Team-BHP - Is there a drop in FE in your vehicle after BS IV fuel ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Is there a drop in FE in your vehicle after BS IV fuel ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/85041-there-drop-fe-your-vehicle-after-bs-iv-fuel.html)

I have seen a consistent drop in FE post April, when BS-IV grade fuel was introduced across 13 cities. My marina dicor which used to give me around 12.5 kmpl within city, is giving me ~11.25 these days :confused:. Got it serviced recently, changed air-filter etc. but it failed to deliver more than this !

I spoke to couple of colleagues of mine and they also reported similar experiences. Is this same experience for you as well ?

- Rajesh

(Note to mods: Did try to search on a similar thread but did not find any. Please merge if one already exists.)

I too have been receiving a paltry ~10 kmpl :Frustrati:Frustrati on my 1.6P Fiesta since last couple of months or so as against a religious 11+ despite refuelling from the same petrol pump(s).

Could be a co-related issue.

IIRC correctly, there was no change in the petrol quality.
Only the new cars that were being produced were made to adhere to BS4 norms.

Yes, Yes and Yes. Especially Figos suffer.

Yes, i definitely feel so too. I get around 1 - 2 km less recently with normal diesel in both our swift and scorpio. Only thing i can attribute this is the BS4 grade fuel since both vehicles are in very good condition. I beleive there was some change made to the quality of fuel too make it compliant with the BS4 norms. Another point is both my cars are BS3 compliant and im not sure how the behaviour is for BS4 vehicles...

Please apologize my ignorance and correct me if i am wrong...Do we have a BS4 fuel ? I thought BS4 was emission norms and we only have vehicle standards which should meet the emission norms to sell their vehicles in Major cities. Are you guys referring to Speed 97 or something like that ??

Yeah. With some nice mix of driving styles my 2000 Zen always gave around 15Kmpl but recently it gives somehwere close to 13 or 14 sometimes. Strange. Is there anything official out yet?

If the additiv package has changed then the change over to a new fuel can affect fuel consumption. The additive packages can alter the flame front development, which in turn needs altering the ignition advance accordingly to get the best efficiency out of the engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonraker (Post 1970272)
Please apologize my ignorance and correct me if i am wrong...Do we have a BS4 fuel ?

Hi Moonraker

Yes this is regarding BS4 fuel in major cities of india ( i guess its around 13 cities) where BS4 laws are enforced.

Yes, I too have got ~1 KMPL less than what I used to get earlier with my Safari 2.2 DICOR.
Earlier, it used to be ~10.5 and now, it has come down to ~9.5 :(

Prem.

I havent found any drop in the FE for my Fiesta as of yet. In fact last refuel I saw a slight increase in the FE. I had enquired at the petrol bunk where I normally refuel and they are not aware of any BSIV fuel being sold, I guess they must not be aware.
I am sure the fuel has been upgraded to BSIV stds since there was a specific fuel price rise in April for the same reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 1970347)
I havent found any drop in the FE for my Fiesta as of yet. In fact last refuel I saw a slight increase in the FE. I had enquired at the petrol bunk where I normally refuel and they are not aware of any BSIV fuel being sold, I guess they must not be aware.
I am sure the fuel has been upgraded to BSIV stds since there was a specific fuel price rise in April for the same reason.

Effective April 2010, 13 cities shifted to BS IV fuel (petrol & diesel). It might be possible that BS IV vehicle to give lesser fuel economy if BSII, BSIII fuel is used (Sigh! most out of station trips now have less economy!). May be this link is helpful http://www.carblogindia.com/poor-fuel-may-damage-bs-iv-engines-problem-with-bs4-emission-norms-implementation/.

I too find Fiesta 1.6 BSIV has less mileage than Fiesta BS III! Strangely most other cars (City, SX4, DiZre etc) in similar segment have improved mileage with BSIV.

It should have opposite effect on BS III and BS II vehicles. If not mileage, engine should be smooth!

I'm having a drop in FE on the Ikon for about a month now. The Sumo has been steady. Both vehicles are BS-III, and mostly filled at the same IO bunk. But cant yet attribute the Ikon's FE drop to BS-IV fuel.

@Lambo, fuel too is now BS-IV compliant. Remember our discussions about ULS Diesel ?

I thought it was my clutch. Could it be the fuel?
Also, premium fuels feel less than premium these days. I topped up with Speed before a highway run and was left wondering what I'd paid the extra money for.

Me too, Me too. Hariya has become more thirsty off late. Getting around 1kmpl lesser than earlier mileage in the city and highway.

Guess its time to add a poll to this with Yes and No options.

Mods, could you please do the needful.