Team-BHP - No more ZEN for Zen Lovers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   No more ZEN for Zen Lovers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9419-no-more-zen-zen-lovers.html)

Hi,

According to the lates news i heared MUL will stop the production of Zen in March 2006 and they will be launching a brand new car in the second half of 2006.

News Source: NDTV India, Aaj Tak and Zee News.

:)

About time, I should say.

Its not because its a bad car - I simply loved the zen when it came out around 10 years back. Sure, it was cramped, but the looks & the zippy engine were a refreshing change from the 800 back then.

MUL hasnt tasted much success from the new face-lifted zen launched last year - it looks almost ugly and the interiors have become worse. Its better to give the wonderful car a decent burial, rather than have it die slowly due to competition.

I always liked the looks of the old zen. The current facelifted one failed to impress me and definitely needs a replacement. MUL has to learn that they cannot make a product better just by changing the head/back lights and the grill. I would say, even the Esteem needs a replacement.

yep, they really need a replacement.
but which model will be the replacement of Zen?

I owned a used 1st-batcher for about 2 years - 62k to 82k. And it was a pocket rocket - slot her into 3rd and sing along. Will never forget the Trivandrum to Blore 12.5 hour trip, even tho it really struggled beyond the 90s (both ways)
It was a very 'maintainable' car (which my City isn't , courtesy Honda). Dents were always taken care of the following weekend without any dents in the pocket, and even the struts replacement, and rack and pinion and clutch job cost little.
Wherever, u are, dinky little KA03M7120, I miss you.

And guess what.. just today a Marketing guy from MUL from Gurgaon called me over long distance.. if I am interested to swap my old Zen with the New Zen with a 10k discount thrown in. They are clearing their inventories I guess

Quote:

Originally Posted by protege
And guess what.. just today a Marketing guy from MUL from Gurgaon called me over long distance.. if I am interested to swap my old Zen with the New Zen with a 10k discount thrown in. They are clearing their inventories I guess

Dont even think of swapping your old zen for new. The old zen is a rocket. The new zen's slightly different design has spoiled the aerodynamics. Better enjoy your old zen..

The Zen was the best small car around when it was launched. Of late, however, it has been outclassed. It's about time a more modern car replaces it.

I dont think the zen need a replacement anyways. MUL would probably bring the 1.1 engine back in the ALTO and that would be it.
P.S - So finally the M800 outlived the ZEN :)

most of the best things in favor of zen have been lost,once it used to be the most peppy car in the segment,it was a great handler but now benchmarks have shifted further maruti has tuned the suspension and changed tyres to 12" in favor of ride quality robbing the car of its handling,the facelift has robbed it of cute looks,zen feels too outdated to be sold in 2006.bye bye zen...............

I simply loved the Zen when it was launched.... mainly coz I was bored at looking at the 800.... Then new Zen didn't really live up to the my expectations..... kind of wanted more from it..... Hearing the news... I'm glad but at the same time, am a bit sad to know that my one of my favourite cars is going ......

well being an ardent zen fan myself its sad to hear that MUL is planning to discontinue it,which brings to the front that which car is competant enough to replace the zen from the MUL stable..are we going to see the IGNIS make its way then..

i want it to be replaced and become a legend rather than be sold here like ambassador and being made a joke of............

i say, replace the damn little car ! its outdated and doesn't deserve single penny.

High Time! Looks like change is in the air at MUL. Perhaps they may even (sacrilage!) discontinue the Esteem....

M800 will continue selling, no matter what.