Team-BHP - Ever contemplated an Automotive career?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ever contemplated an Automotive career? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8815-ever-contemplated-automotive-career-12.html)

I just 'wish' for two things related to automobiles in this lifetime. A 'dealership' of some premium brand (preferably out of those which are 'made in India' now) and an ownership of a Land Rover.
The first wish is a long-term one and will need more time and exposure to things. Second-one isnt a distant one now-a-days

I have always had a thing for automobile designing, that coupled with my background in Engineering drawing...I think i was decent at it till the time I just forgot all about it. I even wrote a mail to DC back then, in a day and age when not many knew of him and his work, I even recieved a package with a booklet/brochure on design and a write explaining why its makes sense to even attempt to design automobiles from DC. I was one of those kids who'd spend more time at a DC stall (at an Auto expo) than the other ones for sheer design pleasure.

Just the other day I was forced to clean my room and in the process discovered one of old sketch books which had some of my initial attempts at designing car parts...funny thing...I see the latest head light/ tail light designs on some of the present day cars...and I wonder....I guess I wasn't too far off with my imagination back then !

Life has a funny way of taking you to places you'd never thought you'd reach...in my case ...away from automobiles designing et all.

I dont know if this qualifies as an automotive career. I would like to set up a call center where people can call in for guidance on automotive matters (for a small fee teeheehee).

Hi GTO.

In reference to your first post on this thread. You can add me as well working the the area of their choice. Along with Psycho, Arush, Dom, Turbo India.
I am currently handling marketing campaigns for a Big Japanese auto giant (can't tell the name) but it has recently launched a sports car (every one is smart here, i hope they can guess) Working on it everyday is like living you life to fullest extent.
Cheers.!

So here it goes. I am also in automotive/aerospace field. Doing design and analysis of automotive/aerospace components. Hardcore mechanical job but with a difference that I sit in a cabin and work but it is a mechanical/automotive field

Hurts. All this fantasizing.

Modifying / Designing Cars for the pleasure of it. Monster trucks, offroaders (read: Jeep Renegade), Sportsters, Dragsters, Engine Mods (Read: Top Fuel Dragsters), modiying from normal car to electric cars, Maybe even DIY aeroplanes. The WWI plane Sopwith camel just had engine of 110 hp. Sopwith Pup had 87 hp engine. How hard would it be to design a WWI aircraft with the engines that we have for our disposal? The British Hawker Hurricane of WWII was contructed using Wooden frame and canvas. Should be very easy. I have even heard about a guy in Pune who uses RD350 engines for one man glider type aircrafts.

So many fantasies.. so little time..

i always wanted to be a mechanic. have my only small workshop were i could on cars in leisure. just imagine, a small garage in some small town (preferably some hill station) , some classics and vintage cars awaiting restorations and u have all the time in world to work on them. few car crazy(and booze loving :D) friends for company. and somewhere around the garage there will be my black 69'charger and a badass 51' mercury sedan standing. i wish i wish...

*Clears the throat*, when it comes to profession, I wasn't really sure what I wanted till my +2 just only because I din't know my interests besides games :P. Later, when got into my engineering, I thought of sticking to something related to my interests and discovered my passion. What I envision was a gaming parlour (MY OWN GAMING PARLOUR AND I WAS REALLY FRUSTRATED GOING TO GAMING PARLOURS JUST TO PLAY ON LAN). Unfortunately/fortunately, the plan was dropped down for few reasons. A couple of months I got really worried of what can I do. Finally, did some R & D and then ended up in a gaming company which most of the gamers die to work for, and that is EA GAMES. I'm so proud when I say it to people around me (of course to only those who know about it). There are many who really have no idea of games. :Frustrati I really don't bother about 'em though they praise the companies they work for.

Later, I also discovered that, I have interest in automobiles. Now looking to open a good/best one stop shop for all the automobile accessories. It includes a workshop too. I started to contact the Maruti Saboo for their dealership of a workshop. Things need to be kept a secret till something good happens. But one thing for sure, I will not giev up my job for this venture. Have good reliable people whom I can hand over the business IF I get into.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 144757)
I know that there are a lucky few amongst us (Psycho, Arush, Dom, Turbo India etc.) who are working in the industry of their choice which is not only their passion, but also their bread and butter.

What about the rest of us? Ever wanted to build a career within cars? Are the plans still on or discarded? What company?

I have ALWAYS wanted to venture in a premium car dealership and hopefully one day it will be possible. One that boasts of the HIGHEST quality service - a level that has previously been unseen in India. One that gets more customers through word of mouth than silly advertisements. Simply put, an organisation that is built around the clientelle.

Whats yours?

GTO

hi all. me living this dream. working in Maruti Suzuki Manesar Plant as Asst. manager in Dispatch:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vagu (Post 1774452)
i always wanted to be a mechanic. have my only small workshop were i could on cars in leisure. just imagine, a small garage in some small town (preferably some hill station) , some classics and vintage cars awaiting restorations and u have all the time in world to work on them. few car crazy(and booze loving :D) friends for company. and somewhere around the garage there will be my black 69'charger and a badass 51' mercury sedan standing. i wish i wish...

The best one from the lot , Mine is same except I want to own an apple orchid with it and want to spend my retired life there you know bug plans for retirement but just 4 years in job...

If you are serious then we can plan together.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpassion26 (Post 1807115)
hi all. me living this dream. working in Maruti Suzuki Manesar Plant as Asst. manager in Dispatch:)

Congrats mate ,

I am also working as a same in Honda Cars and living my dream but I bet that we all including me are living a monotonous life from 9 to 5 and living with "do punch and ek lunch hahaha" We have got all things except time I hope you are agree on this brother.

Well,

I am going to start my career in the Automobile Industry in a few months time. Have been placed in Tata Motors. Hopefully life wont be too boring.

I want Richard Hammond's job!

Quote:

Originally Posted by julupani (Post 1807522)
Well,

I am going to start my career in the Automobile Industry in a few months time. Have been placed in Tata Motors. Hopefully life wont be too boring.

Great. Welcome. Be rest assured this one of the fastest growing and most competitive space. You'll enjoy.

Congrats mate ,

I am also working as a same in Honda Cars and living my dream but I bet that we all including me are living a monotonous life from 9 to 5 and living with "do punch and ek lunch hahaha" We have got all things except time I hope you are agree on this brother.[/quote]

ya. its the same story. do punch nd ek lunch. but i work in shifts 7:15 to 4 one week and 4 to 12:45 am next week

Wanted to be a Mumbai-Mangalore bus driver during my school days ..wouldnt mind doing that on weekends though :)