Team-BHP - Hyundai Accent v/s Fiat Petra
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Accent v/s Fiat Petra (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8383-hyundai-accent-v-s-fiat-petra.html)

Ok. The reason i am starting this poll is that both the Accent and Petra belong the same segment, both cater to similar kind of customers. Both are reliable and sturdy..
Pros and cons of both cars:

Fiat Petra:
pros:
1. Tank like build quality
2. 100 bhp of pure driving fun
3. Cheaper than Accent

cons:
1. Poor aftersales (its a Fiat after all)
2. Poor mileage (8-9kmpl)
3. Looks like a Palio with Boot

Hyundai Accent:
pros:
1. Comparatively cheap to maintain
2. Reliable and good after sales.
3. Comparatively better mileage (9-11kmpl)

cons:
1. Not a truely driver's car (even the Tornardo)
2. Build quality not anyway near Fiat
3. Slightly cramped (especialy at the back)
4. Costlier than Fiat(?!)

I would go with the Accent between the two for it seems to me more practical.
Nothing special about it, but does the job well. Add to it better resale value than the Petra and Hyundai does offer its customer complete peace of mind.

But really speaking, there are better options to look at in that price bracket.

mite! the Accent is a far better car any day any nite! :) the fiat petra stands no chance in compared to the Accent! and if u are for petrol, then even the Baleno is a great option.

I would go for the Accent any day...you get better space and looking at the way the Fiat chaps service your car...I would say that the car has better chances of staying in one piece if you service it!! The future of Fiat in India is also pretty grim...and if they dont come up with a best-seller, we can say that Fiat(in India) is history.

Petra all the way.
There is no comparing the accent to the Petra.
The Petra is infinetely more comfortable, way way cheaper (5L after discounts OTR), faster, better to drive, infinetly safer, better built and IT RETURNS THE SAME AVERAGE.
It only has a poorer image and cheaper interiors.

wer we comparing the petrol ones ?

Ya.
The Fiat Petra 1.6 with that raspy 100 BHP italian motor vs the accent 1.5 with the SUPPOSED 94 BHP korean motors which tends to sound like a diesel as time goes on.

a hyundai accent coz i own one...so am gonna be bias..am in love with my car!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
Fiat Petra:
cons:

Hyundai Accent:

:confused: supposeboth cars give 9 kmpl in similar driving conditions - the Fiat gets marking as poor milage and the Accent as better milage ?

According to me - The Petra is a much better car over the Accent.

looks like a Palio with a boot - yes but still much better than the dated accent.

ride quality of Petra as good as the Accent .

Accent is softly sprung while the Petra is on the firmer side , that makes it's handling better making it a better drivers car .

100 BHP v/s 94 BHP of Korean power - u know whats better.

Interiors of the Accent better than the Petra.

A.S.S - i give equal as i havent faced any problem with Fiat A.S.S.

Build Quality - i know this is subjective but i dont get the secured feeling in an accent as i do in a petra.

Value for Money - More power , better handling , Good ride at a awesome price ....which one is more VFM ?

The winner - Fiat Petra definitely

Fiat Petra any day with eyes closed. Hyundai Accent is no match for the Petra in any criteria save finishing and the fact that Accents do not seems to age ( w.r.t lesser rattles etc..)

Petra for the awesome engine, ride , comfort, looks and Italian build.

The Accent appears tame to drive after the Petra. The 100 bhp DOHC engine of the Petra is a delight. With the Accent there is an almost perceptible delay in the engine response and the throttle application. Makes you wonder how many of those 93+ horses are awake :)

I would buy the Petra even if it was a lakh more expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy
:confused: supposeboth cars give 9 kmpl in similar driving conditions - the Fiat gets marking as poor milage and the Accent as better milage ?

According to me - The Petra is a much better car over the Accent.

looks like a Palio with a boot - yes but still much better than the dated accent.

ride quality of Petra as good as the Accent .

Accent is softly sprung while the Petra is on the firmer side , that makes it's handling better making it a better drivers car .

100 BHP v/s 94 BHP of Korean power - u know whats better.

Interiors of the Accent better than the Petra.

A.S.S - i give equal as i havent faced any problem with Fiat A.S.S.

Build Quality - i know this is subjective but i dont get the secured feeling in an accent as i do in a petra.

Value for Money - More power , better handling , Good ride at a awesome price ....which one is more VFM ?

The winner - Fiat Petra definitely

normally, The fact is you see more number of Accents on roads.. thats what finally matters.. no matter how much VFM the Petra is, the fact remains that there are so many people who dont even know that a car with this name actually exists!.. and see the number of votes for Accent yourself.. it substantiates my point..

You pay full price for a 1 year old petra(Ex showroom, maybe 30K discount). However for that price you get a brand new accent

Quote:

The fact is you see more number of Accents on roads..
agree:

Quote:

the fact remains that there are so many people who dont even know that a car with this name actually exists!
And you gave the most perfectly logical reason why there are more Accents on the road. Lower sales of Petra is because of the issues with the company and not the car.
And I don't believe people at team-bhp are claiming that Petra gives lower FE then Accent. I don't know where this "accent gives good FE" thing came up but fact is the Accent is not that good in FE. I remember Overdrive doing the mega fuel efficiency test and the Accent wasn't any better then Siena or Ikon although market perception is that it's better then both the cars.
I chose the Petra and here is why:
1. I personally don't think lower re-sale of Petra is a negitive point. The fact is you have to sometimes look at the big picture. The lower re-sale is compensated by the Petra's amazing performance. Petra is the only car to give you motoring nirvana at that price. I,personaly put a value on driving pleasure. I can't tell you how much of a monetary value there is to driving pleasure, it's like the master card advert is all I can say. Read that as priceless.
2. I feel any car has to be the best in its segment in at least one thing. What does the Accent do thats best in it's segment? I can't think of anything! As for Petra, it has the best looks, the best build quality and I am sure many people will say it also has the best performing engine.
3. After sales service is not a problem with Fiat at least in Mumbai.
4. One issue that most of us ignored is safety . I am sure Petra will protect you better in the event of a crash then the Accent. And I am sure everyone will agree on this point.
5. Petra also has the more advanced engine technically. DOHC 16 valves 100 bhp 32 bit ECU. Accent has a SOHC 12 valve 94 "supposed" bhp and 16 bit ECU(?)
6. We all agree that Petra has better ride and handling then Accent.
7. We all agree that Petra has a bigger boot then Accent.
8. We all agree that Petra will make it's owner passionate about it in a way that the Accent never ever will.
9. We all agree that the Petra's raspy engine note will make you switch off your stereo just so you can listen to the italian symphony inside you engine bay. And I am sure we all will agree that the Accent's engine will never be able to have that sporty growl from it's engine ever. Which means the driver will probably end up cranking up the volume of his stereo.
10. I am sure we all agree that the Petra's back seat is way more comfortable then the foetal position in which people sit in the Accent's back seat.
11. Put a Petra owner in a Accent and I am sure he will complain about the flimsy thud with which the door's close. Put a Accent owner in a Petra and he will be visbly impressed with the way the doors of the Petra close with that solid THUNK.
I could go on but this post is getting too long! So Petra it is for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
Ok. The reason i am starting this poll is that both the Accent and Petra belong the same segment, both cater to similar kind of customers. Both are reliable and sturdy..
Pros and cons of both cars:

Fiat Petra:
pros:
1. Tank like build quality
2. 100 bhp of pure driving fun
3. Cheaper than Accent

cons:
1. Poor aftersales (its a Fiat after all)
3. Looks like a Palio with Boot

Hyundai Accent:
pros:
1. Comparatively cheap to maintain
2. Reliable and good after sales.

cons:
1. Not a truely driver's car (even the Tornardo)
2. Build quality not anyway near Fiat
3. Slightly cramped (especialy at the back)
4. Costlier than Fiat(?!)

all petra owners on this website claim to get around 10-12 in the city in the petra.

But while I voted for the petra for an edge

ride and handling
sturdy built
power
cheap

accent is not bad as u get

good after sales
ABS
comparitively less niggling problems than fiat.

Yaaaawn ! How many times do we have to keep digging it out of the cupboard? We're talking of two models here, of which one is pretty long in the teeth and due for replacement soon and another which has probably sold less numbers than the Standard Herald.

For the record: the Fiat may have been (yes, past tense since its history now) better in some areas, but the Hyundai was and is still a better car.