Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 20:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Banglorean wins consumer court case against Concorde motors

Here is a story on a guy from bangalore winning a consumer court case against concorde motors for them selling him a defective 'new' palio. though this was in 2009, verdicts are out only recently, but goes to show that tata's do have a black sheep within their dealers. If concorde wants to refute this claim, then let them answer this article.

Source: Bangalore mirror

Extract:

-----

‘New’ red Palio had been repainted
IT consultant Vinay Sreenivas says he was duped. Even though consumer court ruled in his favour, Concorde Motors is yet to act
Hemanth Kashyap bmfeedback@indiatimes.com

It was a dream come true. Before the Ganesha festival in August 2009, Vinay Sreenivas, an IT consultant, booked a diesel Fiat Palio with Concorde Motors on Mysore road. He paid them the full amount of Rs 5,47,810 at one go. He got a red Palio but the very next day noticed dents and paint defects in the car.
When he checked with a professional car painter, he was told that the car was damaged and that parts of its body - left rear door, left and right side of fender and a portion under the bonnet - had been repainted. Vinay then took the car to Concorde Motors. “I went to Concorde not as a complainant but as a customer. I directly went to the service head and told him that I wanted this car to be tested. The engineers who tested the car told me that it had been repainted,” Vinay said.
Vinay then took up the issue with the management of Concorde Motors, who agreed that there was a problem and they would resolve it soon. Many emails were exchanged between Vinay and Concorde Motors. The company told him that they could either paint the car once again or replace damaged parts with parts from a brand new car. “But I rejected their offer and told them that since I had paid the full amount, I wanted a brand new car,” Vinay said. Concorde didn’t reply. So Vinay sent them a legal notice and went to the consumer court.
The consumer court decided in favour of Vinay after hearing arguments from both sides. Its order said: “The opposite party is directed to replace the defective car of the complainant with a brand new Fiat Palio, not a repainted one, within 60 days. If the opposite party fails to replace the brand new car within 60 days, they shall pay to the complainant Rs 5,47,810, the amount he paid, together with interest at the rate of 12 per cent per annum from October 10, 2009.” Vinay is happy that he won the case, but Concorde Motors has not done anything so far. “When I contacted them, they said they would appeal against this order in a higher court,” he said.
Concorde Motors says that Vinay’s allegations are false. “There were some scratches on the vehicle when he inspected it, and he didn’t say anything about it then,” a company official said.

-------------

Original article with photos are attached as pdf.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Article - ‘New’ red Palio had been repainted.pdf (78.5 KB, 1624 views)
Old 12th July 2010, 21:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thread exists
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...inted-car.html
Old 12th July 2010, 21:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

This news is already running in this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...inted-car.html
Old 12th July 2010, 21:27   #4
Team-BHP Support

Thanks, thread closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks