Team-BHP - Skoda Laura TSi Classic launched at Rs.12.25Lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Skoda Laura TSi Classic launched at Rs.12.25Lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/95167-skoda-laura-tsi-classic-launched-rs-12-25lakh-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunsonu (Post 2374486)
@santoshbhat : check your VIN number for the date of manufacturing of your car. My friend got his car last week and it had fog lights. When i checked the VIN number. found out that the car was manufactured in june 2010 while delivery was may 2011..

I did check the VIN no. of the car before accepting delivery. The date of manufacture as per the VIN is April 2011. This car was not one they had in stock and arrived from Skoda plant just four days before I took delivery. I inspected the car at their workshop on the same day it arrived from the factory. In fact the car that they did have in stock was a Dec 2010 production model and it did not have fog lamps. In fact that was also one of the reasons why I rejected that piece. I guess all future batches of Ambiente TSI cars from now on will come with fog lamps. You never know, maybe Skoda have really 'restarted' fog lamps in Ambiente based on market feedback.

Skoda celebration offer - Classic starts at 10.99L ex-showroom Bengaluru

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirWind (Post 2421718)

Indeed a tempting price for the gem of an engine. If I remember it right the classic was launched at an ex-showroom price of 12.25 L six months back.

Quote:

If you can, can you please share the celebration prices OTR (Bangalore) prices of Classic and Ambiente TSI? Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer (Post 2421937)
If you can, can you please share the celebration prices OTR (Bangalore) prices of Classic and Ambiente TSI? Thanks!

Just checked with Vinayak - Classic is 13.86 on road while Ambiente is 15.2.

Just checked that the OTR price for Laura TSI classic in Gurgaon is 12 lacs. That's a cracker price for this engine.

The only problem is, I am scared to touch a high displacement petrol engine now , considering the rate at which petrol prices have been going up. Also, Skoda petrols are known to e sensitive as well. The market seems to have become over prejudiced towards diesels now. For e.g there seems to be few taker for Laura TSI, even though the difference between the base petrol and base diesel is a whopping 3 lacs now. One will never recover that money, irrespective of how much one drives.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by skjlives (Post 2425400)

Will insurance + road tax come to 2.86L on 10.99L?? Or is skoda/Vinayak asking for too much incidental charges.

They told 39K for insurance & 2.4L for tax + incidental charges.

EDIT: Looks like they calculating road tax on original ex-showroom and not the discounted ex-showroom

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile (Post 2428120)
Just checked that the OTR price for Laura TSI classic in Gurgaon is 12 lacs. That's a cracker price for this engine.

The only problem is, I am scared to touch a high displacement petrol engine now , considering the rate at which petrol prices have been going up. Also, Skoda petrols are known to e sensitive as well. The market seems to have become over prejudiced towards diesels now. For e.g there seems to be few taker for Laura TSI, even though the difference between the base petrol and base diesel is a whopping 3 lacs now. One will never recover that money, irrespective of how much one drives.

I mulled over this issue for quite a bit and have arrived at a buy decision for the TSI Ambiente. The good news is, and this is based on reviews from petrol TSI owners on this forum, this engine rewards soft driving style with good (not great) FE and rewards heavy footed driving style with great power. I'd actually take that, since I have the option of deciding whether I've woken up in power mode or economy. Also given how much they have taken off the sticker, it is now a very sexily priced car, perhaps the quickest you can buy for even up to 25-30L lakh kind of budget, with also excellent handling characteristics thrown in.

I say, go for it dude, live it up. Who knows how soon petrol cars (and may be even petrol :D) may become extinct!!!

From ACI, difference between Classic and Ambinete models

Laura Classic buyers won’t get front fog lamps, rear parking sensors, lumbar support adjustment for driver and front passenger seats, a front center arm-rest, automatic climate control, rear-A/C vents, leather wrapped steering wheel, gear knob and brake lever, and storage compartment under the front passenger seat. The Classic variant will feature Steel wheels instead of Alloys and a single-DIN CD player with instead a Central infotainment system.

