Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2011, 21:09   #1
BHPian

Responsible Road Users Club- YOUR chance to be the CHANGE

The smooth flowing of traffic in any society is built on two aspects:
1. infrastructure provided and
2. people's compliance to traffic discipline.

While we citizens keep on complaining about the inadequate infrastructure provided, most of the times we overlook the indiscipline from the commuters taking care of which can bring some degree of improvement on the road.

'Responsible Road Users Club' (RRUC) endeavour is to create a citizen's movement in this aspect of the city traffic. Rather than focussing on things beyond our control, this club has decided to focus on thing which are within our control and that is our behaviour, our discipline.

It's all about self policing or self regulation. We're going to be strict followers of road discipline and traffic rules and we're going to proudly declare to the world about our commitments. This movement is going to be based on CARE for fellow motorists, pedestrians and traffic rules.

The official launch of the Club is happening soon-

When:January 22nd, 2011 at 7pm

Where: Carter Road Amphitheater, Bandra (W).

Be there with Friends and Family!

For more info visit: rrucindia.org
Attached Thumbnails
Responsible Road Users Club- YOUR chance to be the CHANGE-40756_114485765278000_111631785563398_109026_5416939_n.jpg  

evil_e46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2011, 22:20   #2
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Responsible Road Users Club- YOUR chance to be the CHANGE

I might visit the venue.
But what is the actual concept about.

What do you plan to do?
Old 18th January 2011, 22:37   #3
BHPian

Fully support such an initiative but the roads are full of idiots as someone put is correctly to make a difference really. But good initiative. All the best.
Old 19th January 2011, 08:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good initiative and I'm for it.

I was reading at the goals, committments sections, have you got asny kind of endorsement from the Traffic dept or Road ministry would support such an initiative. Just curious to know.

With road rage monster slowly getting bigger and meaner, such an intitiative is always welcome.
Old 19th January 2011, 11:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
But what is the actual concept about.

What do you plan to do?
This club called ‘Responsible Road Users Club’ (RRUC) has been formed with an aim to create a people's movement towards VOLUNTARY adherence to traffic discipline - whether the cop is present or not present, whether its day or night, whether you’re the only one following the rules or there are others as well .

These are early days for RRUC. We'll move in phases. In the first phase, we'll try to reach out to private vehicle owners and increase the members who are committed towards the commitments of RRUC. Once we achieve a sizable number, we will definitely expand to other areas such as reaching out the taxi/autos/BEST drivers, training schools/ partnership with some good training schools to offer trainings on driving etiquettes, working with the authorities to imprive the traffic conditions, etc.

Our first challenge is to do the phase 1 right. And for that, the launch is going to be a very big step. We're being watched with hope, interest and probably doubt as well. This launch is going to make a big statement to the world that here are the group of citizens who have decided that 'Control the Controllables' is going to be their motto in bringing the change on Mumbai roads discipline.

Hence, request everyone on this forum to come with friends and families for this launch and get RRUC rolling in a big way. We should be proud of what we're intending to achieve and lets go all out to make it a success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

I was reading at the goals, committments sections, have you got asny kind of endorsement from the Traffic dept or Road ministry would support such an initiative. Just curious to know.

With road rage monster slowly getting bigger and meaner, such an intitiative is always welcome.
Glad to hear that you are up for it

The peoples endorsement towards the betterment of the road users is what is of prime importance here and we are looking into endorsements from certain departments such as the ones you've mentioned.

Do join in by becoming a member by clicking 'Join Us' on the site rrucindia.org
Its free, fast and you will receive a RRUC kit along with it to show your commitment.
Old 19th January 2011, 11:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

A nice initiative. This is going to need huge amount of energy and commitment to succeed in a city like Mumbai. Wishing you the very best - I sincerely hope this succeeds and spreads to other cities
Old 19th January 2011, 12:23   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

Hi ghodlur,
we have approached the traffic police, in-fact they were the one who approached us initially and welcomed the move. We are expecting a couple of senior traffic police officers to be present at the launch, if they aren't occupied at bandobust for 26th Jan preparations. This movement is all about self restraint. We do not intend to preach anyone to drive, but mind our step. That we would not break any traffic laws deliberately and stay disciplined. To identify such characters we would be having RRUC stickers on our vehicles. But again it's not about drivers only and we are a broader community of responsible road users (riders, pedestrians, drivers and anyone who is using a road) and plan to spread the message far and wide.
Old 19th January 2011, 12:27   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post

Glad to hear that you are up for it

The peoples endorsement towards the betterment of the road users is what is of prime importance here and we are looking into endorsements from certain departments such as the ones you've mentioned.

Do join in by becoming a member by clicking 'Join Us' on the site rrucindia.org
Its free, fast and you will receive a RRUC kit along with it to show your commitment.
Hi evil_e46, just a small correction here that although we started with memberships free initially but to cover the cost of the kit an initial charge of Rs.200 is solicited. We have made the necessary changes and mentioned it on the website "join us" page. thanks.
Old 19th January 2011, 13:06   #9
BHPian

How I pray that Mumbai folks succeed big time in this endeavor. If the people of one city are enlightened, maybe rest will follow. All the best!
Old 19th January 2011, 16:06   #10
Team-BHP Support

Good initiative there!

There's one in Pune ; Save Pune Traffic.

My mum was involved till we were in Pune.

They had planned ~10 basic rules that we'd have to first start following and dedicated a week to each. viz. stopping before the Zebra crossing, not jumping signals etc. etc.

At the meetings, you could see ACPs, principals of various schools and all the "distinguished" citizens of the city.

Best of luck for this venture!
Old 4th April 2013, 09:43   #11

hey...I want to be a member but their links not working...please gimme details....??
Old 4th April 2013, 10:21   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst View Post
hey...I want to be a member but their links not working...please gimme details....??
A simple google search leads to this.
https://sites.google.com/site/rrucindia/contact-me

Also typing "..." in the posts is aganist the forum rules and can attract moderation.
Regards
999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2013, 10:55   #13
BHPian

Is there something similar to this in Bangalore ? How can we incorporate something like this given the fact that Bangalore has over time changed. I remember 5 years back incessant honking, lane cutting and high speed drivers in Bangalore. Even today there are a lot of them, but then things have changed to a large extent. I even manage to see autos putting on their indicator for lane changes
By the way, the logo is pretty awesome. Would love to sport one of those on my vehicle
Cheers
Old 8th February 2014, 15:00   #14

I'm joining. I read about it a few months ago in the papers. Could only find it through Team-bhp. Tried searching for it over facebook. Hadn't found it. But will search rrucindia now. Thank you so much. Wanted to join this since I read of it.

Regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks