Team-BHP - Renault Koleos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Renault Koleos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/91203-renault-koleos.html)

Today's Hindu Metro Plus has an article of Renault Koleos SUV comes with estimated price 15 Lakhs.
The Hindu : Metro Plus Chennai / Wheels : It's a big world

http://www.renault.co.in/cars/koleos/overview.html

Please share some additional information.

Given all the bells and whistles that the Koleos is supposed to come with, unless it comes into India as a CKD and gets assembled here, there is NO WAY it can meet the pricing mentioned. It looks like a nice compact and complete package as an Urban SUV. It shares its engine with the Nissan X Trail so I guess the consumer would consider this vehicle instead of the overpriced Nissan X Trail.

Plus if it is going to hit India at 15 lacs the price in Bangalore would probably be around 18 ish on road. This will be fiddling about like almost all the new breed of SUV's, in "expensive-ish territory" - as competition to the Skoda Yeti, the Hyundai Tucson (though that is out of the market now), the Ford Endy etc etc.

And given Renault's current reputation/ cachet in India with their being known only for the Logan with the Taxi image, I am not sure about how the consumer will react to their 15-18 lac SUV!

Ultimately, to echo the statement made in today's Hindu, everything hinges on PRICE in our country. Price to Value equation is ALL IMPORTANT as per our DNA.

The sooner that manufacturers/ brands realize and act upon this simple insight, the better they will gain!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aks_karthik (Post 2119782)
Today's Hindu Metro Plus has an article of Renault Koleos SUV comes with estimated price 15 Lakhs.
The Hindu : Metro Plus Chennai / Wheels : It's a big world

Renault Koleos - 4x4 - Renault India Koleos

Please share some additional information.

Why dont manufacturers do there homework in this segment before releasing there cars with obnoxious price tags?Its as if they just want to use the SUV space to show off their flagship without caring much about sales.

Koleos wont sell much if its priced 18 l on road,its hardly any bigger than the Yeti,and nor does renault have the build quality or the brand name(it still holds a premium even after the *** fiasco) of the skoda.

Also isnt the Koleos set for a replacement worldwide?

@avishar - The Koleos looks like a good package. And yes, hopefully it will be priced around Rs 15 lakhs if Renault assembles it here. The 150bhp diesel it is coming with whould work well too.

Koleos was introduced globally only in 2008. Considering a 5 year lifecycle, replacement is still 3 years away.

Koleos at best can be termed as modest in exterior looks.

@Shankar...

Bingo. To shed of the Taxi image of Logan, the REnault brand will have to do a lot of leg work.

Then again, the 15-17 Lac SUV range is seeing some action more so with the latest entrant the Skoda Yeti.

I genuinely doubt if the Koleos launch can salvage some pride for Renault.

Renault KOLEOS will come into India as SKD assembled , so the price tag of 15 lakhs is very much possible . this will come in end 2011 as second product for renault , the first being the FLUENCE sedan in May 2011 .

the autocar review KOLEOS clearly states that this is well engineered SUV and there is no word on it looks department . And we can clearly see that lookwise it cannot match CAPTIVA and CR-V .

But come on guys , with only LOGAN in our mind , we need not write off RENAULT . They look to be very serious in thier plans these days even though i feel that they are couple of years late in all thier products which are scheduled .

DUSTER , which is planned in 2012 , is one hell of a budget SUV , as you all will be aware , this is a DACIA product and renault is bringing this for sure here . recently laucned in europe , this SUV entertains a waiting period of 4-5 months .

So RENAULT is coming back strongly , atleast by seeing thier product line up .

According to indianautosblog, koleos was spied testing in chennai! Seems like the product schedule of renault is on time.

I hope its the facelifted one they bringing to India and not the ugly pre facelift car.

Looks like soon they will have more cars on their brochure than the number of dealers they have in the country! Some body remind them - when they make cars the general idea is to sell them. duh!

OMG! Superb! This is what I like about our forum. There we are discussing the possible '5 launches' by Renault in another thread and here the test Koleos pops-up! clap:

Pricing will be key for the Koleos' success in India, given the fact that it was a dud in the European market.

I agree with Gooney, even Fluence is also a not so super successful model in Renault lineup.
Lets hope that Renault will offer this car with better engines, better Interiors for Diesel variant & properly configured Driver controls as per RHD configuration

Good to know about Koleos testing car pic. Hope they launch it soon with intelligent pricing as the competition in the market is really heating up with Force motors SUV also coming this weekend i heard.
Nissan is really serious about the Indian Market. way to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fz_rider (Post 2419802)
According to indianautosblog, koleos was spied testing in chennai! Seems like the product schedule of renault is on time.

+1 to that. Looks like it is on schedule.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cents (Post 2419937)
Looks like soon they will have more cars on their brochure than the number of dealers they have in the country! Some body remind them - when they make cars the general idea is to sell them. duh!

They are set for an expansion of dealers as we speak. They seem committed, 100 dealers by 2012.

Fluence has sold 290 units in its first month. So maybe you are underestimating their capabilities.

ICB has reported spy pictures of Renault Koleos doing rounds in Chennai. Here is the link:

Renault Koleos Crossover SUV caught testing at Chennai! | IndianCarsBikes.in

Hi BHPian's!
Here is some interesting info I found on the AutocarIndia website about the India bound Renault Koleos, thought to share with you all.
here's the info as it is from AutocarIndia's website:

We've got our hands on the first ever spy pictures of the India-bound Renault Koleos SUV. Our reader Charls Raj spotted the Koleos being tested with badges covered in Chennai.

As evident from the pictures, this is the facelifted car with a redesigned front end, making the new Koleos feel much more modern. We drove the Koleos in Europe last year and found it a capable and luxurious crossover. The Koleos is powered by a 2-litre, 150bhp all-aluminum common-rail diesel engine with variable valve timing. This is the same M9R unit that powers the X-Trail, coupled with a six-speed manual transmission. This diesel motor, like in the X-trail, is quite rev-happy with lots of punch once you cross 2000rpm.

The interior fit and finish is not upto German standards, but there’s a solidity to the interiors that is a cut above its Korean peers. The plastics are hardwearing, the switchgear feels solid and the vents don’t flap around. The trim feels tightly screwed down and hence rattles are unlikely to creep in, which bodes well for extended use.

Renault will launch the Koleos later this year; prices are expected to be in the range of Rs 16-18 lakh.

Some pics:

P.S: the source for this info is :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE :: and I haven't made any changes in the info.
Mods, if you feel that this thread already exists then kindly merge with the existing thread. Thanks.