Team-BHP - Maruti plans to launch / update seven models in 2011-12?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti plans to launch / update seven models in 2011-12? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/94387-maruti-plans-launch-update-seven-models-2011-12-a.html)

Source: Maruti to launch seven models | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos

According to this report, the following are the models:

Kizashi
SX4 diesel
New swift
New Dzire based on new swift platform- will be sub 4-meter in length (if true, it may give some consolation compared to the current boot integration)
MPV based on RIII concept
Diesel variant of gypsy or compact SUV (might be Jimny wagon)
Another small car in the alto segment. Cervo?

Hmmm...I got a newsletter from cardekho talking about the Kizashi launch in Jan 2011. Somehow I doubt it. For one, the car is "expected to be priced between 10-12 lakhs". This is a car expected to take it to the Camrys and Accords. At half the price? Something tells me No.

And somehow these "upcoming launches" reports end up only half true (was reading a thread of 2010 launches started same time last year and barely half of them have seen the light of day). Considering the way Toyota and VW are struggling making their " already launched" models available, I somehow doubt we shall see cars that are still pre-production that swiftly (no pun intended) on our roads!

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 2190808)
Source: Maruti to launch seven models | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos

Kizashi
SX4 diesel
New swift
New Dzire based on new swift platform- will be sub 4-meter in length (if true, it may give some consolation compared to the current boot integration)
MPV based on RIII concept
Diesel variant of gypsy or compact SUV (might be Jimny wagon)
Another small car in the alto segment. Cervo?

I am all ears..Any possibility of independent suspension ??

No wonder there is a huge discount on the SX4 inventory

Cheers

MPV based on RIII concept- Is it going to be a traditional ladder on chassis RWD MPV with diesel engine or probably a monocoque 7 seater stationwagon?
Diesel variant of gypsy or compact SUV(might be Jimny wagon)- Can't wait to see it, a Jimny with multijet engine(maybe) will be a dream come true with a price under 6 lakhs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 2190837)
Hmmm...I got a newsletter from cardekho talking about the Kizashi launch in Jan 2011. Somehow I doubt it. For one, the car is "expected to be priced between 10-12 lakhs". This is a car expected to take it to the Camrys and Accords. At half the price? Something tells me No.

Considering the way Toyota and VW are struggling making their " already launched" models available, I somehow doubt we shall see cars that are still pre-production that swiftly (no pun intended) on our roads!

In the US the Kizashi competes with the likes of Civic, Altima,Corolla, Jetta etc. the Accord, Camry are a different class/segment.

Suzuki aka Maruti are in different league compared to the others in India. They have new plants at various stages of completion within the Manesar complex. The vendors are also in line with the ramp up projects. Once MUL sets a date they will make sure of the availability. It is another story altogether if the demand outstrips the projections made by the marketing teams.

Good to see you here Khoj !! Agree with you completely :)
And I'm dying to get my hands on a Kizashi !

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 2190808)
New Dzire based on new swift platform- will be sub 4-meter in length (if true, it may give some consolation compared to the current boot integration.

That would make it even more ugly and will beat Ritz's rear in terms of ugliness!!

For the sake of getting some idea how that will look like.
Swift: Overall Length (mm) 3760

DZire: Overall Length (mm) 4160
Current Boot: 400mm
New Boot: 240mm

Indica V2: Overall Length (mm) 3690
Indigo CS: Overall Length (mm) 3988
Boot: 298mm

IMO, Indigo CS look just Ok or slightly less then Ok with that boot size, imagine how Swift DZire will look like :eek:

I don't think new DZire will be sub 4mtrs. I wish its not!

If they can price the kizashi between 10-12L that would a brilliant deal. Does it come with diesel power? Anyway unless priced very competitively Maruti will find going difficult as it will be pitted directly against some very good Jap and German cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammerHead (Post 2190987)
That would make it even more ugly and will beat Ritz's rear in terms of ugliness!!

I don't think new DZire will be sub 4mtrs. I wish its not!

Current D'Zire owners will find solace in the fact that their car is still desirable. A sub 4m swift sedan is UnDZireable. Much like Verna v/s Verna Transform.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 2190937)
In the US the Kizashi competes with the likes of Civic, Altima,Corolla, Jetta etc. the Accord, Camry are a different class/segment.

Hey what do I know? This is what the website says:

Quote:

Maruti Kizashi is a sports sedan which is powered by a J24B 2.4 litre petrol engine, 4 cylinder, DOHC. The D-segment car's powertrain is capable of producing peak power of 185 hp at 6,500 rpm (Manual Transmission) and 180 hp at 6,000 rpm (continuously Variable Transmission). The maximum torque from the engine is 170 Nm at 4,000 rpm in both type of transmission.
Maruti Kizashi is supposed to compete with Honda Accord and Toyota Carmy in India. The yet-to-launch Maruti Kizashi is reported to be little shorter than Honda Accord and Toyota Carmy but wider than latter.

Link: Maruti Kizashi in India - Maruti Kizashi Price, Maruti Kizashi Reviews | CarDekho.com

Edit: The waiting time for a Swift is around 4-6 months. Just sayin'!

I recently read an Article that Suzuki wont be able to meet their demands until end of 2011. I am not sure when these cars are going to come out, but considering the demand and supply problem Suzuki is currently facing, I am not sure if they will be able to absorb the demand if they release new cars like Swift 2011/Cervo , before their new plants are ready.

The Suzuki Jimny coming to India?

Would be a wonderful to news to so many Gypsy enthusiasts for a modern day version of the car.Although the present model is already a decade old,still it looks good.

Maruti can get the tooling and all from Japan maybe and start production here,creating a niche and cashing in on the increasing sales of SUVs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSelect (Post 2190973)
Good to see you here Khoj !! Agree with you completely :)
And I'm dying to get my hands on a Kizashi !

The feeling is mutual SuperSelect and man I am missing 'Mathura ki Gulabo' ;)
Meanwhile in a deep dark corner of my brain a plan to sell off the 9 month old Blue Streak is taking shape. I want to get my hands on one of the early CBU units.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 2191091)
Hey what do I know? This is what the website says:
Link: New Cars, New Car Prices, New Cars 2010, India Car, New Car India | CarDekho.com

Not an issue noopster, one is as good as one's source. Actually to be fair the guy who scripted the article at cardekho is confused by Suzuki's devilish marketing strategy. See starting at 18000$ and topping of at $28K they are offering a vehicle which is loaded to the gills and dimensionally sits between the Corolla and the Camry to give an example. Now this has confused a lot of people. There are reviews in the US itself where people are calling the AWD version an A4 killer for $10K less. Here in our markets such a thought would be considered sacrilege. However going by the pricing and the actual sales talk at the dealerships it becomes clear that the Suzuki is competing with the 2Cs, Mazda3, ford focus, VW Jetta etc etc in the heart of mid size sedan turf.

Just wait for the car's actual launch and then see a whole lot of confused people ala cardekho jump from the categories above to this one simply because it has the dimensions since here the bigger the classier. What ever happens the fact remains that the Kizashi is out and out a drivers car, the rear seat along with its occupants and their fat pockets be d@#&*d.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 2190837)

I guess Kizashi will be launched in Jan / Feb 2011. Initially it is going to be a CBU - So expect the prices to be around 18 lakhs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 2190935)
Diesel variant of gypsy or compact SUV(might be Jimny wagon)- Can't wait to see it, a Jimny with multijet engine(maybe) will be a dream come true with a price under 6 lakhs.

I seriously hope they make a good 4x4 out of this - Also a daily quotes that they are looking at a 4 door version of Jimny ! But pricing, will it be under 6 lakhs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARKled (Post 2190988)
If they can price the kizashi between 10-12L that would a brilliant deal. Does it come with diesel power? Anyway unless priced very competitively Maruti will find going difficult as it will be pitted directly against some very good Jap and German cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RROD (Post 2191099)
I recently read an Article that Suzuki wont be able to meet their demands until end of 2011. I am not sure when these cars are going to come out, but considering the demand and supply problem Suzuki is currently facing, I am not sure if they will be able to absorb the demand if they release new cars like Swift 2011/Cervo , before their new plants are ready.

I guess these launches will be happening only by 2012 [Jimny, new MPV, small car etc].

What is going to launch within this year are Kizahi [Jan / Feb], New Swift & Dzire [between April / July] as per a daily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 2191151)
Meanwhile in a deep dark corner of my brain a plan to sell off the 9 month old Blue Streak is taking shape. I want to get my hands on one of the early CBU units.

So are you referring to the Fiesta 1.6S Aquarius Blue? It will be the best deal to get hold of the CBUs. I am sure the quality will be really good since its going to be imported.

A Gypsy upgrade has been long due, good thing if Maruti is really going to do it. Bad news for Mahindra if its for real.