Team-BHP - Exchange offer on Linea for Palio owners
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Exchange offer on Linea for Palio owners (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/85740-exchange-offer-linea-palio-owners.html)

One of my colleague who owns Palio got an SMS from Fiat that the existing Palio owners can trade in their Palio for a 3 Lacs discount on Linea. He mentioned this offer is open for all Palio owners, though I am not sure about this. I have seen the SMS he received. This offer is valid for purchase of only Linea.

Can somebody confirm this? This looks like a very good offer as Palio though is a good car, the resale value is not that good. Definitely a step in right direction from Fiat for maintaining loyalty of the customers

Moderators - please merge if such thread already exists, as I could not find it.

Hi,

Even i got Same SMS but the amout is 30,000 Rs not 3,00,000.

Gou
You are right. Fiat has been trying this earlier in 2009 as well just after the time when the Linea was launched. At that time the way it would work is :
a) Dealer would arrange for someone to appraise the Palio
b) They would add a flat amount (few thousands) to that and reduce the combined amount from the Linea.
c) Unclear at that ime if the Linea's price was subject to negotiation.

This 3 lakhs deal appears to be very good - and if someone wants to stick with Fiat - a good option to exercise.
Personally I sold my Palio via the newspaper classified route and think I got a little over what the dealer would have given to me for it. It worked out well for me - as I had the flexibility to go for some other manufacturer.

3L is too good to be true... If that's the case, I'd go for it blindly. But I don't think it is 3L!

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 1988274)
3L is too good to be true... If that's the case, I'd go for it blindly. But I don't think it is 3L!

Even I think the same. I asked him to go for it. But he just bought a land and does not want to buy at this moment.

@gou

are you really sure that it's 3 lacs and not 30 thousand?
if yes, then i can definitely buy a used palio for real cheap, and get it exchanged for a linea and avail a 3 lac rupees discount. effective saving still would be about 2 lacs +.. right?

So we first need to check if it is 30K or 3L, most likely 30K - exchange bonus - which they should actually increase to 60k if they are serious in rewarding the loyal customers, as the resale of the palio is very poor.

normally the offer provides for a specific value over and above the resale value that the car has currently. Palio of 2009 and 2001 obviously both cannot have the same 3L value, so I guess it is 30K.

Even I received the SMS and it is Rs 30,000/- exchange bonus.

I received an SMS too, but it is 30,000 and not 3L.

I took got the SMS but for 30,000 and not for 300,000.

Friends

I definitely is not 3 lakhs , should be 30k but still is a good offer considering the used market prices of palios and the demand. hopefull they have it for punto as well

6 Lakh ki gaddi pe 3 lakh ka discount !

C'mon guys you gonna rob this poor FIAT.

Loyalty doesn't meant right to rob/loot/riot the ROYALS

If it is true I will never ever never buy any car other than FIAT.
period

cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanagg1 (Post 1990855)

Its not just 3L discount. Its only when you exchange the old palio, the max price you can discount may be 3L.

I think it makes sense since its a trade-in rate.

^^ a discount of 3L doesnt make any sense whtsoever !! I have confirmed with one of the fiat dealers, its 30K and not 3L :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanagg1 (Post 1990855)

C'mon guys you gonna rob this poor FIAT.

Loyalty doesn't meant right to rob/loot/riot the ROYALS

If it is true I will never ever never buy any car other than FIAT.
period

cheers

I think FIAT is robbing poor Palio owners. I mean c'mon 30 thousand for a Palio is utter disrespect!! Depending on the car's age the discounts should be given in the range of 60k to 99k IMO.