Team-BHP - Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/87520-delivery-waiting-period-how-do-you-deal.html)

Hello All,

The delivery waiting periods for most cars today are only getting longer !. I am going through the pain myself - have booked an i20 CRDi about 25 days ago and there is still no sign of anything moving. At this point I thought I should probably start a thread so that we can share tips and ways to deal with these elongated waiting periods :)

I am marking off days on the calendar one-by-one, but that does seem to help the anxiety of actually getting my car :uncontrol

Please do share your experiences and how you dealt with long waiting periods on your cars / bikes - should be fun to learn how we all come up with our own ways !.

Cheers

If the cars worth it, wait periods don't bother me at all. I wouldn't mind waiting for a Fortuner, but wouldn't for a Dzire. Similarly, I'd wait for a Vento diesel....though no ways for a Polo 1.2 TDI.

Quote:

At this point I thought I should probably start a thread so that we can share tips and ways to deal with these elongated waiting periods
- Read through Team-BHP owner reviews to get completely familiar with the car
- Start choosing / buying accessories!
- Finalise your tyre upgrade size, alloys and prices
- Finalise your ICE upgrade
- Go through our How to run in your new car article
- Finalise bookings / destination for your first highway trip!

Good luck with the run up to the D day...I somehow can never get myself to sleep on the eve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by calm_cruiser (Post 2037664)
Hello All,

I am going through the pain myself - have booked an i20 CRDi about 25 days ago and there is still no sign of anything moving.

The waiting period also depends on the color of the car that you have chosen. A friend of mine had to wait for an additional 7 working days since he had opted for a black color i20 CRDi.

The sales rep informed that Blue and white color would delivered in ten days.

BTW what is the color that you have chosen?

Book the car & forget that you have booked any car.
The more you think about the car, more it pains !

Try spending time in something constructive. Work hard in office.

Or go through all the posts here related to PDI / i20 / tech stuff etc.

Have patience, Time is a great healer !

@GTO - Thank you for your suggestions. I have been lurking around T-BHP, trying to read as much as I can about the car before I booked it. I will for sure go through the "Running in - how to". Also - I read on one of the threads that you were considering a GTO style review of the i20 CRDi. I'd really appreciate it if you could :-)

@Aarman_008 - I've booked the Silver color. Seemed to be the best and the "Safest" (read scrathes et al) color. Called up the showroom today - they said that the car hasn't even left the Chennai factory.

@WDM007 - "Work Hard in office" : hahaha, I liked that statement. BTW, I'm doing my best to bury myself in work and guess what - my boss is mighty impressed by the higher productivity !.

Odd (and hard) as it may sound, try not to think about the car - time will fly by faster than you think. :)

Strictly speaking being bhpian's this is an impossible task, but you can always try :D

Take test-drives of other Cars & confuse yourself furtherlol: and think white looks better than black

Quote:

Originally Posted by calm_cruiser (Post 2042137)
I read on one of the threads that you were considering a GTO style review of the i20 CRDi.

OT--is the Punto 90HP test on cards?

May not work for many, but for students like me it will. I booked the car a week before my exams, the car was delivered a day after exams. Trip right after exam and in a new car=heaven:D

When I booked my First Santro, i was having sleepless nights, but Alas I had to cancel the booking 2 days before delivery, as I had to travel out of the country.
After that when i booked my Fiesta I just couldnt wait for the delivery , I took whatever color was immediately available (Black was awesome anyways).
I believe in Instant Gratification.

I had a waiting period of 4 weeks when I booked my 1.6S.

I did take 7 more test drives of the 1.6S from the same dealer in 3 weeks time after booking.

The dealer got mad at me and delivered the car by the end of 3rd week :D

Read this in some other thread of TBHP. "Start looking for a Gypsy and then start pondering on the money. By the time you get the Gypsy you will have sufficient money":)

So in your case, book the car and then go about looking for the money. By the time you have the money, the car would be there clap:.

Can't forget my first "waiting period" of 1 week - for my 3rd hand Maruti 800! :) - my first car!
The dealer had told me I could hand over the money and take the car any time - and after that, I had to wait for around a week to make arrangements for the money. Knowing that the car was ready and waiting only deepened the pain.

But it was like walking around in a dream. I was telling whoever I saw at home/office/anywhere else, "I am buying a CAR!!" all out of context :D .

What helped alleviate the pain was actually thinking about it more. I used to tell myeslf, "Yeah, I'm getting it!... Yeah, all for me... yeah, a C-A-R.... actually my own... me driving..." and dream about it. The fantasy would feel so good the pain of waiting would feel small in comparison.

Waiting period for my 2nd car, the Indica, didn't feel so good. I was annoyed because everything was done from my end and the bank's end, but some silly reasons from the dealer were delaying the delivery. I felt very irritated and yes, tried to avoid thinking about it. But even then, "Wow, AC car! Power steering car! 1200cc! BRAND NEW car!" helped me feel good.

Third, I knew I couldn't wait very long, mainly because I had sold off the bike and didn't have transport. So shortened the waiting by accepting whatever color the dealer offered, so I had the car in one week flat. This time, I didn't believe the dealer's promised date - just didn't believe it, because I expected some silly excuses and another week's delay beyond what they promised. So it was a pleasant surprise when they delivered it so quick, in fact before the promised date. "No expectation, no disappointment"

Waiting? what waiting? I bought my first car in 45 minutes flat (from first touch to first drive home) :D

But had to wait for a month to take delivery of my first new car - Hyundai i10.
Spend that time on tbhp - finalizing on tire upgrades, seat cover color, sunfilm etc.
Counted down every L-O-N-G day kike anything, and couldn't concentrate in office for the last few days.
But the sales rep said 1 month - and delivered in 1 month.

Waited 2 years for a swift Diesel, dreaming, wondering, how the turbo kick will feel in 'our' car. How the white alloys will look on a white swift, white rear view mirrors. How the objects in the rear view mirror..quickly disappear' sticker will look behind.

After booking, the wait of almost 2 months, felt like 'is this really happening, is this big dream really comming true' ? Is this car going to be ours? IS THIS REALLY GOING TO STAND IN THE PARKING LOT ?

I still pinch myself everyday after looking at the car just to confirm if this is real or not.

Its the butterfly in the stomach affect seeing her everyday!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by humyum (Post 2042750)
Waited 2 years for a swift Diesel, dreaming, wondering, how the turbo kick will feel in 'our' car. How the white alloys will look on a white swift, white rear view mirrors. How the objects in the rear view mirror..quickly disappear' sticker will look behind.

After booking, the wait of almost 2 months, felt like 'is this really happening, is this big dream really comming true' ? Is this car going to be ours? IS THIS REALLY GOING TO STAND IN THE PARKING LOT ?

lol: your post just confused the hell out of me when i read it for the first time. I though waiting period was 2 years stupid: