Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2011, 14:31   #1
BHPian

Online DL Appointment and Payment System - Launched in NCR

A good initiative by Delhi Govt. :

Driving License Appointment and Payment System

The quicker, smoother way to get your driving license and save time!!
Book your appointment with the License Issuing Authority in advance.
Pay your fees online through e-payment and avoid waiting in queue.

Five simple steps to getting your driving license:
  1. Select the option of ‘Book my Appointment’.
  2. Enter your details and select the ‘Service’ and ‘Zone’ of your choice.
  3. Select ‘e-Payment’ option and make your payment.
  4. Note down your ‘Reference details’ and ‘Payment details’.
  5. Reach the zonal office 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment to get your documents verified. Make sure you are carrying the ‘Reference details’, ‘Payment details’ and all the other relevant documents.
Appointment through call centre -

You also have the option of calling on this number – ‘9311900800’ and booking your appointment with the zonal officer through phone.

Got questions: https://www.dimtspay.in/app/mlodoc/FAQs.pdf

Source: https://www.dimtspay.in/app/index.aspx

Cheers,
Irish
Irish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2011, 14:44   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Online DL Appointment and Payment System - Launched in NCR

Not Fair! You guys pay the lowest taxes on cars, get a world-class Metro system first, and now this Simply not fair!

Seriously though, a fantastic move from the Delhi transport authorities. Thanks for sharing, Irish. I find it shocking that the two RTOs in Mumbai are not even connected to each other. About time all the Indian RTOs work off a centralised database.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2011, 15:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not Fair! You guys pay the lowest taxes on cars, get a world-class Metro system first, and now this Simply not fair!

Seriously though, a fantastic move from the Delhi transport authorities. Thanks for sharing, Irish. I find it shocking that the two RTOs in Mumbai are not even connected to each other. About time all the Indian RTOs work off a centralised database.
GTO,

Pls check the link for the Maharashtra RTO website. I assume the same topic is being discussed.

Motor Vehicles Department ( R.T.O.) , Maharashtra
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2011, 17:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

*evil grin* the joy and benefits of living in NCR!
Old 17th February 2011, 17:20   #5
BHPian

Quote:

With both the points mentioned by GTO!!

Karnataka is generally lagging in such initiatives because of the bureaucracy and how 'con'vinent the current system for collecting bribes. Any ways this system will come up in metros sooner that later,
Old 18th February 2011, 00:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
and have to give away the best of our roads to the worst set of people from around the country ( politicos! )..

all that apart, yes indeed this is a very good step and should atleast get implemented in all metros.
they have been making changes to the way DLs are issued. your Delhi DL will now get into your hands ONLY BY POST, so no more fake addresses. and the envelope carries a letter from sec. of transport and a pamphlet depicting basic road signs and do's and don'ts. I know that most people won't pay attention to that stuff. but it's certainly better worth out of the Rs. 350 they charge for DL.

P.S: chandigarh has that trophy now. Shiela dixit and MCD have become greedy lately.
Old 30th May 2014, 21:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

According to reports from the magazine supplement of HT i.e HT Live in today's Noida Edition it has been said that Noida and Ghaziabad RTOs will be starting to provide online facilities to make the process of attaining a driving license much faster.

Quote:
"This facility has been made so that there is no queue of applicants at a given time and they can reach to the RTO office at a time that suits them. In addition facilities such as VIP number allotment and payment of commercial vehicle tax can all be made online" -Mayank Jyoti, RTO.
Here is a snap of the paper clipping.

Online DL Appointment and Payment System - Launched in NCR-photo1232.jpg

Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 30th May 2014 at 21:45. Reason: spell check
Old 31st May 2014, 17:10   #8
BHPian

I tried accessing the above mentioned URL and apparently the site does not exist. And the best part even while accessing it via delhi government site, it doesn't open up.

We do start new things but don't run it forever or drive to closure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks