Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2010, 09:13   #16
BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra to become cheaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
IMO Nissan might remove the std. Airbag feature from the new base variant and this along with increased component localization could result in a lower price tag.
If it's only those two I doubt if they will bring a Japanese team over here. It also mentions "engineering changes".

I hope they don't cut corners in the name of reduced prices. One thing I notice with manufacturers is- in their ongoing quest for cost reduction they remove what they feel is not necessary or mandated. For example a source in a auto company told me that during one iteration of cost reduction in a mid-sized car they removed safety features like 'Knee pads' (forgive me if the name is incorrect!) which prevents knee injury for driver in case of an accident. From the company's sales perspective this is not a advertisable feature nor is it mandated by the government and they find it convenient to skip them in India.
Old 24th December 2010, 09:53   #17
BHPian

I don't think we should read too much into this. I believe this is an exercise to reduce their internal costs. This does not mean that they will pass the benefits to the consumer. Have you ever observed any car manufacturer actually reducing prices except for standard discounts which are generally an eyewash
Old 24th December 2010, 11:15   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Financial express prints any & everything. Classic example of "news for the sake of news". Every car launched in India increases its localisation level with time. What's new? A brand like Nissan cannot decrease the ex-showroom prices as it would kill the goodwill. Plus, the petrol variants are decently priced anyways. Lastly, remember that the manufacturing cost today has little to do with showroom pricing. The manufacturer always charges the "most" he thinks that the customer will pay for the car, keeping in mind of course their intended sales targets, market share and the like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
When going in for a car for my wife, I kicked myself as I completely forgot about this car
A problem that most new brands suffer from....poor recall when it counts.
Old 24th December 2010, 12:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A problem that most new brands suffer from....poor recall when it counts.
The poor recall is also due to the wafer thin dealer network. one doesnt see the car much around in town, either in the showroom and subsequently lesser on the street. I have TDed a couple of cars purely because I saw them in the showrooms on my daily route. of course, this was in the pre tbhp days

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks