Team-BHP - Scoop! 2013 Fiat Grande Punto design sketch
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop! 2013 Fiat Grande Punto design sketch (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/83037-scoop-2013-fiat-grande-punto-design-sketch.html)

What you can see here is one of the design studies of the 2013 Punto, which are undergoing at the FIAT Style Centre in Italy. As you can see the concept drawing stays true to the Italian design language and more importantly, the Punto form, while at the same time reflecting a fresher stance. The car is expected to be built around an all-new chassis with probable inputs from Chevrolet and/or Chrysler for obvious reasons. While the car in drawings sports a 3-door design, it goes without saying that a 5-door version will be developed for the BRIC markets as well.
As per sources, the new Punto will be powered by 'Multiair' and 'Multijet2' engines in various capacities, while the top end/sportier variants are expected to get derivatives of the 'SuperFIRE' petrol engine. The engines are also said to benefit from FIAT's Dual Dry-Clutch Transmission (DDCT) technology - which as a combination will help the Punto be one of the most eco-friendly internal combustion engine powered cars. Since the Punto has been dwelling in the global market for over four years now and has already undergone a mid-life facelift (Punto Evo, 2009), a 2012-13 deadline for the all new Punto seems like a perfect road-map for FIAT's savior hatchback.
Source : Motoroids.com - Motoroids.com

Looks Very LANCIAish to me. Prefer the current one

I guess this is just one of the possible designs for the 2013 Punto. But still, nothing like the current Grande Punto!

The headlamps look similar to those on Bravo!

Looks like a 2013 Fiat 500 to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fz_rider (Post 1921815)
The headlamps look similar to those on Bravo!

Perfect feedback.
Also, while we are all speculating, in my opinion this looks very good indeed.

The design looks very good to me, very futurestic. Its understandable that they take help/inputs from Chrysler, as they own a part of it now. But how from Chevrolet??

agree: with fz_rider & Amartya that the latest design upgrade seems to be inspired from Bravo.

But, it won't be coming to India in the same form, IMO. This because the actual length of Punto is over 4m & in order to make it comply with the Indian Small Cars norms, front-end redesigning will be done, as in the case of existing Punto version (:OT, this was the reason GP was delayed by over 2 years in India & Fiat India put hold all their efforts for the Indian arm, despite falling sales of Palio & Petra/Siena).

Looks like a smaller Bravo. The present Punto with its baby Maserati looks much better. The grille looks totally out of place. Mods please move thread to the International Automotive scene.

I dont like this look. Current Grande Punto is the best one. Grille reminds me of indica.

Is it me or does anyone get reminded of the Nissan Micra.
To me it seems very similar to the Micra, both the smiley tooth and the back.
Anyway the concept seems too fluid to comment on, I will reserve my comment till we see it in flesh.

It looks like the bravo and is awesome i just hope fiat gets more space inside which is a problem in the current car.I hope they get it to India on time and not linger with the old model.

This seems like the new small car from FIAT. This was in the news a while ago about the small car from fiat which would be placed between nano and indica. This car is supposed to compete with the likes of i10, spark, etc.

Punto IMO is a very good platform to be messed with. I hope FIAT realizes the grande part of punto in the re-design also when that happens.

Looks great,but I have my reservations about the 500 like 'pencil-line-moustache' up front! Might look better in the flesh though.

Noticias automotivas (a brazilian auto website) have posted a spy picture of 2013 Punto set to launch in Brazil.

Source : Notícias Automotivas - Noticias de Carros - Ainda vai acontecer, e você já leu aqui

The new Punto looks a little overdone but the current model is better looking.