Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 22:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

I too think that the santro is to be phased out when Hyundai comes up with its 800cc car.
Hyundai lineup after a year should look like - H800/i10/i20/verna/elantra/sonata/tucson/santa fe/veracruz
Old 14th July 2010, 22:45   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
If we look at our major car manufacturers they still have their cheapest cars on sale. Thats because there is a population which takes up theirs as a first car and the others as their city car.
Whatever investment went into the production of the Santro must have been covered up by now (Northern states alone would suffice) and whatever sells is just profit. If anything has to go from the Hyundai stable is the Accent. But as long as the Ikon has a market, so will the parallel running Accent.

When we talk about i10 as a successor to the Santro, really, it should be closely priced as the Santro. The pricing deficit just makes the i10 another segment all together, the swift territory segment. I would completely agree with the OP that it is time for a refreshed Santro.
I too view it in the same way. HMIL is losing out in the entry segment with no competing model for buyers to have a look at.There is lot of activity in this segment and the very fact that Alto sells 20000 plus cars a month as compared to the 6000 plus Santros is proof enough. And as you rightly say the i10 is in the next segment competing with the 998 or 1000 cc plus cars from MSIL, while the Kappa engine variants of the i10 fall in the Swift category.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks