Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 14:29   #1
BHPian

Innova G variant phased out by Toyota?

Hi guys,
Yesterday I went into Ravindu Toyota showroom, to check the latest on-road prices for Innova. I was thinking of buying a M/S-UV in May~June, but thought of checking if the budget meant price rises in April. What I was told by the salesman is that Toyota is stopping the production of Innova Diesel 'G' variant. This 'G' variant is the lowest priced option, unless you want to go for the taxi-cab models ('E' variant, with no Air Con).
This decision by Toyota would make the 'GX' variant the lowest priced non-taxi Innova. This model has dual AC, and Bangalore on-road prices are > 13 lakhs. So if this is true, then people looking for a 10~11 lakh MUV would have to look elsewhere. Does anyone know if this is really true?
Old 7th March 2011, 14:44   #2
BANNED

Re: Innova G variant phased out by Toyota?

I dont think toyota will do such a thing unless they are planning to replace the innova completely.
I think you should consult some other dealer or send an email to toyota.

The G variant is the highest selling veriant of the innova and it cannot be phased out completely. You are right, people with a budget of 10-11 lacs can not buy an innova then.
Old 7th March 2011, 14:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Am Innova facelift / replacement is on the cards.
Old 7th March 2011, 15:22   #4
BHPian

Been to Nandi Toyota 2 weeks back and got to know that they have stopped the lower most "E" variant - which comes without 2nd & 3rd row AC & Power Steering - commonly used in Taxi segment.

G & V Variant is not being stopped & very much available.

I stand corrected - clarified with another senior manager in Nandi Toyota & it's correct that G1 version is being stopped & the current E version is being upgraded with features of G1. .

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th April 2012 at 23:57. Reason: Merged as reported. Please use the edit function next time round.
Old 8th March 2011, 16:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
the current E version is being upgraded with features of G1
OK, then this is just a technicality! It actually makes sense... Innova variants are confusing.
Old 8th March 2011, 16:41   #6
BANNED

All right then, things cleared, it is time to close the thread.

MODS: FYA.
Old 13th April 2011, 16:20   #7

Even I am planning to buy the G Version. Now this comes as surprise. Would the upgraded E version be priced as the current G version?
Old 15th April 2011, 13:15   #8
BHPian

An update : G model is still being built by Toyota, but only if you book it. There's a 3 month waiting period.
Old 15th April 2011, 13:21   #9
BHPian

Had a TD of GX from Ravindu Toyota last week, the sales guy confirmed that only GX and VX are manufactured now and all other models are stopped. Not sure how true the information is.
Old 15th April 2011, 17:08   #10
BHPian

^ Thats some BS the SO is giving you.
Friend in Toyota confirmed that currently all models are available for sale. I personally dont know if its the dealers way to push you into buying the GX maybe.

Likely that they will rationalise the no. of variants. May expect feature compesation and price relook.
Old 11th April 2012, 11:52   #11
BANNED

I bought a GX in Feb 2012, and since then (obviously) have been taking a closer look at Innovas on the road.

At least here in Bangalore, I very rarely see a model lower than GX (or whatever was the closest variant to the present day GX in the past). I look for the rear defogger and wiper, and always find that most Innovas on the road have them. If I get a chance to look closer, I find that they have the 2nd and 3rd row A/C's as well.

Also, whenever I have taken a taxi ride in an Innova, it has always been with 2nd and 3rd row A/c's stock fitted. Is this because I am looking only in Bangalore?

That made me wonder, did Toyota ever sell large numbers of lower variants of the Innova? And today, do the E and the G (without X) variants sell at all? Who would buy an Innova (albeit with a superior comfortable ride) without the 2nd and 3rd A/C vents, instead of buying a Xylo with all of that at the same lower price? Any answers with facts will be appreciated. I'm very curious to know!

At least the way the variants are stacked today, the GX seems to be the most obvious choice to buy, unless you have 2 lakhs+ of discretionary spend available, and don't mind going for the VX! Now with GX equipped with ABS and Driver's Airbag, there should be a dip in VX numbers, isn't it?
Old 16th September 2013, 13:27   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmn View Post
Who would buy an Innova (albeit with a superior comfortable ride) without the 2nd and 3rd A/C vents, instead of buying a Xylo with all of that at the same lower price?
I would, and I did! :-D
I dont miss the 2nd & 3rd row AC vents, as in Bangalore it rarely gets too hot.
Besides, my Innova usually runs with 2 or 3 people. It is loaded to full capacity only once in a while.

The rear defogger is not really needed... the rear window gets defogged quite easily if the AC is on, and vents are at the defog position. However, a wash and wipe would have been useful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks