Old 21st May 2010, 11:01   #1
BHPian

Skoda Yeti preview on May 22, Delhi

Came across this one:

Enjoy Delhi'ites Tweetvite :: YETIval - The Skoda Yeti Festival
Old 27th May 2010, 10:42   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Seems like the previews have begun, and will extend to other cities as well.

Skoda Yeti preview on May 22, Delhi-yeti-tweet-up.jpg

Excerpts from the press release:

Quote:
Online meets offline at the first of its kind “Skoda tweet up” celebrating the preview of Skoda YETI

~ Skoda’s active online enthusiasts come together to explore the eagerly awaited SUV Yeti ~

Delhi, 22nd May, 2010 –SkodaAuto India, a fully owned subsidiary of SkodaAuto a.s., Czech Republic (Volkswagen Group), today hosted a first ever Skoda Tweet up session - which saw online Bloggers, car enthusiasts, active tweeters and social networkers come together in an unusual online meets offline gathering to discuss the Skoda Yeti.

Yetival - the first ever tweet up session for automobile enthusiasts in the city provided an excellent opportunity for bloggers from various walks of life to meet each other offline. Skoda enthusiasts had more reason to smile as they explored SkodaAuto’s upcoming SUV Yeti displayed here at Arshia Motors, Connaught Circus. Ms. Megha Verma, Head of New Media, SkodaAuto India said “I am thrilled by the overwhelming response to the first Yetival; it reflects the nation’s growing excitement for our upcoming SUV Skoda Yeti. It gives me immense pleasure to bring our online friends together at this offline meet for a sneak preview of the Yeti.”

At this informal meet-up Skoda enthusiast and automobile aficionados got a first hand touch and feel of the soon to be launched Skoda Yeti. The event provided a great opportunity for all online car-enthusiasts to come together and discuss their favorite SUV Skoda Yeti.

The Skoda Yeti would be touring across India where Skoda enthusiasts can get a first hand touch and feel of their favourite SUV. The Skoda Yeti has been an extremely popular SUV in the international automobile market, especially in Europe.
Old 27th May 2010, 10:50   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Seems like the previews have begun, and will extend to other cities as well.
Looks quite good in white.
Did anyone attend this at the end of the day? How is it we are seeing no reports on this preview?
Old 27th May 2010, 11:13   #4
BHPian

They are saying Yeti is famous specially in Europe, but I did not see a single Yeti in Germany's road.
Old 27th May 2010, 11:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
They are saying Yeti is famous specially in Europe, but I did not see a single Yeti in Germany's road.
Even I am surprised to see that claim. Yeti is a new vehicle which has'nt been around for long enough to become popular.
Old 27th May 2010, 12:01   #6
BANNED

doesn't look appealing at all. IMHO, Its nowhere in league of any SUV being sold in India.
Old 27th May 2010, 12:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Reminds me of Ford Fusion's category & would've been better without those roof railing; oOtherwise, looks are OK to me. But again the terror of getting it serviced at Skoda A.S.S is a nightmare.
Old 27th May 2010, 12:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

They are very much active over Facebook, where-in they actively post current location of Sokda Yeti.

Latest update !!

Quote:
Skoda Yeti, a superb car for off roading is all ready to prove itself! Auto Bild India, the country's only fortnightly automobile magazine is embarking on an epic 22,000km test on the car. ''The Yeti trail' starts from the Czech Republic and will pass through 25 countries across Europe and then back to the factory. Joi...n them in this interseting trail. See our updates to know thier loctaion, experiences and lots more!
Old 27th May 2010, 13:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't look appealing.

The rear quarter sucks.

@ thrope

Agree there. Sad looks its got.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:52   #10
BHPian

I feel it looks good for its class. It is not a full on SUV like the Fortuner or Endeavour. it is an interesting alternative to a car with some good off-road talent.

The only thing that would prevent me from buying one is Skoda's Aftersales.
Old 27th May 2010, 16:15   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

The Yeti is already on the Display in some Skoda dealerships in NCR, BHPians from Gurgaon can check out the car at the new Skoda dealership at MG Road Gurgaon.
Old 17th November 2010, 16:31   #12
Senior - BHPian

Seems to be way too over priced at an ex-showroom Delhi price of Rs 15.4 lakh for the Ambiente variant, and Rs 16.62 lakh for the fully loaded Elegance variant.
Old 17th November 2010, 17:26   #13
Team-BHP Support

Please continue the discussion on this thread. Thanks

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...-pictures.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks