Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2010, 23:45   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I guess this is a way to free up the ZEN brand for something that justice to the original that created that brand.

The association with this monobox has actually put a dent in the terrific recall of the ZEN name. So finally the Monobox has been named just Estilo. Should have been from the start.

Cervo could be launched as new ZEN given that the ZEN was the Cervo-Mode (4th generation) of its time.
Absolutely! Bring in the Cervo and lets see how the other cutie,the spark, handles it! MUL should have long ago launched the Cervo as Zen.
Old 16th November 2010, 14:08   #77
BHPian

IMO its not Zen Estillo, as it has allready gone through a facelift recently and i think word "Zen" has been dropped. It does not make sense to put so much of effforts to generate a euphoria for a brand relaunch. (Relaunches are more foccused on additional new features, shapes etc.. etc..)

So what can it be, maybe Maruti "Alive" possibly a cervo launch is around the corner. The brochure & the "estillo.swf" file name can be a distraction.
Old 16th November 2010, 14:20   #78
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yuck all this excercise for the Estillo. Zen or no Zen, it was / is one mistake that has killed the zen brand, I don't think they will be able to use Zen again, and for Estillo the lesser said the better.
Old 16th November 2010, 14:53   #79
BHPian

+1 to ACM.

I find it difficult to understand Maruti's vision. For example, why kill a successful brand like zen which had great recall? And the replacement has no full blown top end variant either (just compare it with the new i10!)
Market Share wise, Maruti is the pinnacle a car company can hope to ever touch in any country across the globe. Maybe that's why they can afford to toy with lousy ideas just to see in case something works out to boost Estilo sales figures. God knows what their rationale is.
This teaser website has only increased expectations from Maruti (Read: Jimny, Kizashi, et al) and most people clearly appear disappointed now.
Old 23rd November 2010, 16:10   #80
Senior - BHPian

Btw, I read in yesterday's paper that the "Estilo" ranges now starts from INR 2.95 L onwards.

Thanks!
Old 23rd November 2010, 16:30   #81
BHPian

Didnt expect Maruti to do this.I was hoping for the next level high end sedan.
Old 23rd November 2010, 16:54   #82
Senior - BHPian

That's the bare bones no PW no PS no AC version. Normal usable version is in the range of 3.5 only.
Old 23rd November 2010, 17:13   #83
Senior - BHPian

Agreed. However, I am sure that there would be some people who might consider that version too. Not everyone wants an Eeco, eh?
Old 24th November 2010, 10:40   #84
Senior - BHPian

The TV commercials for 'new' Estilo are being aired. And to me it looks like they have made some mods to the exteriors - height reduced a bit, width increased a bit etc which makes the car a wee bit better to look at. Is this actually the case or just my feeling? The Estilo website does not mention anything about any exterior changes.
Old 24th November 2010, 12:12   #85
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely nothing is new. Not the interiors, not the exteriors, except the robots. Checked both the old and new brochures.
Old 24th November 2010, 17:48   #86
BHPian

Actually problem with estilo that no one has noticed this car since very first model so it is difficult to identify the little difference in tin shell MSIL has made this time.
BTW why (how) VXI version is 20mm wider than Lxi & Lx
Old 24th November 2010, 18:02   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Actually problem with estilo that no one has noticed this car since very first model so it is difficult to identify the little difference in tin shell MSIL has made this time.
BTW why (how) VXI version is 20mm wider than Lxi & Lx
I think that might be due to ORVM as they are electric and have cover on them which protrude a bit, else there is no such difference in Lxi and Vxi
Old 24th November 2010, 18:32   #88
Senior - BHPian

Nope. The VXi is 20mm wider because of the rubber strips that it has on the sides.
Old 14th December 2010, 12:53   #89
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki's new teaser website. EDIT : It's the Estilo!

Maruti has couriered me a T-shirt for participating in that stupid teaser challenge. Maybe to cool down angered folks
Old 14th December 2010, 14:30   #90
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki's new teaser website. EDIT : It's the Estilo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Maruti has couriered me a T-shirt for participating in that stupid teaser challenge. Maybe to cool down angered folks
I got one too black color right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks