Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 16:10   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Has Hyundai stopped manufacturing the i20 1.4 A/T with sunroof ?

We had placed an order for a silver i20 1.4 a/T with sunroof about a month back. We even paid 2.5 lakhs as the booking amount to Advaith Hyundai Residency Road.

Now, they tell us that Hyundai has stopped production of the sunroof model and the A/T is available without a sunroof only.

We're quite pissed off because we've waited for a month and we were very keen to have a sunroof on the car. Now, we're re-evaluating our decision to buy a Hyundai.

It's quite unprofessional of them to to do this. Does anyone have any other idea on this?

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 29th June 2010 at 16:13.
Old 29th June 2010, 16:43   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Nikhil,

Last time I checked here in Mumbai, the 1.4 A/T Asta Optional pack had been discontinued.
However, I don't understand why as the car is built to order as it is.

Write a letter to Hyundai. The dealer cannot book a model that is not in production anymore, and if it was in production when you had booked it, the company is liable to make it for you.
Old 29th June 2010, 16:58   #3
BHPian

Yes, the 1.4AT with the sunroof and 6 airbags has been discontinued. I booked my wife an 1.4AT on saturday and there was no way in which I could get the dealership to get me the one with the sunroof. I had earlier booked the 1.2 Asta with the sunroof as part of the option pack but looking at the convenience an automatic would offer her, my wife opted for the AT instead even though she really wanted to have a sunroof over her head. If you do get Hyundai to respond favourably, please let us know so that I too may pursue them for an AT with the sunroof.
Old 29th June 2010, 20:38   #4
BHPian

I also fail to understand why they don't have 1.4 available with manual transmission in India when same is being manufactured for European market

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks