Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 13:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

No "Rear Engine" sticker for Tata Nano

I have been seeing the ever increasing Tata Nano's on the Mumbai/Thane streets but did not see any "Rear Engine" stickers at the rear bumper of for that matter anywhere at the back of Nano. Is it not required considering the bumper to bumper traffic which is witnessed almost on daily basis or is it that Tata does not want to put the same. Expert BHPians any ideas.

I have seen many low floor buses having the sticker in bold and big letters which is a warning for the following vehicle and in a way helps the tailing vehicle keep a safe distance. Why should this not be the case for Nano too?

Any Nano owners have got the stickers pasted?

Mods: Pls move/merge if any existing thread, delete it if such threads not entertained.
Old 17th September 2010, 13:51   #2
Team-BHP Support

Why should the tailing vehicle keep safe distance only if the car in front has a rear engine. A safe distance should always be kept.
Old 17th September 2010, 13:59   #3
BHPian

Why keep a safe distance only if the car in front of you is a rear engined one? Don't you have an engine in front of your car that is going to be smashed?
Old 17th September 2010, 14:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Why should the tailing vehicle keep safe distance only if the car in front has a rear engine. A safe distance should always be kept.
Agreed safe distance to be kept but how often can you keep a safe distance in a bumper to bumper traffic unless you want to hear unendless honking. Also having a sticker always helps.

Is it not a norm to have safety features boldly engraved on the bumper like ABS. Something similar also needed for rear engined cars too.
Old 17th September 2010, 14:04   #5
BHPian

No low floor bus in Delhi has the said sticker, nor is it needed. Ambassador needed a Power Brake sticker at the back because the booster made braking very, very unpredictable.

A rear engine vehicle is almost as safe/as vulnerable as any front engined car with a rear petrol tank, as far as following distance is concerned.
Old 17th September 2010, 14:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have seen the King Long buses and some new buses which definitely do have engines at the rear and have been clearly marked so with a warning to keep safe distance.

Anyways our discussion was for Nano - pros and cons of having a missing sticker. Does anyone feel it would be better for Nano owners to have a warning at the back of the car? Would it do any harm if the sticker is present.
Old 17th September 2010, 15:05   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I cannot think of a valid reason for why a Rear engine sticker should be pasted by Tata on the Nano. The Engine at the back is not a safety hazard. Now that the Nano does not come with this sticker, following a Nano is as safe as following any other car with Engine at front.

I have seen Ambassadors flaunting whole of the features list- Power Steering, Power Brakes etc. I would hate to have even the ABS sticker on my car.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Closing the thread.

Last edited by .anshuman : 17th September 2010 at 15:11. Reason: Mod note added.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks