Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2010, 23:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

This facelifted one looks far better than the one I checked out at the Dubai Motor Show in 2007. That was just hideous. This is more balanced, more dignified to me. I will say that it's pretty comfortable, though. And I just saw one in Bandra on Saturday.
Old 15th September 2010, 23:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

To be honest, I am surprised at the price tag. When I looked at the thread title I thought we are getting something like a scaled down Beemer for around 30L. This is way too impractical for the Inidan buyer. I mean he has other choices in the 60-65-70L bracket.
Old 15th September 2010, 23:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

The new R-class looks much much better than the previous one. I don't think Mercedes is getting this here just to garner sales. They want to increase their model portfolio in India by bringing in all possible models. And I'm sure they'll have a decent number of buyers too.
The R-class is perfect for a family of six who want to go on a vacation together without the hassles of taking a second car.
But yeah, the pricing is just too much. If this would be in the 5-series range, it'd still sell in some numbers. At 65L, there's also the Q7 and GL that offer 7 seats.

Last edited by theragingbull : 15th September 2010 at 23:20.
Old 20th September 2010, 23:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

The New R 350 is getting launch on October 9th or 10th at the Taj, Mumbai.

In the coming weeks, the locally assembled S class will get some additional equipment:
  • keyless GO
  • night vision system
  • soft close power operated trunk lid with a press of a button
Old 20th September 2010, 23:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
In the coming weeks, the locally assembled S class will get some additional equipment:
  • keyless GO
  • night vision system
  • soft close power operated trunk lid with a press of a button
The last one: '
soft close power operated trunk lid with a press of a button'

is not new from Mercedes. It was around in Britian in very very old models there. I am talking early 80s. I have seen one in person as well as in some episode of TG where May and Jeremy had a good laugh about it.
Old 29th September 2010, 19:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I know someone who owns an R Class in Europe and swears by it. However, that's Europe and this is India. I disagree with you that MUVs don't have a market in India. Fact is, they do (just check the Innova's sales). However, its premium MUVs that don't have a market. Anyone spending 70 lakhs on road wants style, image & brand (just ask Volvo). I doubt the R Class is going to find too many takers. After all, not too many customers with a 70 lakh budget and a single car in their garage. They could very well buy a premium sedan or SUV, AND an Innova (for when an MUV is required).
Thanks for clearing my point (PREMIUM MUVs), thats exactly what I meant.

Could we buy a Volvo (or any premium) bus and use it as a private vehicle? I mean can it be used for interstate travel without paying state taxes?
Old 30th September 2010, 00:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

I believe this car is being launched in petrol only because the face lifted R-Class uses the new generation diesel engine which is yet to be tested / modified for our conditions and I am sure once it's done it will be under the hood of R and all other 350CDI variants.

This car is so pointless, not just pointless but I don't even know why Mercedes-Benz is launching it sounds more like just an event to be in the news like they have been in last few months by launching low volume niche cars just to claim more launches which IMO could be silent launches.

They should rather focus on their core cars, perhaps now that it's been over a year since the W212 was launched and now has a tough competition in terms of the new 5 they could increase the equipment like add the Multi-Contour seats? And perhaps the Panorama roof with keyless go?

Adding equipment in the S-Class is nice but I think they need to add more into the E & C as they desperately need it to fight better with the 5 & 3. Also will the addition of the new equipment co-incide with the new engines which were launched for the 500 designated models and the 350 designated models? Because the new 4.7L engine is a beautiful engine and will surely add a lot of grunt to the aging S-Class.
Old 7th October 2010, 12:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Launching Today in India
Old 7th October 2010, 13:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

R CLASS ( R 350 ) launched with a sticker price of 58.79 L !

Last edited by fz_rider : 7th October 2010 at 14:00.
Old 18th March 2012, 11:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mercedes Benz R Class Indian package-full details (exclusive)

Quoting myself as I always since it's launch in 2005 have maintained that this is the worst Mercedes ever made, and absolutely pointless,

Finally the light is shining bright at Mercedes and they will stop the R-Class in the U.S.A from MY 2013 onwards, It will sell in few other markets like China where for some reason it does well, but this finally shows the car will soon no more exist in the Alphabits of Mercedes-Benz.

Now if only they also stop the SLK,

No More R-Class in USA

Regards,

P.S This car has hardly even sold in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
This car is so pointless, not just pointless but I don't even know why Mercedes-Benz is launching it sounds more like just an event to be in the news like they have been in last few months by launching low volume niche cars just to claim more launches which IMO could be silent launches.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks