Team-BHP - Jaguar XJ-L now in 3.0 diesel and 5.0 supercharged supersport versions in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Jaguar XJ-L now in 3.0 diesel and 5.0 supercharged supersport versions in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/95333-jaguar-xj-l-now-3-0-diesel-5-0-supercharged-supersport-versions-india-3.html)

I thought the 5 star Hotels limited themselves to the Audis and the Beemers for Taxis.
But an OTR (approx.) Rs. 95 Lac car for a ferry?
Beats me..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 (Post 2545490)
I thought the 5 star Hotels limited themselves to the Audis and the Beemers for Taxis.
Beats me..

Hotels get huge discounts for cars under the EPCG scheme. Due to this, they have to pay a mere 5% duty on such CBU imports which saves them 45-50% of the price we citizens have to pay for the same car. This translates into getting a S class at the price of a E class.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 (Post 2545490)
Beats me..

Well I think only Taj has the Jags. Taj is part of the Tata Group like Jag so why not?

Even the 4 Seasons have a huge number of 730ld's which are used for guests.

Jaguar XJ-L Supersports in Mumbai.

Jaguar has launched the XJ Ultimate Edition in India.

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/jaguar...rice-features/

Quote:

The diesel XJ Ultimate is priced at Rs. 1.78 crores, while the petrol XJ Ultimate is priced at Rs. 1.88 crores (all prices ex-showroom, Thane).

I own one the earlier versions of the XJ, the 2002 XJR (V8, 4.0L super charged), also known in Jaguar circles as the X308. Love that car!

I've had the pleasure of having the opportunity for taking this new XJ for a spin in the UK a little while ago. The sales guy took about two hours to talk me through all the buttons, controls and settings you have at your command in this car. Then he let me go for the afternoon. So I blasted around Suffolk for several hours, Both Motorways and some beautiful, very English, windy little country roads.

There are not that many cars on the market today that I would really would like to own, but this one I definitely would. Beautifully made, great handling and the attention to detail is unbelievable. I really think this car is gorgeous. Once you've driven it you'll be spoiled for anything else.

Jeroen

Jaguar is likely to bring in the XJ 2.0L petrol :thumbs up

This 2.0L is the Ford sourced 2.0-litre EcoBoost producing 237bhp from its turbo charged motor.

Lack of power may not to be an issue for owners as most of them are likely to be chauffeur driven type.

Expected Launch price : Rs 1.16 Crore (Ex-Showroom Delhi)

^ Making it aprox Rs 14 Lakhs less than the current 3L V6 :)

Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/News/349...dia-bound.aspx

^^ They should ideally assemble this variant along with the diesel in India! That would lower the price even further. The XJL-L is the best looking car in the segment.

This is the new price list for jaguar Cars from 1st July 2013.

Jaguar XJ-L now in 3.0 diesel and 5.0 supercharged supersport versions in India-image307921808.jpg

I think it's mental to buy the 2.0L XJ for 1.20cr, an Audi A8 would cost you less and with all the rear recliner seat etc etc.

Also, i do not see the XF 3.0L model in the list, has it been discountinued?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile (Post 2213604)
I wish I had money to buy this:deadhorse

BTW, this looks soooooo much better than the S-class. people in India are still swayed by the Merc name though

In US Jaguar XJ range starts from $70K onwards, ridiculously high import duty makes cars so costly in India. I love the US market where you can buy these luxury cars from used car market at a much much affordable price. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tj123 (Post 3176622)
In US Jaguar XJ range starts from $70K onwards, ridiculously high import duty makes cars so costly in India.

The CBU BMW 740Li goes at around 115L Ex showroom; the 750Li is 130L; So this pricing is comparatively high.

Even a 760Li with B&O system, night vision, climate seats & separate rear a/c compressor should be around 190L. The XJ Ultimate's 200L + pricing is really eye- popping!

The Jaguar India website was updated many weeks ago. But the Spec- sheets are yet to be updated.

@ VSD, have they stopped the XF 3.0L Diesel S Premium Luxury? I can't see it on the price list?

From what I hear, Jaguar will start CKD operations for the 3.0 XF soon. Heard about this from my Sales Rep at the F-Type launch.

Bumping an old thread, @mods please move to appropriate thread.

Spotted an XJL with camouflaged front and rear ends at ITPL main road Whitefield, Bangalore . Is there a new XJL variant coming up?

Saw this Jaguar XJL in Ranipet (near Vellore - Tamilnadu). So gorgeous and majestic. It was with a very long wheel base and the total length was over 5 mts. The rear tyres were very very wide and probably of 275/35 R20 spec (Pirelli costs a whopping ~Rs 43,000 per tyre). This car had all its glasses tinted.