Team-BHP - TOI Mumbai International Motor Show 20th - 23rd Jan 2011
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   TOI Mumbai International Motor Show 20th - 23rd Jan 2011 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/95508-toi-mumbai-international-motor-show-20th-23rd-jan-2011-a.html)

It's the crappiest ever show in Mumbai! Can't seem to understand what was so "international" at this Mumbai International Motor show 2011!

A Ferrari F430 with no Ferrari badge and some cheap looking wheels was the only 'attraction' :Frustrati

That most certainly doesnt look like a F430 to me. This is nothing but a cheap kit car. A real Ferrari would also have been barricaded from the public.

@theragingbull: you actually paid 100/- to go see this exhibit? And since you did go what were the other stalls at the 'international' show?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 2217828)
It's the crappiest ever show in Mumbai! Can't seem to understand what was so "international" at this Mumbai International Motor show 2011!

A Ferrari F430 with no Ferrari badge and some cheap looking wheels was the only 'attraction' :Frustrati

Did somebody flick the badge off it too? lol:
Its quite an embarrassment, if they cannot invest better efforts they should just stop organising it

Oh this looks like the Chennai Auto show that I attended in 2009! Waste of time, money and effort! The star attraction at that was a Cadillac Escalade Pickup truck!

I heard there was an Aprilla stall with some bikes on display. Any pics of those raging bull??

That ferrari isnt real..it looks like a cheap chinese knockoff built on some donor car.

That is most certainly a kit car.Its quite evident from the second pic!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 2217840)
@theragingbull: you actually paid 100/- to go see this exhibit? And since you did go what were the other stalls at the 'international' show?

Do you think I did? I just took all the pictures from my friend. :)

And yes that "Ferrari" is not a real one. It's a kitted F430 but looks so real! Didn't reveal it in my first post since I wanted to see if people recognize it. But we are Team-BHPians :D

I have not seen this event so I dont wanto to criticize it. Why was this event not advertised properly? The way this event was kept low profile, I had this feeling that it would turn up like this. But in addition to the advertising, it has to be good to make a mark.

My friend missed the ACI show some time ago. He wanted to come down from Pune for this. You just saved himself some money and time.

EDIT: Why 'International'?

where was this?? I was not even aware of this. at first glance the workmanship on the ferrari replica seems to be good. However, the air dam in the front, and rear windscreen are easy giveaways of it being a replica. BTW who is the designer and what is the donor car, any idea??

I wanted to go to the show tomorrow. Thank you for saving my time and money.

I must say, that "Ferrari" does look well made!! :D Can someone post pictures of the convertible Fiat PLEASE!! The SB1100 :D

What is a Fake Ferrari doing at a so called International Show!:eek: I had been to this show the last time which was 2 years back , it was very disappointing. The organizers should actually pay us for visiting such a show. The event was featured today on zigwheels show, it has a couple of vintage cars and the regular cars that we see on roads everyday.

I am really disapointed these days at the quality of our so called autoshows

Auto enthusiasts can quicly decipher what a show is worth and so on, but image the fools they would make of people not aware of the difference between a real ferrari and a dud.

By the way, what did the stall claim it was? Or did they try to pass it off as a Ferrari.

The stall was for mod jobs. They even displayed a modifed innova. 5 lakhs :O for modification. I saw a DC modification job last year on an Innova (at Inorbit Malad) and they quoted 4 lakhs. This was definately not better than DC ! The show was ok I would say.....nothing great about it.