Team-BHP - 2006 Honda Accord/ Civic
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2006 Honda Accord/ Civic (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8790-2006-honda-accord-civic.html)

Spoke to the Honda dealer here in Chennai and was told not to expect the Honda Civic before August 2006. On asking them when the 2006 Honda Accord (Shape of boot and tail lights changed) and the Honda Accord V6 M/T are coming to India, they said they had no idea when the 2006 Honda Accord and the V6 M/T are coming to India. :mad:

it looks like, most of the time, the dealers are not aware of when the next model in their company's product lineup is going to hit the market :D. happens with all the dealers prolly.
ak

The new Accord is a stunner. With power output increased to 166 (for the 2.4) and 244 (for the V6), it'll be quicker than ever.

And like V1p3r said, if the V6 manages to make a M/T transformation, you've got close to 160bhp/ton to play around with.

The Civic no doubt, is a born winner. Hope they price it right.

Shan2nu

i dont like the fact that he 06 Civic looks so much similar to the NHC..
to untrained eyes they will both look the same just like the Superb and the octavia ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
The new Accord is a stunner. With power output increased to 166 (for the 2.4) and 244 (for the V6), it'll be quicker than ever.

And like V1p3r said, if the V6 manages to make a M/T transformation, you've got close to 160bhp/ton to play around with.

The Civic no doubt, is a born winner. Hope they price it right.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh
it looks like, most of the time, the dealers are not aware of when the next model in their company's product lineup is going to hit the market :D. happens with all the dealers prolly.
ak

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover
i dont like the fact that he 06 Civic looks so much similar to the NHC..
to untrained eyes they will both look the same just like the Superb and the octavia ..

I totally agree with you three... NOTE! turbo_lover did point out - to untrained eyes.

... or probably the dealers dont want to say that intentionally. Cos of the fear that they mite lose out on the sale of the existing lot they have..

Wht do ya say ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoranjit
... or probably the dealers dont want to say that intentionally. Cos of the fear that they mite lose out on the sale of the existing lot they have..

Wht do ya say ?

Oh yes! That too!! I just hope this is why they said what they said in the case of the 2006 Honda Accord V6 M/T.

I'm sure the new accord is not gonna turn up till end 2006 .Just my instincts. :D

... end 2006 ? that wud make Boom a really really sad guy.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/11/22/...end/index.html

Dude the cars certainly will be out before august 2006 opposed to what the dealers say but dont expect then anytime before march 2006.

While the dealers certainly know the truth it depends on the person you are talking to. A normal salaried sales guy will only know little much basic info about the car in the showroom. But the manager and other top level people are informed about the new models by the company because the dealers have to manage their stock and order the new cars before hand.

Turbo Lover: You will also not like the fact that the new front headlight design is completely similar to the Saturn ION here in North America. And Ion has been here before the new civic was even announced.

If anything happens in Thailand, it will happen here

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoranjit
... end 2006 ? that wud make Boom a really really sad guy.

Finally, someone who understands my pain lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
Dude the cars certainly will be out before august 2006 opposed to what the dealers say but dont expect then anytime before march 2006.

While the dealers certainly know the truth it depends on the person you are talking to. A normal salaried sales guy will only know little much basic info about the car in the showroom. But the manager and other top level people are informed about the new models by the company because the dealers have to manage their stock and order the new cars before hand.

Turbo Lover: You will also not like the fact that the new front headlight design is completely similar to the Saturn ION here in North America. And Ion has been here before the new civic was even announced.

Very rightly said, my friend, but I did talk to a senior level person. Also, I don't think they are wrong when they said August 2006 for the Honda Civic to be launched in the Indian market as I've been hearing about the Honda Civic being launched "soon" in India since 2003. I just hope, pray and wish what you say happens as I would be the happiest person if the Honda Civic is launched by March 2006.

Quote:

As usual, Ajmats posts = solid sense... Way to go, Ajmat!

Quote:

And has it happened?

Quote:

Originally Posted by saajan_20
arrey civic ko anney do yaar but why the accord ? ? man
i will loose so much on my accord aug 2005 model it will not be the latest yaar !!!!
and i seem the 144bhp for the m\t current model accord is good for us and our road condition s and all factors !!!!
lekin these jap s alway s lookin for betterment haan good on the whole lekin my car value will depriciate ????
opinion s about it r welcume
regards

The same will happen to me and to all if they but the 2006 Honda Accord as the Honda Accord is due for a total change in 2007. My friend, cars are never an investment; they are always a loss... I don't think that will stop people like you and me who are car enthusiasts though :). I personally have bought 9 cars in the last 9 years (no second hand business; all new), but keeping the way the traffic situation is going, I am now planning to buy my 10th car and keeping it for at least 3-4years.