Considering the Laura VRS is expected to be launched soon (September 2011) I wonder what new features are coming in that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 2428176)
Will insurance + road tax come to 2.86L on 10.99L?? Or is skoda/Vinayak asking for too much incidental charges.

They told 39K for insurance & 2.4L for tax + incidental charges.

EDIT: Looks like they calculating road tax on original ex-showroom and not the discounted ex-showroom

+1. If exshowroom is 11 Lakhs then OTR should be 11 Lakhs + 14.5% in Hyderabad = 12.70 lakhs maybe 13L in bangalore due to higher taxes. But, 13.86 is ridiculous.

calculating roadtax on original ex-showroom is cheating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2433925)

+1 to that. Roadtax should always be on the current Ex-Showroom price, right? What sense does the discount make, if the roadtax is going to be the same? One way or the other, we would end up paying the same amount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile (Post 2428120)
Just checked that the OTR price for Laura TSI classic in Gurgaon is 12 lacs.

At 12L OTR, this is a cracker of a car -- notwithstanding A.S.S reputation of SKODA. Honestly, I was tempted to call SKODA and ask for more details on this car :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by skjlives (Post 2425400)

How I wish we in Bangalore also had a 12L OTR price. It REALLY hurts paying ~2L more than what folks somewhere else, in the same county, are paying for the same product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2433925)
+1. If exshowroom is 11 Lakhs then OTR should be 11 Lakhs + 14.5% in Hyderabad = 12.70 lakhs maybe 13L in bangalore due to higher taxes. But, 13.86 is ridiculous.

I booked TSI ambiente with Vinayak over the weekend, but have asked them to hold on processing my order till I confirm, which is because I want to be sure about what petrol jetta will look like in terms of engine tuning, features and of course, price. Anyway, cancelling is not very punitive at 1 grand, so worth locking in to Laura at the discounted prices.

The deal I have is 15.3 L all in (but without the zero depreciation cover). The complementary stuff includes Stanley leather seats (Satin grade), sun film, mats, mud flaps and Teflon coating. When I enquired about the fog lamps, the salesman told me that they had been discontinued on the ambiente yet again:Frustrati. I checked back with tafe pronto and that did not seem to be the case, to which the guy sheepishly said, "I will get back to you Sir".

Now, I am keen to do this booking with Vinayak because of their (slightly) better reputation, but can someone please confirm what is the latest status on fog lamps with Laura TSI ambiente? If not, I will shift to Tafe, since they seem to have a lot of stock with fog lamps. Gosh! Sudhar ja Skoda, with more consistency you will have much higher potential to do well in India!

Quote:

Originally Posted by skjlives (Post 2434022)
Now, I am keen to do this booking with Vinayak because of their (slightly) better reputation, but can someone please confirm what is the latest status on fog lamps with Laura TSI ambiente?

Hi mate. Call up Skoda directly on 0240 6631111. That's the boardline in Aurangabad. Tell them you are interested in buying a Laura but have few quries. They'll put you to the right person. That's the last word and confirmed status.

Worked in my case and I narrowly escaped from getting a w/o fogs Laura. Had to wait for another month though..

Quote:

Originally Posted by skjlives (Post 2434022)
Now, I am keen to do this booking with Vinayak because of their (slightly) better reputation, but can someone please confirm what is the latest status on fog lamps with Laura TSI ambiente? If not, I will shift to Tafe, since they seem to have a lot of stock with fog lamps. Gosh! Sudhar ja Skoda, with more consistency you will have much higher potential to do well in India!

If TAFE has stock of Ambiente with the Fogs go for it! Don't take Vinayak's word that Fogs have been discontinued. They did a lot of lying to me about the same. All dealers seem to have some stock of non fog lamped version of Ambiente and are keen to sell it off. I can't believe they are dishing out the "Fog lamps discontinued again" story. Just tell Vinayak, "I am buying the car from TAFE, since they are offering me Fogs". They will tell you Skoda has restarted fogs once again and will offer you a car with fogs.

Don't take Skoda's word also. They are hand in glove with the dealer since they want to help their dealers to sell off this batch.