Team-BHP - Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/89714-honda-city-le-limited-edition-edit-launched.html)

Honda will offer a city limited edition this festive season. To be launched on october 6, it will come with added features. More details will be updated shortly if it is available.

Yet another limited edition ! Gosh! Why cant they offer some cash discounts instead of all these? Hope they come with some really good features than a cheap gimmick and preferably at the same price point.

Anyway these steps from manufacturers sure light up customer's Diwali celebrations ! clap: Lets see what other manufacturers have to offer in the same segments and other segments as well!

waste of efforts, they should seriouly think about giving some major discounts insted of these gimmicks :)

I don't think Honda will indulge in these kind of gimmicks. They don't need to worry about Vento. Just having a VW badge (yes, read GTO's review thoroughly) won't create too much dent into Honda's market unless and until people start thinking that anything from West is superior.
If one goes through GTO's review, it is quite apparent that Vento has a long way to catch up as far as machine itself is concerned, let alone the peripherals.
Having said all the above for the last 1-2 weeks Honda has been advertising in all major newspapers quite heavily (about free insurance etc etc).

Vento in all probabilities will go Fiat Linea way. It's just the initial raving about German engines blah blah....

The other side of my smallish brain says some other car should be there to make Hondy guys think about the obscene price of their vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 2087670)
Honda will offer a city limited edition this festive season. To be launched on october 6, it will come with added features.
  • leather upholstery
  • chrome garnish on decklid bottom
  • new dark purple/ wine colour
  • features in addition to standard "V" model.
More details will be updated shortly if it is available.

I wish they offer the SV alloys :D .

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 (Post 2088057)
Vento in all probabilities will go Fiat Linea way. It's just the initial raving about German engines blah blah....

It would be too harsh to write off a product so fast! Vento is better equipped compared to ANHC( Linea wins hands down here), has better fit and finish, better engines compared to Linea, the 1.6 Diesel seems to be a winner here.
The Vernas and Fiestas look outdated now, so for a prospective C+ segment diesel buyer the Vento as of today seems to be the best bet this side of 10 lacs+.

Quote:

I don't think Honda will indulge in these kind of gimmicks. They don't need to worry about Vento. Just having a VW badge (yes, read GTO's review thoroughly) won't create too much dent into Honda's market unless and until people start thinking that anything from West is superior.
If one goes through GTO's review, it is quite apparent that Vento has a long way to catch up as far as machine itself is concerned, let alone the peripherals.
Having said all the above for the last 1-2 weeks Honda has been advertising in all major newspapers quite heavily (about free insurance etc etc).

The other side of my smallish brain says some other car should be there to make Hondy guys think about the obscene price of their vehicles.

Whether you accept it or not, but Honda IS getting into all these gimmicks. Vento has already crossed Honda's booking figures fair and square. Though, I do agree all this will make sense once VW starts delivering on time. But you know the Indian mindset " itni booking ho rahi hai to achhi hogi" "honda badi gaadi hai - tabhi itni mehangi hai" "diesel is the way to go!!"
Major pulling point for Vento is their pricing, and availability of a diesel option. Please let's not forget that the Vento though charters into City's price tag, it still starts off cheaper. Lot Cheaper. The starting from price itself will be a good pulling point for Indian Customers.

Couldn't quiet understand your statement " Vento will go the Linea way! " Linea has an altogether different problem here in India. A fantastic car marred by its bad reputation of past. VW is considered to be a Premium car here. I am not too sure why will it crash.

Your prayers are getting answered buddy. Some other cars ARE coming in the market to make the competition tougher for Honda, and to drill some pricing sense in them. They are called Volkswagen Vento & Fiat Linea T-Jet (with the new engine, handling, features AND price - Honda definitely would need to pull up its socks)

I hope the market doesn't lap up this special edition. tjet, vento really must steal honda' numbers. they've been taking indians for a ride, expensive one at that.

Great move by Honda to grab the attention of car buyers at the festive season :thumbs up
Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 2087670)
Honda will offer a city limited edition this festive season. To be launched on october 6, it will come with added features.

What you say might be true. I have seen it happening with Fiesta, Aveo, Verna, Linea. Diesel will be saving grace for these cars. Till Maruti gets diesel in SX4, it will continue to club SX4 sales with DZire to make it look decent.
Quote:

Vento in all probabilities will go Fiat Linea way.

Whats wrong with Honda. Why cant they learn from other manufactures on how-to-do-a-facelift? Last year they did similar upgrades on City/Civic and they still haven't learnt. Though City gave them good results last year, Vento is *not* something they can wade through (Honda, you don't have a diesel yet). Look at i10 face-lift. Honda should overhaul their marketing teams who are continuously failing to understand Indian market. Asking for a premium when there is no competition seems shrewd business; but the same thing seems short-sighted/stupid when there is decent/potential competition. Is it so difficult to understand that they already have the volumes and if they throw-in features to match Vento (maybe as simple as ACC), they can more or less retain volumes. If Honda fails to put fruitful efforts, especially with others like VW/Toyota doing better to reach more people, its not too far for Honda to spin down. After all, how long can Honda sustain their trump card of engine + design + reliability, without reaching more people; others aren't too far IMHO; VW's TSI + DSG is a proof. Lets see their sales figures in the forthcoming months and future launches.

Would LE version be at a premium to V model? Any expected price indication.

Honda can not let C segment king lose, can they? It is the sole bread winner for the family with Jazz/Civic/Accord/CRV showing no sign of selling the numbers Honda wished for.

I think that is a nice move from Honda, but this makes me brood as I have a 3 months old VMT ANHC and I feel short changed by Rs [Inssurance and Rear sensors]/-

Honda not fair on latest buyers.

Quote:

They don't need to worry about Vento. Just having a VW badge (yes, read GTO's review thoroughly) won't create too much dent into Honda's market unless and until people start thinking that anything from West is superior.

Of course they need to worry about the Vento. It might be lacking a few horses when compared to Honda City, but it has the solid German build, better road dynamics and a dedicated service network. In terms of features also Vento is far ahead(Linea wins hands down here) where as Honda City is the most stripped down sedan in this segment. Also the Vento doesn't have a historic baggage of poor service which is throttling the sales of the Linea despite it being a fantastic product. In my opinion the Vento has already surpassed Honda City when compared car for car. And if Honda can ride the haloed badge effect for so long, why not VW? it is already perceived as a premium brand here.

Quote:

What do you mean by saying it will go the Linea way? I mean where did the Linea go? For a brand with such a brilliant product but still fighting to shed the historic image of poor service (although I would say repeatedly that now it is comparable to any other brand's service), Linea is doing respectable numbers.

Quote:

Well now there is the Vento and shortly the T-Jet to give it competition.

Quote:

Just having a VW badge (yes, read GTO's review thoroughly) won't create too much dent into Honda's market unless and until people start thinking that anything from West is superior.

You are right! Everything from West is not superior. But then everything from Honda is not superior, either.

Vento going Linea way and German engines blah blah.... Any personal grouse against German and European cars?

Yes, some other car to give some tough fight to City is petrol Cruze. Cruze is sooooo stylish. I find it sportier looking then even Beemers. If only people see beyond Honda badge!

For all reasons to arrest the fall is the sales Honda could just think was bringing the Limited Editions. It is a sheer joke that adding a few accessories to the existing costly City and Jazz in the guise of Limited Edition is going to incease the sales figures.

Just imagine a City in its basic avatar costs Rs 10L+ in Thane. keeping the same price and adding a few gizmos, would the City sell. I doubt that since the consumer would definitely look for VFM Limited editions of the Fiesta, Aveos, Optras etc where the price cut is too tempting to resist.

BTW there is another thread for the Special edition city
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...l-edition.html

@UKR, @pgsagar
You guys have got bkbkr1212's post wrong. What actually meant was superior Linea (including both Diesel & Petrol) does about 1/5th sales of ANHC. Based on history, Vento is likely to do the same. But as they say, history may not repeat itself.

Getting back, ANHC is consistently doing over 4Ks. I am very interested to see Oct sales and check the effect of this new version.