Team-BHP - Nano Upgrade coming soon. *UPDATE* Launched! Details on Page 12
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Nano Upgrade coming soon. *UPDATE* Launched! Details on Page 12 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/93585-nano-upgrade-coming-soon-update-launched-details-page-12-a-11.html)

Looks like there a 3 bhp increase too. clap:Read the below tweet from Hormazd
Quote:

Upgraded Nano coming soon. Power up frm 35 to 38bhp, better seats, lighter steering, v.efficient-25kpl. Same price! This cud turn it around
Wonder why TATA is delaying the diesel model. This is the BEST time to bring it in and grab all those extra sales due to the rising petrol costs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 2582039)
This is the BEST time to bring it in and grab all those extra sales due to the rising petrol costs.

Petrol price will always keep going up! Any time for a D is the best time!

Off-topic:
Quote:

Originally Posted by man_and_machine (Post 2582053)
Petrol price will always keep going up! Any time for a D is the best time!

NOT really. Right now is better since the government has not put additional taxes on diesel cars [in majority of the states]. Once that's done, people may not find much sense in buying a car at all - especially the target market which the Nano is primarily aimed at.

The Nano has now been tweaked for the better mechanically and cosmetically but the real tweak should be in their marketing communications. One thing they should do is junk all those folks who worked on them and start with a clean slate. With the increase in mileage figures (expecting it to be marginally higher to the Indica cousins albeit in decimals), it can be the center point of the new campaign as the -

India's Most Fuel Efficient Car rather than the cheapest car. They should bump up the touch points even in cities and introduce more authorized service stations catering exclusively to Nano. Hope Tata wakes up atleast now!!

Is there any CNG/LPG option in the newer Nano?

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplyself (Post 2582288)
Is there any CNG/LPG option in the newer Nano?

No, there are no out of the factory options. If at all needed, an aftermarket kit through an authorized installer is an option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 2582299)
No, there are no out of the factory options. If at all needed, an aftermarket kit through an authorized installer is an option.

I doubt there is enough space for the gas tank in the stock Nano. Petrol tank, I am told, is a measly 15 litres capacity, though I do not know that for sure.

Another disappointment in the nano besides quality issues are the engine NVH levels . Once that prob is solved things will surely improve . The 800 engine purrs for god'd sake and it is a 3 pot .Al least match that .

akhilesh51,

Do TATA offer the black interiors in the LX trim as well?

Also, any information about the launch date for the nano Diesel?

Sad to know that Noen Rush color is available only in the CX trim (with black interiors). IMHO, the black interiors shown in the picture gives the car an upmarket feel.

Also, TATA should have provided a lockable glove box. Buyers won't mind paying a few hundreds for a lockable glove box, at least in a small size that can store toll receipts and a few coins.

One thing that breaks my head is, why don't TATA offer a black exterior body color in the nano. Moreover, TATA is removing the black color in all its cars one by one :Frustrati. They removed it from Vista, followed by Manza, and recently in the indigo eCS. I agree that it is a pain to maintain, but a lover of black color will be very well aware of it before he buys a black car. Even TATA can charge a premium for black shade and command a waiting period, like how Chevy and FIAT demand a premium for Beat and Punto for some metallic shades.

I have plans of buying a Vista VX QJD in near future and I am really disappointed that TATA does not offer it in Black color.

Hope some one from TATA Motors will read this and act accordingly please:.

Ladies and gentlemen, the website is all updated :)

TATA NANO

about the front tyre size. i have been seeing Nano with bigger front tyres from last 2 months. i dont know when they started providing bigger tyres

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 2583859)
about the front tyre size. i have been seeing Nano with bigger front tyres from last 2 months. i dont know when they started providing bigger tyres

The new 2012 Nano website has specifications which says the same old tyre sizes as in the previous Nano:
Front Tyre size 135/70 R12
Rear Tyre size 155/65 R12
Spare Tyre size 135/70 R12

So, as some one pointed out earlier, the official studio pics have same size tyres only for aesthetic purpose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bottom Torque (Post 2583881)
The new 2012 Nano website has specifications which says the same old tyre sizes as in the previous Nano:
Front Tyre size 135/70 R12
Rear Tyre size 155/65 R12
Spare Tyre size 135/70 R12

So, as some one pointed out earlier, the official studio pics have same size tyres only for aesthetic purpose.

dont know what is exactly the tyre size on the paper. but if you carefully see recently sold nanos , you can see front tyre is similar to rear one. a year old nano was not like this.

Wow! Didn't know that Nano had the same GC as the Scorpio!! Surely they can make it a bit lower to 170/165 considering the short wheelbase. That could significantly reduce the body roll??

Is there any chance of fitting the new features on old nanos; atleast on the steering and suspension department? TATA PLEASE!!!! please:
We don't want to live as guinea pigs :Frustrati