Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2006, 16:45   #1
BANNED

Would Toyota offer 2006 model Innovas under discount scheme?

Hi all

As you may know, Toyota is extending its Rs 80,000 off (under 3 schemes) till Jan 31st. I read in the press that the Toyota's GM has said that they will extend it till March.

I called up the Bangalore dealer who said only 2005 models are under clearance and discount is being extended only on them. Can learned people please comment from your experience: is there a chance that they will offer it on 2006 models as soon as the 2005 ones are cleared? I am in a dilemma. Ideally I would take both the discount and the 2006 model, but am happy for the 2005 model if it is an industry practice not to offer the discount on new year models. Can someone comment? Is the dealer right?

By the way after reading the thread on diesel D4D model problems, I am settling on petrol. They are now extending the scheme to higher models too, so I am taking a G3 silver petrol.

Thanks
Manish
Old 6th January 2006, 17:08   #2

Hi Manish,

Just curious, how does it matter if its 2005 or 2006 since there are no upgrades to the 2006 model ?
I met with the service supervisor of Nandi Toyota yesterday. He said they have not seen any vehicles having engine problems so far. So far they had one case of a premature tyre wear and a few cases of door rattles reported.
But he admitted that there were complaints about black smoke which is largely attributed to bad quality fuel and Toyota is looking into it. Again the suggestion given was to use normal diesel but did not have any answers to why premium diesel will create a problem.
Old 6th January 2006, 17:13   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejika
Hi Manish,

Just curious, how does it matter if its 2005 or 2006 since there are no upgrades to the 2006 model ?
It maybe helpful when selling it off, other things being equal, on paper 2006 model should fetch better price than a 2005 model.
Old 6th January 2006, 17:13   #4
BANNED

The difference would be in depreciation value attributed when it is sold, if at all. Obviously 2006 model will fetch a higher value. By the way, do you own an Innova? Which?
Old 6th January 2006, 17:26   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk13
The difference would be in depreciation value attributed when it is sold, if at all. Obviously 2006 model will fetch a higher value. By the way, do you own an Innova? Which?
If you are buying Petrol Innova, your resale price is shot anyway.
Old 6th January 2006, 17:39   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ideally I would take both the discount and the 2006 model,
So you want to have your cake and eat it too!

Get a 2006 registration, thats all. It really would not make that much of a difference if the car has been manufactured in end December or start of January. The registration and delivery date would make the difference.

GTO
Old 6th January 2006, 18:09   #7
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It really would not make that much of a difference if the car has been manufactured in end December or start of January. The registration and delivery date would make the difference.
I feel that the manufacturing date is more important than the Registration date. Most people look at the Year of Mfg date rather than Regn Date at the time of buying a new / 2nd hand car.
Old 6th January 2006, 19:01   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually,
whenever i have gone to sell a car or a see a used car, year of regst. has always been asked or mentioned.
As long as it is a 2006 registered car it is ok.
Old 6th January 2006, 20:13   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk13
G2 Diesel ,which I found is the best value for money...but now upset about the 80K discount ...I purchsed it in the last week of Sep and all that I got was a set of cheap floor mats :-(
Old 6th January 2006, 22:52   #10
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
I feel that the manufacturing date is more important than the Registration date. Most people look at the Year of Mfg date rather than Regn Date at the time of buying a new / 2nd hand car.
Even I feel the same. In the 2nd hand market, people go by the "model" of the car which means the "year of mfg".
Old 7th January 2006, 00:40   #11

extension of finance scheme for Toyota Innova?

http://sify.com/finance/fullstory.php?id=14112761

You must be referring to the above article.
The sify article says that TKM may be extending the finance scheme for another 3 months as it has increased monthly sales from 2500 to 4500.

We need confirmation from TKM if the promotion is to be extended for 3 more months.
Old 7th January 2006, 00:55   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmobile
http://sify.com/finance/fullstory.php?id=14112761

You must be referring to the above article.
The sify article says that TKM may be extending the finance scheme for another 3 months as it has increased monthly sales from 2500 to 4500.

We need confirmation from TKM if the promotion is to be extended for 3 more months.

And the same thing is mentioned in business-standard.com

http://www.business-standard.com/com...ct=0&leftindx=

So it is good idea to mention this to the dealer and wait for a few days, if necessary, to see if the finance scheme is extended.
Old 8th January 2006, 23:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

well, the discount schemes HAVE increased the sales of the innova, but not by much. the targeted sales of 4500-5000 units seem like a distant dream now; about 3000 is more realistic, and that is what they have been doing since the past couple of months.

as for extending the offer- totally unpredictable at this point, as toyota has shut plant due to labour problems (headlined by CNBC and other news channels)....

damn...i was expecting the launch of the fortuner soon due to the now-stagnant sales of the innova....let's hope things are sorted out soon...
Old 9th January 2006, 07:14   #14
Team-BHP Support

considering the factory lockout - they may have to slow down on the discount once stocks reduce
Old 9th January 2006, 13:42   #15
BHPian

Join the gang...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejika
G2 Diesel ,which I found is the best value for money...but now upset about the 80K discount ...I purchsed it in the last week of Sep and all that I got was a set of cheap floor mats :-(

I bought it in Nov 2nd week, so how should I feel??? :-(

And even i got those cheap floor mats free... I am really shocked that Toyota would devalue their product so fast... This is an unhealthy practice - cream the market and then crash the rate... I was expecting the price change to happen after about a year or so, when the product becomes older and they have something else to offer...

But, then this is the problem with all consumer goods... You buy it and the price crashes..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks