Team-BHP - Honda Siel to recall 57,853 'City' sedans
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda Siel to recall 57,853 'City' sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/96776-honda-siel-recall-57-853-city-sedans-14.html)

I did get my City "updated". I also had engine oil + oil filter change alongside.

In line with Pratim's and Tommie's observations I too felt a little refinement coming into the engine operations.

The car is much quieter in higher gears and you can drive a gear up. In other words, the car is quieter 1500rpm onwards while before the recall I felt compelled to operate a shade above 2000 rpm.

The car definitely feels more eager. There was a slight lag between throttle and response which seems to be eliminated now. Let us see how it goes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommie (Post 2280501)
When I consulted one of my friend who works in the automobile industry, he mentioned that it might not be really possible to improve the low end torque by replacing the springs. He thinks it would be possible only by ECU tuning.

I checked the fuel average after the PUD and it seems to be less than it was earlier. I used to get ~12.5 kmpl (eventhough the odometer used to show 13.6 kmpl) .After the PUD, I see my full tank last average was ~11.25 (the odometer average showed 13.5kmpl).

Any comments/observations on fuel average after PUD ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommie (Post 2299473)
I checked the fuel average after the PUD and it seems to be less than it was earlier. I used to get ~12.5 kmpl (eventhough the odometer used to show 13.6 kmpl) .After the PUD, I see my full tank last average was ~11.25 (the odometer average showed 13.5kmpl).

Any comments/observations on fuel average after PUD ?

I too have observed this. FE of my car has come down by 1 to 1.5 kmpl, from 13+ kmpl to 12 kmpl after this PUD. But, being summer now I tend to use 100% AC and there have been more runs than usual on the busy Bangalore city traffic. So, would like to observe two more fills before concluding.

Cheers
Pratim

^
I have always been on AC as I do not find any difference in Power difference. The only difference is an increase of less than 100 RPM during idling state.

I got my ANHC updated last week. As mentioned by a lot of people here, there is a noticeable change in the performance. Power delivery seems to be a lot smoother and the response below 2k rpm also seems to have improved. More than anything else I love the engine note which seems to have become a little louder past the 4k rpm mark (when the vtec valve opens). It sounds amazing. Its too early to comment on the fuel efficiency at this point. I shall post the update once I'm done with this and the next tank of fuel.

Just to add my 10 paise bit. Got a call from Honda alongwith a letter that my car requires to be recalled for replacing the offending valve spring. Since I was sending my car for servicing to Southend Honda (Badarpur) I asked them to change the spring rather than sending it to Courtesy Honda (service not so good) who were the dealers probably asked to do this as the nearest in distance from my house.

After the car was returned noticed poor tuning and missing on idle. I suspect that they did not adjust the tappet clearance when the engine was totally cold and then test it. Car was sent back again on complaint by me to both SIEL Honda and Southend Honda. When it came back the tuning was fine but after a few days the missing during idle started. It is not very bad but at Rs 9 lacs you hardly expect to have a missing engine! I think the valves might have got damaged if the tappet clearance was too much in some valves and this would allow hot gases to burn the edges of the valves. This should affect the fuel efficiency so I will keep a hawks eye on the specific fuel consumption.

All in all not a happy situation and I am going to escalate this further to senior people in SIEL Honda.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashokabs (Post 2325954)
All in all not a happy situation and I am going to escalate this further to senior people in SIEL Honda.

Hi ashok, sad to hear that you are not satisfied with Honda service and recall program. You should write email to senior Honda customer service and demand urgent rectification of the problem. Once your matter is up to senior Honda people I am sure your job will be done without any issue.

Please try following numbers and links - 1800113121, 011-39898918 and
0120 - 234 1313/ 1321/ 1327/ 1801/ 1806.

Honda Car India::Feedback for Service

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashokabs (Post 2325954)
Just to add my 10 paise bit. Got a call from Honda alongwith a letter that my car requires to be recalled for replacing the offending valve spring. Since I was sending my car for servicing to Southend Honda (Badarpur) I asked them to change the spring rather than sending it to Courtesy Honda (service not so good) who were the dealers probably asked to do this as the nearest in distance from my house.

After the car was returned noticed poor tuning and missing on idle. I suspect that they did not adjust the tappet clearance when the engine was totally cold and then test it. Car was sent back again on complaint by me to both SIEL Honda and Southend Honda. When it came back the tuning was fine but after a few days the missing during idle started. It is not very bad but at Rs 9 lacs you hardly expect to have a missing engine! I think the valves might have got damaged if the tappet clearance was too much in some valves and this would allow hot gases to burn the edges of the valves. This should affect the fuel efficiency so I will keep a hawks eye on the specific fuel consumption.

I sent my car back to Linkway today for the exact same problem. Let's see how it goes....

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKap (Post 2350785)
I sent my car back to Linkway today for the exact same problem. Let's see how it goes....

The car has been there 4 times already for the same problem. It seems to be ok now but I have a feeling that the "missing" is coming back :(

Guys,

Could you please explain a bit more about "missing engine" while idling? How do I identify this if it's happening in my car.

On the FE front, FE has definitely gone down. I am going to talk to Whitefield Honda (from where I get my car serviced) during my upcoming 20000 KM service.

Cheers
Pratim

Quote:

Originally Posted by pratim (Post 2368064)
Guys,

Could you please explain a bit more about "missing engine" while idling? How do I identify this if it's happening in my car.

On the FE front, FE has definitely gone down. I am going to talk to Whitefield Honda (from where I get my car serviced) during my upcoming 20000 KM service.

Cheers
Pratim

You will feel a little bit of vibration from the engine and the engine will feel like what it does when there is an impurity in the injectors. It should vibrate when the engine is cold or when the engine is upto operating temperature but mostly when idling.

Honda to recall 72155 City's ?? Just heard !

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 2493920)
Honda to recall 72155 City's ?? Just heard !

Here is the thread GTO just created for the same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-switches.html