Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 16:09   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
+1; Wow, someone spoke my mind; change that Indica to Swift; and better head rest, probably something like in the new WagonR's compared to the 2004/05 models.
+1 to both DCEite & aargee.

I have a Wagon-R and feel the absence of driver seat height adjustment more than anything else !!

Also a handrest would be fine on the long drives.
Old 10th August 2010, 16:33   #17
BHPian

I would like to have a arm rest for driver's left hand in my fusion.(there is arm rest in the door on the right side though)
Old 10th August 2010, 17:05   #18
BHPian

Honda Civic
Nothing much to complain about the seating and comfort. I guess it would be nice however to have the memory function of the seat remembering my position and going back to it at the push of a button, and lumbar support.
Old 10th August 2010, 17:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Beat LT & UVA LT

Don't have any problem with their seats. If possible, I would fix Beat's seat(superb comfort and best lover back support) into UVA

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 10th August 2010 at 17:12.
Old 11th August 2010, 00:06   #20
BHPian

Indigo: Want better lumbar support and more importantly, better neck support.
Old 11th August 2010, 08:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Apart from seats, if there's anything to be added, I like to have some soft material to be fabricated at the place where the right knees are placed. On long drivers, I've to rest my right leg against the door & the rough finishing to damage the skin & causes burning sensation.
Old 11th August 2010, 11:56   #22
BHPian

My wishlist :

Fiesta :

1. Backrest adjustment : should be of the rotary type (reference old Ikon).

Most cars come with manual adjustment handle which tends to adjust the recline at specific angles and may not be comfortable for the back. On the other hand a rotary type manual adjustment enables the driver to adjust the recline at angles closest to comfort. Of course electric adjustments would be most desirable.

2. Length of seat : A somewhat longer seat would be appreciated.

3. Armrest : Armrest on the left. As mentioned by Dr. Abhi, the armrest on the door is already present in the Fiesta as well for the right hand.

Ikon :

1. Length of the seat : Has one of the most comfortable seats. Could be a tad longer though.

2. Upholstry Could use better upholstry (think the new ones have improved quality)

i10 :

1. Backrest : Same issue as in the Fiesta seat wrt backrest adjustment. Maybe using driving support cushions (Amaron ones) may help.

2. Plastics : The adjustment lever tends to cut into the hand when used for adjusting the backrest. A smoother finish would definitely help.

SM
Old 11th August 2010, 19:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
1. Backrest adjustment : should be of the rotary type (reference old Ikon).
Second that. In the ikon one can precisely adjust the back tilt with the rotary type know...in Fiesta, it takes quite a bit of trial & error to get the exact angle.

Another thing I wish in Fiesta which was in Ikon is the almost horizontal incline the front seats backrest can go upto and turns into a flat bed kind.
Old 13th August 2010, 16:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Apart from seats, if there's anything to be added, I like to have some soft material to be fabricated at the place where the right knees are placed. On long drivers, I've to rest my right leg against the door & the rough finishing to damage the skin & causes burning sensation.
+1 to that. In my car, my right knee hits the power window control box located on the driver side door. This is surely an irritant during the long drives.
Old 13th August 2010, 16:38   #25
mkh
Senior - BHPian

The BEST drivers seat i have experienced is the Verna XXI. It has dual adjustments which can adjust seat 2 ways and also a superb left arm rest.
Wish every car can have this, esp the ANHC!
Old 14th August 2010, 18:03   #26
BHPian

For the Dzire I would like to add

1. Armrest
2. Seat height adjust
3. Lumbar support
4. Sturdy lever for inclination adjustment
5. Bit more under thigh support
Old 14th August 2010, 19:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

2009 Hyundai Sonata:
The frame of the seat base touches the sides of my hip bone. If there was one thing I could change, this would be it. Increase the width of the frame by maybe 1/4 inch.
My Figo, on the other hand, does not have that problem!
Old 14th August 2010, 19:21   #28
BHPian

Not specific to my current cars, but I think there should be arm rests for high end versions. If not the arm rests themselves, provision to fit aftermarket ones.

Headrests should have the provision for forward-backward movement (ratchet mechanism) found in quite a few foreign cars. Would provide for some head support while driving and not just whiplash support.
Old 14th August 2010, 22:11   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I'd like an armrest for my Swift.
+ I would require a height adjust and little bigger seats for the thigh support.

AC'ed seat is also in the list but it will be an expensive affair if not a seat with excellent air circulation (lots of small fans)
Old 19th August 2010, 15:15   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
Honda Civic
Nothing much to complain about the seating and comfort. I guess it would be nice however to have the memory function of the seat remembering my position and going back to it at the push of a button, and lumbar support.
+1 for my corolla altis. i hate it when the valet changes the seating position.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks