business Unit, has communicated his decision to resign from the company to pursue other interests outside the Tata Group. His request has been accepted.

With immediate effect, Mr. S. Krishnan, Senior Vice President (Commercial), responsible for sales, marketing and customer support functions of the business, will also take charge of the Premier Car Division in addition to his current responsibilities. Similarly, Mr. Girish Wagh, Head – Small Car Project, will take on the additional responsibility of the passenger car business’ manufacturing operations and product development activities. Both of them will directly report to Mr. P.M. Telang, Managing Director – India Operations of Tata Motors.

Mr. Dube has played an instrumental role in the growth of the company’s passenger car business, since the formation of the division in 1998. Tata Motors acknowledges his contribution to the company, and wishes him all success in his future career.

Mr. Dube, who joined the Tata Group in 1983, began his career in the manufacturing operations of Tata Motors at Jamshedpur. He joined the Tata Administrative Services in 1990 and was assigned to Tata Industries in 1991. He was reassigned to Tata Motors in 1998, when the passenger car division was formed.
Source

Last edited by aman9393 : 17th May 2010 at 16:55.
Old 17th May 2010, 18:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

It may not be directly related.. but I hope this somehow translates in better QC from Tata. Its time all the old hogs with thick glasses who could not see the poor quality of QC resign.
Old 17th May 2010, 20:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
It may not be directly related.. but I hope this somehow translates in better QC from Tata. Its time all the old hogs with thick glasses who could not see the poor quality of QC resign.
i know him personally. hes not one of those old hogs believe me.

wow this is quite a surprise but.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 17th May 2010 at 20:03.
Old 17th May 2010, 20:32   #4
BHPian

Is it related to the recent change in the Senior Management at Tata Motors? Referring to Mr. Carl-Pter Forester being the MD & Group CEO..

-just my thoughts
Old 17th May 2010, 21:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think this is a sad development. I admired Rajiv Dube and the way he had been able to guide Tata Motors into becoming a passenger car manufacturer.
Old 17th May 2010, 22:01   #6
BANNED

Sad and surprised to see this and hear about Rajiv Dube's departure, he was the silent face behind every car from Tata Motors from the Indica onwards, and also involved with the earlier Estate/Sierra/Safari wagons. I do wonder where and what he's going to do next. Good man and straight with his responses to questions.
Old 17th May 2010, 22:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Actually he was one of the youngest in their senior management team. Must have been snapped up by Nissan, VW etc.
Old 18th May 2010, 10:20   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rajeev Dube resigns from Tata Motors

After nearly 3 decades of service, and having been an integral part of Tata's foray into passenger cars (Indica, Indigo, Nano, Manza), Rajeev Dube resigns from Tata Motors. I am pretty surprised at this development that is undoubtedly a loss to Tata Motors.

If this news report is to be believed, Dube is considering a move to Mahindra!
Old 18th May 2010, 10:20   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
"old hog"??
Dude, you must be confusing him with some one from PAL or HM. Dubey is one on the most dynamic leaders in the indian auto industry. his resignation definately has to do something with new expats taking over TM.
Old 18th May 2010, 10:31   #10
BANNED

This churn of experience and talent is good for the industry. How long can one person be satisfied in single company if he has an aptitude for new challenges?
Old 18th May 2010, 11:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_head View Post
"old hog"??
Dude, you must be confusing him with some one from PAL or HM. Dubey is one on the most dynamic leaders in the indian auto industry. his resignation definately has to do something with new expats taking over TM.
I dont think it is expats, but he was forced to report to Telang. When Carl Peter Fostner took over as MD and Group Head, they should have seperated Passenger Cars and Commerical Vehicle groups and reported to the MD. But that did not happen, i think it was a mistake by Tata Motors. Ever increasing popularity of Mr. Girish Wagh, also could be a reason. Another reason, In Tata Motors, the top job will be always from the CV group, So there is no scope for Rajiv to grow up in TM. Where as he could be the MD of any of the new multinationals entering india.
Eventually, another expat will head TMs passenger cars division and report directly to MD. Hope this will help the quality front.
Old 18th May 2010, 14:16   #12
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Corporate Politics sigh???

Todays TOI seems to quote him / indicate that he would NOT move into another car manufacturing company.
Old 18th May 2010, 14:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

If he is joining M&M, all I can say is, car makers watchout! M&M is going to be a major car maker soon. From SUV/MUV arena, Sedans and hatches.

Might see some engineering in Logan too.
Old 18th May 2010, 15:44   #14
BHPian

^^^
exactly my thought. But Management from tata wont resign unless there is a serious trouble going around.
we will see a drastic change in tata stable quite soon.
Old 18th May 2010, 15:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavegur View Post
^^^
exactly my thought. But Management from tata wont resign unless there is a serious trouble going around.
we will see a drastic change in tata stable quite soon.
Not necessarily. Remember Mr. B V R Subbu from Hyundai? I wish he is hired back by Hyundai or some other car company

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks