Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2010, 11:34   #31
BHPian

Still assimilating this bad news. Had been to BU Bhandari to mend a small dent on my Fiat Punto E+. Felt horrified hearing that BU Bhandari will be a Volkswagen dealership soon. BU has been associated with aTata for a long time and have the best workshop and technicians for Fiat.

This is what I gathered from the service advisor- BU Bhandari will continue servicing Fiat vehicles but as a normal garage.THey wont be entertaining any warranty issues and free servicings. All spare parts will be procured by them through authorised dealers. Also heard that Tata have given 3 more dealerships in Pune, 1 of them being Millenium Motors, Wakdewadi which is currently a Maruti Suzuki dealership.

Felt sad hearing the best workshop for fiat shutting down as an authorised service station. Have left with no choice but to get my Punto serviced from Pandit Automotive.

Have started feelin apprehensive bout it already....any views ....fellow Pune TBhpians?
Old 21st November 2010, 12:31   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
There is another dealer coming up in Bibwewadi (Satara road) area. I am not aware of the name of this dealer though.
Bibwewadi (Satara road) near Big Bazaar area could be Shinde Motors; they already have been Authorised Service center in association with Pandit Auto.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 21st November 2010 at 12:32.
Old 25th November 2010, 22:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors loses 2 top dealers to rival cos-img_0857-large.jpg

Don't understand what to make out of these advertisements published in today's edition of local daily 'Sakal'.

Advt. on left is about Fiat diesel engine & vehicles and as expected has Pandit Auto as dealer in Pune. Advt. to its immediate right is about BUB servicing Tata & Fiat vehicles.
Does this mean that BUB will continue to service Tata & Fiat vehicles in spite of new dealership for a German car maker?
Old 25th November 2010, 22:50   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Does this mean that BUB will continue to service Tata & Fiat vehicles in spite of new dealership for a German car maker?
I suspect their bid for VW dealership didn't come through as expected, especially considering my conversation several weeks ago with the manager there. If so, they lost out on the T-jet excitement to Pandit Motors.
Old 8th December 2010, 17:03   #35
BHPian

B U Bhandari ending Tata dealership in Pune ??

My friend got a letter from BuB that B U Bhandari is terminating the Tata-Fiat dealership . They are taking up VW dealership in Pune . I am yet still to get such letter . But what he said that the letter specifies ending Tata dealership no mention of Fiat anywhere.

Can somebody confirm this ? If this is true then Pandit will be the sole dealer for Tata in Pune and everybody is aware of their service.

--Vikrant
Old 8th December 2010, 17:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

Re: B U Bhandari ending Tata dealership in Pune ??

Yes, it has been discussed in news as well as on this forum.
Old 28th December 2010, 22:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

Look at the audacity!! I've got a SMS from BuB soliciting I continue to service (only paid) my Safari with them. Clearly, as Volkswagen will not bring the service volume what Tata used to give them they have started to feel the pinch. Their huge workshops and over 300 men would be underutilized. They should have known and analyzed this before severing ties with Tata-Fiat.

-BJ
Old 28th December 2010, 23:22   #38
BHPian

Pandit Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Attachment 459306

Don't understand what to make out of these advertisements published in today's edition of local daily 'Sakal'.

Advt. on left is about Fiat diesel engine & vehicles and as expected has Pandit Auto as dealer in Pune. Advt. to its immediate right is about BUB servicing Tata & Fiat vehicles.

Some days before i visited Pandit Auto for my new vehicle.

I am sorry to say that....i never faced that type of service in my life.
I visited both their showroom, Tilak road and pimpri. Same situation at both place.

I waited their around 45 mins and no one even attained me.

They are not interested to sell SAFARI to customer. I got the price list after asking 2-3 times at reception.
Forget about the test drive. The Sales Representative even dont bother to give me any tech details about the SAFARi. He was pushing me to buy a MANZA.

Now Pandit auto will do the monopoly in pune. No their attitude is like "Take It OR Leave IT "

So right now i dropped the idea for a new TATA SUV till another Dealer appointed by TATA.
Old 28th December 2010, 23:42   #39
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors loses 2 top dealers to rival cos

A few weeks ago, I got a call in the middle of a meeting from a lady claiming to be from the "new" TML dealer in town, Mahalaxmi Motors I think. Since I was in the middle of something , I politely told her that I am not interested in Tata vehicles at the moment, and hung up.
Anybody else got calls ?
Old 29th December 2010, 00:57   #40
BHPian

Re: Pandit Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Some days before i visited Pandit Auto for my new vehicle.

I am sorry to say that....i never faced that type of service in my life.
I visited both their showroom, Tilak road and pimpri. Same situation at both place.

I waited their around 45 mins and no one even attained me.

They are not interested to sell SAFARI to customer. I got the price list after asking 2-3 times at reception.
Forget about the test drive. The Sales Representative even dont bother to give me any tech details about the SAFARi. He was pushing me to buy a MANZA.

Now Pandit auto will do the monopoly in pune. No their attitude is like "Take It OR Leave IT "

So right now i dropped the idea for a new TATA SUV till another Dealer appointed by TATA.
In this case the dealer seems to have determined that it is easier to sell fast moving Manza and Vista rather than SAFARI. And this is exactly the kind of stuff you may want to report to TML customer support. Then if TML is really serious they should send a SAFARI to your place for test drive.
Old 29th December 2010, 09:18   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Look at the audacity!! I've got a SMS from BuB soliciting I continue to service (only paid) my Safari with them. Clearly, as Volkswagen will not bring the service volume what Tata used to give them they have started to feel the pinch. Their huge workshops and over 300 men would be underutilized. They should have known and analyzed this before severing ties with Tata-Fiat.

-BJ
Their wakad service station continues to be FIAT-tata exclusive with no plans of that changing

My palio went there this week for a slave clutch cylinder replacement,The service rates continue to be the same and they even picked up/dropped it home for free

too bad for the FIATIANS still in warranty,they lose out on a excellent service option
Old 29th December 2010, 10:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pandit Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
They are not interested to sell SAFARI to customer...
Now Pandit auto will do the monopoly in pune. ...
Escalate to Tata motors directly. Their customer support email and number is on their website. They do respond to customers'/prospective customers' emails. Otherwise PM me, I have the number of Tata Motors customer support engineer for Pune region.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 29th December 2010 at 10:24. Reason: minor addition to the message
Old 29th December 2010, 11:06   #43
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Look at the audacity!!
What is so audacious about the SMS? If I were a Tata or Fiat car owner, I'd be delighted! After all, BU Bhandari has an excellent reputation on the forum, with many BHPians voting for their service quality.
Old 29th December 2010, 12:27   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What is so audacious about the SMS?
GTO, I had purchased the Safari from them and it is less than 2 years old. Hence, they would better know from their records that it is still under TML warranty. Plus, I've another 2 years extended warranty. They can't do warranty repairs and their servicing had no meaning to TML now, still they want me to have my car serviced with them!

Plus, my experience says they are better than others as we do not have a good choice here. Best among the devils is still a devil. They haven't been able to solve most issues in one go. Something or the other was missing and I had to revisit for same issue. The last instance in mind is pilot door handle/latch replacement. They forgot to connect back the unlock lever and I could not open the door from inside after they changed the door handle. Small thing, but shows their lack of interest in what they do. With that kind of service I'll not want to forgo my warranty and continue to go to them.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 29th December 2010 at 12:29. Reason: typo and minor addition
Old 30th December 2010, 14:38   #45
BHPian

BU bhandari

BU bhandari now has the VW logo put up at its Abhimanshree dealership.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks